Chapter 147

Lin Xinyu jumped up in fear and swore. "Absolutely not! I just missed you a lot. There was someone who looked just like you. I couldn't help looking at her. Although she isn't like you at all."

Lin Xin turned her back to him and asked, "Then if I didn't come back, you'd look at her for the rest of your life?"

Lin Xinyu said after a moment of silence, "I don't know. When I look at her, I always wonder what it would be like if you were alive."

Lin Xin understood what Lin Xinyu was thinking, but said, "I think, if I wasn't here, you'd be with her."

Lin Xinyu jumped to Lin Xin's side in a hurry and said nervously, "I really wouldn't! Believe me. I didn't even touch her."

"The last time we saw a movie at the cinema, I saw her take your arm," Lin Xin said. "And didn't she admit to sleeping with you last time?" She looked at Lin Xinyu in dissatisfaction and then turned her back to him.

Lin Xinyu, pale, lied down at the head of the bed and said, "Lin Xin, I really have nothing to do with her."

Lin Xin wasn't actually angry in the beginning. But somehow, the more Han Keman was mentioned, the angrier she became. "If you say it's nothing, it's nothing? I don't believe you."

"She and I really have nothing to do with each other, really, nothing." The more he spoke, the more anxious he was, and tears fell. "I really have nothing to do with her. If you think my arm's dirty, I'll slice it off now." He got up and opened the door and went to the kitchen to get a knife.

Lin Xinyu was stubborn and extreme. He said he'd go and he really did. Lin Xin was worried, rashly got up and out of bed. However, unable to stand, she fell to the ground with a thud.

"Xiaoyu, Xiaoyu, you, what are you doing...?" cried Aunt Hui from the kitchen.

Aunt Hui ran without holding back to call Lin Xin and saw her on the ground. Thinking the two fought, she shouted. "Xiaoyu, come, quickly! Shuxin fainted."

A joke ended in blood. Lin Xin slowly woke up. When she saw Lin Xinyu with a bloody arm, who knew from where she found strength, she suddenly sat up and slapped Lin Xinyu in the face.

"I gave you my life, not to hurt yourself, but to live."

With that, she closed her eyes and gasped in bed. After a while, she calmed down and looked at Lin Xinyu, who was sitting by the bed with his head down and crying, and her heart ached. She reached out and touched his bloody arm.

"I was just kidding. Go and bandage the wound. I don't want to see blood."

Lin Xinyu vehemently nodded and ran to bandage the wound. By then, Cheng Qingrong had come back. He hadn't harmed his bone. So Cheng Qingrong sewed him at home, two stitches. After some medicine was applied, it was wrapped in gauze. Lin Xinyu spun a story along to end the matter. Let them eat first... Lin Xin wasn't well, let her have a rest first...

Back in her room, Lin Xin was still awake. She saw Lin Xinyu clean and fresh and asked how his wound was. He said it was fine, and it'd be all better in two or three days. She remembered she had to have dinner with Aunt Hui. However, Lin Xinyu pushed her back to bed.

"It's all right. Rest." She'd fainted just now, albeit not for long. Fearing her body wouldn't be able to take it, Lin Xinyu was determined to not let her get up.

Lin Xin wasn't in a hurry. This was also her home. They could eat together as a family next time. Looking at Lin Xinyu, who was sitting at the head of the bed, she thought, 'I will never joke like that again.'

"Come here."

Lin Xinyu leaned forward. Lin Xin raised her head and softly pecked his lips. "Don't do this ever again."

This was their second kiss, if it counted as one. Only this time it was Lin Xin who took the initiative. Lin Xinyu felt as if he had eaten honey. All the pain in the world was nothing next to her kiss.