Discernment

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters and this is a fictional story.

Year: 1995.

Notes: The first chapter is mainly told in Karen's P.O.V. about someone in the church. It's kind of eerie. It may be a little boring. I don't know but let me know in the comments about what you think.

It was the end of church service and the Bishop wanted me to meet some of the new members who had just been appointed, Deacons. They had been going to this church for a long time but we never officially got to really talk too them or to get a feel of who they were. We would see them every now and then and talk to them whenever they would help out with the church. But that was about it. But now that they have been helping out even more with the church and the majority of the congregation knows them. It was only right that they'd be appointed, Deacons and that we meet with them. We met with them in the sanctuary since other members of the church had stayed a little while longer to talk.

He formally introduced himself to us since he would be helping Drew out more. But as the two were talking with the mini crowd surrounding them it was like I could feel him undressing me with his eyes. When he finally remembered that he had yet to shake my hand he held it for what seemed like a long time. Bishop watched what was going on and he playfully smacked his hand away from mine. If I was being honest with myself he made me feel a bit uneasy. But I didn't say anything just yet because we were around a group of people and I didn't want to make a scene. But then, I noticed that my husband placed a protective hand over the small of my back pulling me to his side. I smiled at the older man a bit awkwardly because the vibes that he was sending towards me was weird. It was just something about his spirit was off and I hoped I wasn't the only one that could sense it. I think my husband sensed it as well because his body tensed up and he huffed his chest a little while pulling me closer to him once again.

This in turn made me pull my little seven year old daughter, Kierra closer towards me. I put both hands over her tummy holding her back as if I was giving her a hug as I continued to smile. I gave, Drew a quick look that had my eyebrows arched as I took my daughter to go back too his office in the church. "I'll talk to you when we get done." I whispered to him with my mouth a tad bit covered so the rest of the COGIC family wouldn't see. I didn't want them to think that anything was wrong and they didn't need to be in the office when I was talking to Drew. As I turned around I felt a pair of eyes staring at my behind. I know with being thick and all I'm blessed in all the right places and I have to look out for men. But the sad part was I'd had to look out for church guys too they were the worst sometimes and it baffled me. But my husband, Bishop John Drew Sheard Sr. wasn't like that he was respectful and he didn't just want me for my body. Karen thought to herself as she made her way to go sit in her husband's office.

When she unlocked the door she let herself and Kierra in as Kierra sat behind her daddy's desk in his office chair pretending to be him. Karen sat on the other side waiting for her husband to finish talking with the congregation with being the Bishop and the First Lady more times than not you leave the church last followed by the Deacons and who ever else who was in the building helping to lock it up.

It was about 30 minutes later when Drew was finally done and he came back into his office a tad bit upset. Karen looked up at her husband seeing that his brown face was a light red and his cheeks were huffed out as he made his way through the office. "You're finally done?" Karen said as the words slipped out of her mouth lifting up her head as she had dozed off for a minute with a now sleeping, Kierra on her lap. "Yeah." He said giving her a kiss on her cheek. "Drew I wanna ask you something." Karen started to say to her husband as he sat down at his desk to finish up some last minute work to get his mind off of the conversation that he had with one of the Deacons. He stopped to give his wife his full undivided attention.

"What do you think about Deacon Roy?" Karen asked nervously biting her lip as she looked awkwardly at her husband. And Bishop gulped a tad bit hard. "Honestly, I don't like the man." He said in a hushed voice to not wake, Kierra and also to make sure that no one was standing on the outside of his office door. "So, you felt it too?" Karen asked him feeling a tad bit relieved. "What you mean his spirit, the way he looked at you or wouldn't stop shaking your hand?" He asked with his eyebrows furrowed. "All of thee above." Karen said chuckling as she nervously scratched his head. "Does he make you nervous?" The Bishop asked her concerned. "Unfortunately, he do and not in a good way." She said as she leaned on side of the armrests as she spoke to her husband. "It's just...I don't know what it is about him. I don't want him anywhere near, Kierra alone and I don't want to be next too him. I don't even want to stand next to him." Karen finally admitted. "He just oooh gives me goosebumps." She said trying to shake the pending fear away of what she felt from that man.

"It's like he kept watching me throughout the whole entire time he was talking to you." She said, "And you know the way you look at me when you wanna..." Karen trailed off since, Kierra was still lightly snoring away. "It was like he was undressing me with his eyes." She told him. "And every time I moved or walked away he did the same and he stares way too hard when he's looking at me when you're not looking." She said. "That man is a creep." Karen said voicing her opinion and the Bishop couldn't agree with her more.

"Well, I can see what I can do about having him not be near you two because I don't want anything happening. I don't want have to go too jail over my wife and child because I would." The Bishop said as he got finished packing his belongings. He got up from behind his desk gathering his things as Karen held, Kierra in her arms, Drew leaned over to kiss his wife on the cheek as he grabbed onto her hand locking the church office heading out to go home.

To be continued...

Notes:

So, what did y'all think?

This is my first ever Karen Clark Sheard fanfic!

Hopefully this story goes well. Please don't leave rude comments keep it cute.

I do respond to questions so, don't be afraid to ask or comment and with that being said I love seeing different perspectives.

Thank you for reading and supporting!