Mama K: The authority P2

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:
Karen tells Drew what happened at the party and she discusses her new-found dislike for the church when she thinks that the board won't do anything because they didn't do anything when Deacon Roy was doing his minor attempts to hurt her.

It was now the next day and Drew and Karen was just sitting down talking about what happened at the party. "So, you found her in a closest?" Drew asked concerned about his daughters well-being. "Yeah I mean, Drew I knew she had to be scared and I know something had to happen before hand but she's not telling me about it. And I don't know how bad it is. I don't want her to feel like she can't talk to us about anything especially me."
Karen said, "I want to at least do something about it because I know if we go to the board with this then nothing is gonna get done. They might as well start calling her delusional too." Karen said a bit upset because that's what some of the church members started calling her before she left. And Drew placed his hand underneath her chin.
"Honey, look at me they didn't know what happened and they don't have a right to call you that. You're not delusional and you never were." Drew said and Karen sadly, nodded her head. "You were brutally attacked and traumatized." Drew said, "They had no right on treating you the way that they did." He told his wife.
"Drew I just don't want the same thing happening to her and even though I'm home I'm still struggling." Karen said admitting it out loud as she nervously bit her lip. "That's true but you're doing better than before and I'm proud of you for that." Drew said, kissing his wife on the cheek.
"So, what did you have in mind?" Drew asked her. "Well, I told them that for the next 4 Sunday's it's gonna be Teen's service since they wanted to act like they were grown."

Karen said looking at Drew and he smiled which meant that the Teens were gonna have to do Sunday school, the offering, the opening announcements, the alter call, help with the benediction, and even the sermon for the older teens and the teens choir was going to be singing which meant practice for all Wednesday's and Thursday's.

"Drew when I came in there they all looked like they were afraid of me like I just killed their puppy." Karen said, "Well that's because you still got it." He said, kissing her on the cheek again.
When next Sunday, came Karen was ready to go. Of course, she still wasn't allowed to drive. Today would be the first time back since she had ran out and she was praying to God that if Deacon Roy was still there that she wouldn't run out.

That she would face him if she had too. But still she didn't want to be close too him. She thought to herself as she got into her husband's car instead of riding with her sisters as they understood that she was reprising her role as the First Lady. Before she got out of the car the kids went inside first since, Drew told them too. "Alright y'all we'll meet you inside I have to talk too your mama." He said and Karen looked at him biting her lip. "Baby it's gonna be fine." He said, "I'll be by your side. I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

Drew told her as he held her hand. "You sure?" Karen asked still a bit nervous about going in considering the last time what happened. "I'm sure. I'll make sure he won't go near you and he's not allowed anywhere near, Kierra or J.Drew. But especially not Kierra. I'll make sure that you're safe in the best way that I know how." Drew promised her. "Okay." Karen shyly smiled and he gave her a kiss on the lips before she deeply inhaled going in.

When they arrived to the church they arrived early since Drew was the Bishop and so he could prepare for today. Once it got closer to service time the whispers started as some people were startled, shocked, and others were happy to see her for those that missed and liked her.
"The First Lady is really back?" As whispers and questions went flying around the church as they saw Karen sitting down with her kids wrapped around her waist especially, J.Drew who was playfully pushing Kierra out of the way.
"I thought I was high AF' last night." One of the teens said as they whispered catching themselves drop the F bomb. "I thought I was seeing a ghost so, you mean to tell me that she ain't dead and I wasn't delirious?"
Another teen said knowing that they were truly in trouble now. "Dang so that wasn't a dream?"
Another girl said as she face palmed herself knowing how strict the First Lady can be when it comes to teens service and the youth choir. "Ughhh we're so screwed." They said, catching themselves again from dropping another F bomb.
And they realized that Kierra really wasn't lying about her mama being back when she would talk to Shamika about not being able to go somewhere because her mom and dad wanted to talk too her referring back to the intervention. But Ki just said it was a family meeting.