The Sessions

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes: Karen takes her last bow at the church.

It was a few weeks after, Karen had gotten out of the hospital and she was now attending her therapy sessions. "And do you think you did it because of the baby or because of what happened of why you tried to...Well not look back?" The therapists asked her trying to get her too open up so she could work through her trauma. And Karen sat there staring at her before she turned her head to look at the wall. "Now, Karen you know we don't do that here. You've been making good progress so far and it's okay to have set backs." Her therapists said. "It's a learning process to make it through." She told her. "But to go even further you have to open up. You have to be honest with yourself you can take small steps." She said choosing her words carefully. And Karen sat there again folding her arms. "Remember when you first came into our therapist sessions and you didn't want to be here because of the stigma? But then, once you got used to coming I just let you cry for every session until you were ready to open up?" She asked her and she had received no response from Karen again.

And Karen just picked the couch with her nails. "Do you feel like you need to go back to step one?" She asked her tilting her head. And Karen seemed to have let out the longest sigh while rolling her eyes planting her hand on her temples. "I don't need to fucking cry." She whispered now upset again and the therapists was shocked at Karen using such a language knowing of her background and what not. "Maybe you should consider going back to church for your next challenge. Hm?" She asked, Karen nodding her head and Karen looked away from her again. "Karen looking away from me isn't going to help you." She said following Karen's eye line. "If you need to take a moment." She said seeing that Karen's eyes were now watery. "I'm sorry." Karen mumbled biting her thumb with her arms folded. "But I can't. I can't do this anymore." She said feeling like nothing was working. And the therapist sat back gently in her chair.

Mrs.Womack thought to herself that maybe it was time that she should prescribe some medicine to her to help with her depression and clinical anxiety. At first the family didn't want her to be on any medication not sure if they trusted her with that after the suicide attempt. But she knew their had to be a balance and that maybe her husband or someone could watch her take the pills without them being overbearing. Getting out of her thoughts she looked back at a Karen who seemed like she was dreading the rest of this therapy session. "Since you stopped going to church have you ever gotten out anywhere else?" Mrs.Womack asked her and Karen looked at her like she was the one who needed help. "Are you seriously asking me that right now?" Karen asked getting afraid. "So, I take that as a no you have not left your house since the attack." She said to her and Karen just looked at her plainly.

Every since, Karen found out that she was impregnated by her attacker. It was like her whole entire world ended from that day forward. Her sisters didn't know about the pregnancy. She couldn't bring herself to tell Jacky when she had walked into the room after all the testing was done and they were there to take her home and her and her sisters shared everything. So she felt guilty about the whole thing which caused her more stress on top of having depression and anxiety. The only one who knew outside of her doctors and nurse was her husband and at first she didn't even want to tell Drew. But she knew she had to because it would've been too much of a burden for her to carry on her own and plus if she hadn't done what she did her stomach would've been showing sooner or later and he would've known that she was pregnant by her attacker and not by him.

Telling him was the hardest thing she ever had to do. But he understood that it wasn't her fault. He was actually willing to raise the baby. But Karen just couldn't bare it and she knew she wouldn't have been able to go through with an abortion. But if she did she knew word would've gotten out regardless and it would've been a whole mess. So she took measures into her own hands and if it would've taken her out she didn't mind because she was tired. Her mindset was always running on "If I die, I die" mentality.