She hates me.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

Karen is trying her best to re-build a bond with Kierra but Kierra isn't receiving of it and mainly, Karen thinks that Kierra hates her and Dorinda is comforting her baby sister. Also y'all can listen to the song whenever.

~

After that whole thing was over and the kids had gone upstairs into their respective rooms everyone tried their best not to look at Karen but they couldn't help it. They knew, Karen all too well to know that she was deeply hurt. Even though they knew, Karen had changed a significant amount when she left they still knew the woman was very sensitive as she was in her childhood. They wasn't sure if they should stay to try too talk some sense into Kierra or what. But they thought that they should probably let the two talk it out since Karen was back and this could've been the start to re-pair their relationship.

Before anyone could say anything to Karen she made up some excuse to go too her room not standing the atmosphere in the living room. She knew her family was worried about her but she just couldn't cry in front of them.

"I'm a go check on, Karen." Dorinda said getting up from the couch because she knew that Karen wasn't okay. When she knocked on the door knob quietly she heard, Karen sniffling and crying quietly to herself with a box of tissue in her lap while a couple of already used tissues in her hand. Karen hadn't even been up here for a good five minutes and she was already in a full blown tears trying to keep them at bay. Not waiting on, Karen to answer, Dorinda came in sitting next to her on her bed. "Ooh, Karen." Dorinda said taking her baby sister in her arms.

"Kierra hates me," Karen cried through her tears and Dorinda came down and sat beside her on her bed. Doe wasn't about to tell her that Ki didn't hate her because that would be lying she thought. But Dorinda wasn't so sure that Kierra hated her with all that has happened. But she did know one thing that Kierra did want Karen back home. So, she wasn't sure what was going on with the girl. But Doe also knew that this was apart of the consequences of leaving even though she knew that Karen didn't mean to hurt her kids especially not Kierra. And they all knew that even before, Karen left Kierra was a mama's girl. She clearly, remembered a time when Kierra couldn't wait to see her mother come home through the doors and when she got the chance to spend days with her and her brother and she would be happy about it.

One particular memory that Karen loved was when, Drew would go to work and Kierra would rush him out the front door shutting the door behind him just so her and her mommy-daughter day could start.

Thinking back to the present, Dorinda just sat there rubbing her sisters back while comforting her as she cried her eyes out. "It's gonna be okay she just needs time to get used to you again." Doe said trying to help. "She-she shouldn't have to get used to me again." Karen said through more tears. She agreed with her sister on that one. But she also, understood, Kierra's side of it. Despite this mishap, Dorinda was proud of her baby sister for not leaving because things are hard or harming herself as she would've been done right after that first accident with Kierra.

"It's Okayy." Dorinda sing song. So, Karen sat there with her sister as she cried her eyes out instead of doing other things that would've not only hurt her but her family as well.

It had been a full week since, Karen had been home and the kids were still taking time to warm back up to Karen. As predicted, J.Drew was warming up more quickly than his sister would and he would surprisingly be the one to help her around the house since, Karen wasn't planning on working on new music anytime soon. On the other hand, Kierra would often leave the house with her dad spending more time with him and he knew it hurt, Karen. But he didn't want to keep forcing Kierra to spend time with Karen if it was gonna do nothing but bring more resentment between them. If anything, Drew was like a referee when it came to both Karen and Kierra especially if auntie Doe wasn't there. But since, Karen has made her return they cut back on coming over letting Karen re-gain authority over her kids even though it was a struggle. When they were their they intervened when needed.