The Surprise

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

Kierra and J.Drew have finally their teen years as they try to grasp the fact that Karen is never coming home or so they think as they had to deal with just having their dad. It's been harder on Kierra than on J.Drew because Kierra really needed, Karen since a parallel kinda happened. Kierra is 16 and J.Drew is 14.

~ Another long chapter.

TW: Flashback of assault.

Once they walked into the house and into the dining room area, Karen stood there trying not to be too awkward around her children. She missed them dearly even when she thought she didn't. She knew it wasn't going to be an easy road in repairing her relationship with them but she just hoped that they wouldn't hate her too much for leaving. When she heard their footsteps come in from the front door she tried to place her hands in front of her but yet again she was awkward. The last time she saw her babies was when Kierra was 7 and J.Drew was 5. Her babies weren't exactly babies anymore but they would always be her babies no matter how much they grew up.

When Kierra came into the kitchen she stopped standing behind the counter looking dead in her mother's face not showing any emotions whatsoever. Karen looked at her and thought to herself that she looked so much like her when she was a teenager and knew she was going to look like her when she became a woman getting out of her thoughts Karen smiled again greeting her kids. "Hi, Ki. J.Drew." Karen said as if she was their mother again and nothing from the last 7 years happened. She said it so calmly as if their names rolled off her tongue finally pulling herself together. She walked up closer thinking about hugging and smothering her kids with kisses as she wanted to so badly. But she held off a bit waiting for their response. She knew they wouldn't be happy to see her but her sisters told her that they would be happy to see her and convinced her to stay downstairs instead of running to her room instead.

When Karen said that Kierra scrunched up her face basically giving her mama the stank face looking back at her dad while J.Drew pursed his lips looking back at his aunties. Both of the teens thought that this was awkward especially since Kierra had just gotten over the fact that their mom might not ever come back home since she hasn't been in there lives since her and J.Drew were kids. But here she was again acting as if everything is okay, Kierra thought to herself getting upset not wanting to think about it anymore and deciding that she didn't want to see her mother after all.

Over the last few years, Kierra have had some sort of anger management issues due to being bullied and things that happened that at the church. She didn't want her mother knowing any of that. Kierra even decided last night that her mother wasn't her mother anymore. Her aunties were more of her mother. Kierra thought to herself that her mom, no this lady came back too late. Of course her mom looked the same and had the same weight on her from when she left and throughout the time that they were growing up but it was just weird seeing her again and Kierra didn't like it. Not one bit. And she couldn't believe the fact that she thought she would be happy seeing her again.

Kierra's POV:

Rolling her eyes and turning her back to her mother, Kierra stormed upstairs to her room slamming her room door making sure everybody heard. She didn't forget that she didn't greet her aunties or say hi to "strangers" in the house as she called her mother. She was having a good day today until her mother- that lady, stranger, whoever she is came back home and now she felt like her day was ruined. She was getting better without her. Kierra thought to herself as she pouted in her room feeling angry tears come on. "Why does she wanna come back now this isn't even her home anymore?" Kierra laid face down crying in her pillow.