Leave it all behind

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sister's.

Notes: Karen can't seem to go on any longer.

TW: Suicide attempt.

It had been a few weeks since, Karen had gotten out of the hospital and she hasn't stepped foot into church since then. It was like her body could not get up for it or every time the word was mentioned even with knowing that the church isn't a building but a body of people to worship she just cringed. She didn't mean to do it but she couldn't help it every since the attack. Every since, Kierra got back home from her auntie Twinkie house she knew something was wrong with her mother. She would ask just about anyone why her mommy wasn't coming to church or was she still sick? If they would have company over and Karen refused to come downstairs. Which was what Drew told there daughter when Karen couldn't seem to spend time with her like she normally would. So, instead, Kierra did what all little kids would do and drew pictures hoping that it would make her mom feel better.

It was a Sunday morning when everyone was at church and Karen was yet again still in bed. She no longer felt like she had any life left inside of her. She felt bad for not being there for her babies especially, Kierra since she was picking up on how Karen was doing. Drew on the other hand stayed at Mama Sheard's house every since, Mama Sheard had came by a few months ago wanting to spend more time with her grandson since she never really got to see him. So, after they found out about what happened to Karen she just offered to keep him longer much like Twinkie did with Kierra. Instead of suffering some more and by herself and dragging everyone with her since she felt like a burden she decided to do something about it tried of having to fake it after the horrid ordeal.

When church was over her sisters went over to check on her since they knew she was going through "depression spells" as the church liked to call it. And they worried about her being alone by herself. Earlier on Jacky had brought up the fact that Karen shouldn't be left alone. But they knew, Karen would hate having to be watched. But it was for her best interest not wanting to get into anymore arguments they did what they thought was best for her and left for church. Usually, Jacky would've been the one to stay behind watching over her since she was the licensed nurse. But this time they decided to listen to Karen to trust her being alone. But the whole entire time they were in church, Jacky didn't feel right about it.

So, when they got back she immediately was the first one to enter into her sister's home while, Drew was still back at the church making sure that everything was in order letting Kierra stay with her daddy. They noticed that the Bishop hadn't mentioned anything about their First Lady being "sick" at church. They thought that maybe he didn't want to bring any attention on them or unwanted speculations. But the church was already whispering wondering where Karen was hiding too? As they put it. When they finally made it upstairs Dorinda was the first one to notice that the bathroom door was cracked open and Karen was missing from her usual spot in the bed every time they would come back home. Nervous about where her sister was she walked into the bathroom slowly opening the door.

"Karen!" Dorinda screamed seeing her sisters lifeless body on her bathroom floor.
"Oh my god oh my god!" She says in pure shock rushing over to her to help her.
"Karenn!" Dorinda says holding her checking for a pulse as she held, Karen in her arms.
"Call an AMBULANCE!" She screamed towards the door hoping that Jacky Twinkie somebody would hear her.
"What's wrong?!!"
Jacky yelled running up the steps seeing their baby sister in Dorinda's arms, "She's not waking up!" She cries through her tears .
"Karen what did you do?!"
Dorinda pleaded with her "Oh Jesus God please help us!" Dorinda begged the Lord as Jacky was quickly walking over to her sisters she spotted an empty pill bottle.
"Oh my goodness" Jacky says shaking
"Dorinda she she." Jacky tries to get out. "What what is it?" Dorinda screeched still trying to do CPR on their baby sister.
"I think she took these" Jacky says picking up the empty pill bottle.
"Karen whyyyy" Dorinda cries out as she continues to do CPR. Just as they were figuring out what happened after Twinkie called the ambulance. Drew had made it home and when he heard the sisters in commotion Drew ran upstairs to see what was going on with his wife after Twinkie just got done calling the ambulance. When he makes it into their bedroom he sees Jacky and Dorinda over Karen and the pill bottle. As they had just switched taking turns doing CPR on her.
"Karen?!!" Drew yells out about to have a whole heart attack over his wife.

And a few seconds later Karen twitches as she starts to cough up spit and blood crawling her way to the toilet getting out of Dorinda's grasp causing the two sisters fall back.
"Karen!" Dorinda and Jacky both cried out as Jacky helped her baby sister get it all out she stuck her two fingers into Karen's throat to make her throw back up the rest of the pills she swallowed.
Upset and mad that they saved her life Karen pushed them away from her.
"Nooo why'd would you do that?!" She screamed she started to look around the room for something else to take too put her out of her misery but her body was too weak.
"No Karen stop!" Dorinda yelled trying to hold onto her and when she couldn't she looked at him and he sprung into action holding his kicking and screaming wife.

Finally after about ten minutes of fighting with Karen the ambulance came and sedated her with a needle. But before they left to go to the hospital one of the paramedics spoke with Drew and the sisters. "Do you want her to be admitted?" He asked him and Drew cocked his head. But then he thought about what happened and looked over to the sisters reaching for Jacky to come over. "They're asking if we want Karen to be admitted." Drew said in almost a hushed voice not believing that this was happening to them. Jacky looked back at the hell their sisters had just gone through and then looked at a knocked out Karen who in a state of depression and shock when she woke back up after bringing her back to life.

Jacky knew she had to be the one to make this decision in order to help their Brother-In-Law out. "Yes." Jacky said not knowing what else to do for her sister. "Staying at home isn't helping her and we can't leave her by herself even if it's only for a couple of hours. She needs professional help." Jacky said. "There's nothing wrong with getting therapy and Jesus." She said with both hands on her hips as she knew there was a stigma in the black community about getting therapy. And then, Drew softly shook his head turning back to the paramedic.

"Okay. We'll admit her." He said, "But if this gets out." Drew started to say. "This whole entire hospital is going to be brought under." He said as they started to push, Karen into the ambulance and they got into their respective cars to follow behind the ambulance.

Notes:

What do y'all think is going on with Karen?🥺

Do y'all think that word is gonna get out and make things worse for Karen?

Will they ever find out who did this to her?

Thanks for reading!