Welcome Home

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes: ~ Use the video for imagery I tried to get one that matched closely to the chapter. Now for the sermon I'm a write it like how they speak it in a COGIC church aight?? Y'all goin' to church today in this chapter😭

Karen catches the holy ghost in church. That's all. I don't think more needs to be said. Y'all ever seen people catch the holy ghost and speak in tongues?? Lowkey that used to traumatize me as a child lol like it would be really bad. 😭💀😭

It had been a few weeks since, Karen finally revealed to Faith that she was the little girl's mother. As said, Karen did speak with Jacky about letting Faith stay over those few weeks, Faith had been really attached to her birth mother. In church whenever, Karen would sit in the pews instead of up on the stage next to Drew, Karen would have Faith to sit on her lap while Kierra and J.Drew would sit on each side of their mom. Let's just say that Faith was a happy camper every time she got to sit next to her mother in church.

Other times she would still mostly, sit next to her Aunty Jacky and her cousins since she was still staying with her. Even though, Karen was doing well with being more open to Faith and showing her the love and affection that she needed she still had to take things slow.

Karen was still on her medication so, it wasn't like she completely stopped going to her therapist office since they had a pharmacy on the inside. So far, Karen hadn't needed to call her since that very last time she had a panic attack.

Even though the church members knew that Faith was Karen's daughter after, Karen beat up, Tammy they were still shocked to see Faith actually be with Karen remembering how she first acted towards the little girl but that was understandable.

It was a Sunday afternoon when the Bishop had announced that his wife with his sister-in-laws and the brother-in-laws were going to take a week long vacation or two so, the church would have another substitute, Bishop for when he left. "My family and I, my sugarplum and the sisters are going on a much needed week long vacation this week." The Bishop said, " Can I get an amen?!" He hollered and the church responded back to him, "Amen" as he started to preach the sermon.

"It has been a long time coming since my wife has now been home for almost a year now. A lot of things have changed but what remained the same is the love that we have for each other." He said and the church said, "Go on now!" A few of the members said.
"Satan has tried to attack my family but God would not allow it to go any further than what we could bare." The Bishop said. "I praise, God every day for the safe return of my wife."

He said, "People say that distance makes the heart grows fonder but during those 5-6 years from being away from my wife my heart grew weaker." He preached on. "Because when she had to go my heart went right with her." He said, "I've told her this before but I'm a let the church know." He said, "She is the music to my heart, the music to my ears and when she left there was none and there were no tunes to be played." He went on and the church said, "Amen, Amen!"

"And during those years, I was determined to bring my wife home even if that meant I had to bring her home kickin' and screamin' I would do it because that's my wife and no one is gong to mistreat her not even me. She could kick, scream, fight do whateva I would not lay my hands-not a finger on her." He said and the husbands could hear the women give a strong "mmhmm!" They said clapping their hands in response. "I'm a say it." He said, "I'll beat up a nigga ova my wife let me find out." He said gettin' kinda buck and the people clapped. "That's alright!" Some of them said.

"Because what God has bestowed upon me is a treasure that I must keep safe and protected at all times." He said going straight into the word and then into a testimony.