Forgiveness in question

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

The sisters try to come to an understanding of what's been happening with Karen. This is mainly from Dorinda's P.O.V and more truth has been told about what's been happening between Dorinda and Karen as in why Dorinda has been so mean to Karen lately.

~ Long somewhat sad chapter ahead.

~ Idk I thought the song fit. You can play it anytime!

TW: Mentions of child abuse.

At church, Dorinda is still being a little iffy towards, Karen. But Karen didn't really care since, Drew took very good care of her. Dorinda saw how once again her baby sister could barely walk as she held onto Drew's hand while they were walking into the church. Even her kids knew their parents were doing something the previous night which was why they both decided to go too bed early sleeping with their music on in their room hoping that they wouldn't hear much or at least the music would drown out the sounds. But when they saw their mother the next morning being "happy" again they saw how funny she was walking which was wobbly one moment and then the next she instantly had to sit down.

It was Dorinda's turn to perform at GEI and since she did she performed a song that was heavy on her heart after she was done performing she went back to her seat to listen to the rest of the word that her Brother-In-Law preached. Dorinda tried her best not to be so mad at Karen since none of this was hurt fault. But she just couldn't help it. She was upset and she felt like their sisterhood was changing as Karen got older and that's what she was really mad at.

Tammy sensed the feud between Dorinda and Karen and tries to intervene using the child that she has so, she can get closer to Dorinda. But Dorinda still ain't fooling with Tammy just because she's upset with her sister that doesn't mean she's about to let anyone of her sisters enemies come in between them and put more strain on their relationship. Now, that would just be foolish. Dorinda knows better than to do that. But when Tammy asked for prayer for the little girl, Dorinda knew she couldn't deny her since she had the child with her. So, instead of praying with Tammy as Tammy thought she was gonna try to do to make Karen jealous. Dorinda knelt down to the child's hand and started praying with her after, Tammy told her to close her eyes because clearly the little girl didn't know what to do since, Tammy never really thought the child how to pray and Dorinda sensed this.

"Do you know how to pray the Lord's prayer?" Dorinda asked her smiling a bit trying to make the child feel more comfortable but she backed away and looked up at Tammy. "She does she's just shy." Tammy said as she slightly, eyed the girl but Dorinda caught her. "No, let her speak for herself." Dorinda said and she saw the child sucking her thumb. "Do you know it?" Dorinda asked and you could feel, Tammy growing tense. "You're not in trouble if you don't know it." Dorinda told her and so, the child shook her head no. "No one ever taught you?" Dorinda asked again and the child looked down but Dorinda knew that was a no too and looked back up at Tammy pursing her lips. "Mmhmm." Dorinda said, "Let me just spend some time with her and I'll teach it to her since obviously you did not." Dorinda said with her hands on her hips.

"Come on." Dorinda said taking the child to another part of the room in the Bishop's office and she placed the girl on her lap and started teaching her. Outside the door were bystanders who listened in. "I thought that child would've known the Lord's prayer by now." One of the mother's in the church said as she looked at Tammy a bit funny. "Well you know, Kid's just forget but I did teach her." Tammy said lying in the House of the Lord. "Awee she looks so cute with her." Another mother said, "That child is just so adorable." She cooed again. "We can't get over that her mama must have good looks or sumthin.'" One of the members said, "even though she left her for dead and abandoned her at least she gave her that to work with." One of the members said as they left. While Dorinda was teaching her the Lord's Prayer she realized that the young girl reminded her of Karen a lot when she was younger.