The Birthday Girl

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.
Notes:

Jacky has Faith's 6 birthday party at her house and as the minutes pass there's not a Karen in sight as she had just talked to Drew about her over the phone ten minutes ago.

Looking outside her window, Jacky watched as the time passed by as she waited for her baby sister to show up. She was supposed to be here when the party first started so, she could actually meet her daughter before their nosy family members came. Time went on as guests came and left. Those that stayed were their cousins to meet Faith since they didn't have the chance to meet her when she was first born after, Karen had ran. They introduced themselves to the little girl saying that they were "Her family" being sure not to mention that Karen was her mother since, the child still didn't know who Karen exactly was too her. Jacky just hoped that today Karen would tell her and not withhold that information because she was getting to that age to where she would start asking 'Who's her mother?' Of course, Faith knew she was adopted and wondered if her actual mother was nicer than Big Mouth Tammy but she never asked the lady after, Tammy would yell at her "that she should be lucky that someone like her adopted her" adopted in a middle of an argument making Faith burst out in tears.

Jacky thought to herself that her baby sister should've been here by now as she went into the kitchen where the rest of her sisters were about 30 minutes later, Drew pulled up with the kids in the car. Karen waited until her kids were outside the car and on her oldest sister's front porch. "Karen." Drew called her. "Girl go inside." He said, "You not comin' in with me?" Karen asked in her raspy voice looking at her husband in shock. "I'll come with you but I'm not stayin'. You can handle it." He said having faith in his wife and Karen cut her eyes at him pursing her lips. "I'll go inside for a second but I'm not sittin' down he said and the kids can call me for me to come get them." Drew said making himself a bit too specific. "And what about me your wife?"

Karen asked as she looked at him again and Drew smirked. "One of your sisters will take you home they want to talk to you after everyone is gone." Drew said, "If you would've came here earlier and stop stallin' maybe I would've stayed longer and left right after you were done doing whatever they wanted to talk to you about." Drew said looking at his wife. "Karen it'll be fine." Drew said trying to encourage her and Karen unbuckled her seat belt mumbling to herself, "Let me get this over with." She said getting out of the car as her and Drew walked up to the front door.

When she opened up the door to the inside of her sister's house since people were coming in and out of it she saw all her nieces and nephews talking together with Kierra and J.Drew along with the little ones running around and playing with Faith.

"Hey, Auntie Karen" she heard her nieces and nephews say from afar and she smiled waving hi to them going straight to the kitchen to find her sisters. She sat down at the table as people came to greet her. "Look who finally decided to show up." Dorinda said smiling. "Come on give me a hug." Doe said. "Thanks for coming sis." Jacky while, Twinkie hugged her as well proud of her for coming even though she was late they talked to Drew for a little bit before he left to go back home because he knew his wife would try everything in her power to leave just as soon as they stepped foot in her sisters house.

"Faith has been wanting to meet you." Jacky said as she sat down next to Karen and Jacky saw how wide her baby sisters eyes got.
"I'm a go get her." Jacky said getting up quickly from the table so Karen couldn't stop her. But Karen still tried to stop her from getting child as she pulled on Jacky's arm to stop her. "Jacky stop!" Karen said and Jacky gently pulled her arm back poppin' her baby sisters hands. "Ouch." Karen said letting go of her sisters hand. "Ouch is right. Karen stop she needs to know that you at least came." Jacky said with both her hands on her hips and Karen threw her head back not knowing what to do. She was thankful that the other adults in the party had either went out back or went into the living room so it was just the sisters who were in the kitchen.