Karen and Kierra P1

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:
Karen tries to talk to Kierra but she's still isn't talkin' to her after that fallin' out they had.

Kierra was just giving been giving her mom the silent treatment after the first couple of weeks she's been home because of the argument and her finding out.

Karen sat on her couch exhausted from trying to get Kierra too talk too her. She tried everything in her power to get Kierra to open up her door. She wanted to prove to herself and her sisters that she didn't need to go too the extremes of taking down the doorknob like Dorinda would do. But she has thought about it a couple of times because she does remember the Drew talking to her sisters and Mama Sheard about locking the door in the house. Before Karen's accident happened their was no such rule in the house since Kierra's little mind wasn't even on such a thing called, "Privacy." So, they didn't have to worry about anything. But every since Karen's suicide attempt and when she left and when they found out that Kierra harmed herself he decided to just change all the door knobs in the house and Karen was thinking they should probably go back to that just for their own safety.

Upon coming out of her room, Kierra saw that her mother was downstairs sitting on the couch with the bible in her hand. Kierra looked at her mother and saw that she was reading and would sometimes zone out but go back to what she was doing. Kierra just rolled her eyes walked into the kitchen without saying anything and getting her a snack. When Karen heard her daughter's footsteps she sighed turning her head towards where her daughter was going to get her daily snack for today. Karen thought this was the perfect time to try too her again. "Ki you wanna read scripture with me?" Karen asked trying to sound like she wasn't nervous as all out doors. But surprisingly she played it off this time. And Kierra came back out of the dining room with a bag of chips in her hand a can of soda. She scrunched her face up only a little bit remembering what her auntie told her once before, before fixing it. No. She shook her head.

"I made something to eat earlier do you want some?" Karen asked knowing that Kierra only and breakfast and it was close to evening time and they had dinner without their dad tonight. Karen watched how, Ki barely ate her cooking and Karen was hurt. Before she had left, Kierra would've been in the kitchen with her instead of J.Drew as he would be in his play pin trying to break out. Karen knew, Kierra loved her cooking so she wasn't sure if she really wasn't hungry, if Ki was trying to hurt her feelings even more by not eating her food, or if something else was going on. Because Karen knew the sisters told her that she would eat their food and they basically had to force her eat Drew's cooking. But that's because Drew didn't have much of a talent for cooking and the aunties had to save the day on more than one occasion.

After Karen thought about all the different possibilities of why Kierra could be ignoring her she wore herself out with her own self. So, she went back to reading the bible and praying to God hoping that something would help her. She even took a nap for a little while hoping that, that would clear her mind but it did nothing but gave her nightmares about finding Kierra in a way that she never wanted to see her daughter in not even in her dreams did she ever want to see that. Jumping up from her dream and nearly dropping the bible, Karen put everything on the couch got up, got her coat, purse, and keys and stepped out of the house. There was already an automatic rule that the oldest was in charge of the house so, she had no doubt in her mind that Kierra would've took over as she headed out the door.

Getting into her car, Karen had no idea on what she was doing her mind just wasn't there. All she could think about was that damn nightmare and how she should've stayed gone because if she didn't come back home, Kierra probably would've never started cutting herself. Hell she didn't even ask when she started. All Karen believed was that Ki started after she left and it broke her heart even more as she was driving. At first, Karen thought to herself she would just clear her head to go out for a drive and just look at the scenery in Detroit to clear her head. But then she thinks about the extra pair of clothes in the truck of her that she kept in her car just in case if the ones that she was wearing now would get messed up. She knew her suitcase wasn't with her so, it wasn't like she was running she thought to herself as she kept driving to God knows where.