Who's at the door?

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes: Y'all it's happening it's about time! The sisters are faced with a great surprise. 😩

The next few couple of months came and Karen sold her condo in New York. She thought she was going to be there for a long time which was why she bought it. But every since seeing her husband and hearing more of God and actually listening to Him she knew what she needed to do. It was the start of a new month and she was standing outside her door. It was 10pm at night and she knew the kids were asleep. Karen considered knocking on the door but she didn't want too. Just one more day. She thought to herself as she walked away and got back in her car leaving to go too her hotel room.

It was the next day, and her family was all at church or so she thought. It was late in the evening when she finally decided to come back home. She didn't see their car parked anywhere and it was wasn't in the garage. Sighing in relief she took out the copy of her key that she still had always having it with her and seeing if Drew changed the locks much to her surprise he didn't. So, when the door cracked open she let out a small gasp behind her she grabbed onto her suitcase and dragged it in. And when she came inside it was like a huge wave of nostalgic feeling overtook her.

But what she didn't realize was that her sisters were in the living room watching a movie while they were all sitting on the floor. Once they heard the door close knowing that Drew was upstairs preparing for next week's sermon after getting off from a church meeting they looked back to see who it was with their eyes wide. "Karen?" Dorinda said as she peeked from behind the couch getting up and the other sisters did the same shocked as well and Karen turned around after looking in the kitchen and the dining room area seeing how it was a bit messy. But it wasn't too bad. It was decent. But the look on Karen's face when she turned around after seeing her sister's faces was a schooled look. They knew she was in shock but refused to show it. "Karen look at you." Dorinda said still saw her baby sister with the same weight back in 1995 but her style was very different. It was more, more "secular" and Karen nervously placed her hand on top of her wrist letting go of her suitcase.

"Karen?!"Jacky said coming up to her. But Dorinda got into the way hugging her first and Jacky shook it off letting her have that placing a hand on her hip. "Baby sisterrrr." Dorinda said squeezing her so tightly that Karen had no choice but to drop her cold act not knowing how they would receive her and she just surprisingly automatically hugged her back. And Jacky and Twinkie got into the group hug. "Don't you do that no mo'." Dorinda said kissing Karen on the cheek and they all started crying. And Jacky placed a protective hand on the side of Karen's head and Twinkie started praying when she did that they all joined in on the prayer. Once she was done praying Karen got all emotional making the sisters even more emotional.
"I'm-s-sorry." Karen said through her tears hugging her sisters back as much as could. "Don't worry about it." Doe said, "You had me beatin' up bitc-I mean bimbos over you and I'll do it again too" Dorinda said through happy tears.

"I promise I won't leave again." Karen said still crying with a little bit of laughter breaking through because she knew Dorinda was telling the truth about fightin' as they went back to tears of joy not wanting to let Karen go. But Dorinda had to give the other sisters a chance to hug her welcoming her back home after 7 years of not seeing her in person. Upstairs Drew was busy doing his sermon until he heard commotion coming from downstairs tearing him away from his work. That movie can't be that excitin' he thought to himself as he made his way downstairs the sisters heard his footsteps and they let go hiding behind her. Before he could even ask what was going on they all looked awkwardly at him until he saw a suitcase and he knew that suitcase and his eyes widened slowly coming down the last three steps.

He stopped at the bottom of the stairs as the sisters looked at him wiping their tears moving away to a different Karen. It was like silence was in the room. Of course the tv was still on but it was as if everyone had drowned it out especially since it wasn't turned up that loud to begin with. "Karen?" Drew said with his jaw nearly dropping. But instead his mouth just parted. "Karen." He said again not knowing what else to do. It wasn't like he didn't see her in the last couple of months. Well, he didn't. He only saw her once in New York after getting a backstage pass. But he didn't talk to her or anything since she had ran from him then so they just stared at each other like they're doing now.