The Hard Truth P2.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

Karen finally finds out what happened to Kierra when she was gone after she discovered her daughter's own secret that everyone has been keeping from her. And she was livid that no one told her but she has since calmed down or so she thought.

This chapter explains why Karen and Kierra was yelling at each other so much during the last one.

TW: Mentions of self-harm: cutting.

"Drew I messed her up. I messed both of our kids up and I didn't even have to be here to do that." Karen said as she put her hand over her face feeling more tears coming on. "You didn't mess her or him up." Drew said trying to comfort his wife. "She was hurting and took matters into her own hands not realizing that wasn't the healthy way to go." Drew said, "And why didn't no one tell me that was happening?" Karen asked upset as she squinted her eyes at him and Drew couldn't find the right words to say it. "We didn't know how to tell you." Drew said leaving the other part out where he thought something was off when Karen came back home hoping that Kierra didn't start again. When he checked he didn't find anything but he must've thought she hid it very well. "That's not an answer." Karen said not accepting that as a legit answer. Drew was just as stumped as she was but the thing was that Kierra had promised to not do that again after the first accident had happened. And he couldn't believe that Kierra had broken her promise when she was doing so well.
Plus, the plan was to tell Karen but only when she was healthy enough to take it and the sisters and Mama Sheard was going to be there with him for moral support.
"God I'm so dumb why didn't I see it?" Karen said frustrated with herself as she looked at her hands. "Sweetie you're not dumb you were just healing from..." Drew started to say, "From my trauma I know I know." Karen said finishing it off getting annoyed at the fact that everyone kept bringing it up.
"Did-did J.Drew know?" Karen asked now worrying about her son hoping that the both of her kids didn't do that. "Well yeah." Drew said trying to find out how to tell his wife everything on his own. And Karen's eyes widened. "Why didn't he let me know?" Karen asked still not completely in her right mind. "Karen, J.Drew is still a child himself and that really wasn't his place to tell you it was either ours." Drew said referring to him, the sisters, or Mama Sheard or Kierra's" he said. "But if something was happening with J.Drew I would want Kierra to tell me." Karen said not knowing what else to do. "Baby look whatever it is, it is not your fault that any of this happened."
Drew said trying to reassure her but Karen felt that deep down inside it was her fault that this happened. "No, Drew if I never would've left or let that man scare me off our kids probably would've fine especially Kierra." Karen cried. "Kierra thinks nothing of me anymore." Karen said, and Drew held her hand. "Honey, our daughter thinks the world of you. She just doesn't know how to express her feelings after everything that's happened and all the bullying that's been going on." Drew said letting another cat out the bag. "Who's been bullying my baby?!" Karen asked now upset. "Just some church and school kids it's mainly about her weight and how dark she is." Drew said mad at them darn kids.
"Not my baby." Karen said getting ready to flip the covers over. "Karen you not finna go in there and wake her up." Drew said stopping her knowing how Kierra can be when she's worried about Kierra.
But then, Karen stopped and listened to her husband realizing that he was right. Kierra already wasn't really talking to her about anything and waking her up to try too talk again was probably gonna make things worse.
"But how did J.Drew find out?" Karen asked after she dragged her self back to bed laying on her husbands chest. "He was being a nosy little brother is how." Drew said as he massaged his wife's back. "He didn't see anything did he?" Karen asked worried thinking that J.Drew was far to young too be seeing something like that. "Well he didn't see it in action." He said, "but when we got her help he once asked if Kierra was sick like their mom" was when he was a bit older the first time it happened. "So, basically our kids ask the same exact questions." Drew said remembering when Kierra asked the same thing about her mom. But that's because the church called having a mental disease or a mental health crisis a sickness that came from the devil which their family thought was insensitive thing to say. But they didn't care which was why Drew tried to protect, Karen in the best way he knew how.
But he barely remembers that even though everybody else does and even tho he's annoying little brother he cares about her.
And so, Karen laid her head down thinking about everything and it was giving her a migraine as she laid across, Drew.
"One of my babies hate me and the other one don't even remember me." Karen mumbled upset. "It's gonna be okay." Drew said trying to comfort her.
"And who even called my sisters over?" Karen asked confused as to why they were even there. "J.Drew did honey. He didn't know if y'all were ever gonna stop arguing I've heard it was that bad to the point where, Dorinda started laughing I mean she did laugh when I was there when I came back. It looked like she was ready to beat the both of y'all." Drew said.
"Beat who?!" Karen asked tilting her head and arching her eyebrow. "Both you and Kierra who else?" Drew asked her. "Y'all workin that woman's last nerve." Drew said. And Karen sighed. "I know but Kierra is just..." Karen started to say but couldn't find the words to say what she wanted to say. "Is just like you in every way shape and form." Drew said finishing it off. "And Karen cut her eyes at him."
When they finished their mini conversation and went to bed, Karen still had a million and one questions running through her mind but she tried to wait until tomorrow to ask them instead of overthinking or doing something impulsive.
When tomorrow came her sisters were back over her house once again to see if any damage was done. But everything seemed to be as fine it could be with Kierra still in her room not coming out and ignoring them.
And her sisters wanting to know why the hell was Karen giving them a look that said, 'Somebody's butt gonna get whooped when they thought her child needed it.'