Saving Karen

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

Drew talks to Karen about what happened with her while she was driving and Karen does something that scares Drew and she doesn't realizes it. So, he re-enrolls her back in therapy.

TW: Karen's impulsivity kicks in.

It was now only, Karen and Drew downstairs as she was nervously staring at her husband trying to keep her hands from shaking as she put them behind her back. "Really, Karen?" Drew asked her upset that his wife would even try to leave again. "Do you know that this is why, Kierra is too afraid to even try too form a bond with you again?" Drew asked her and she looked down at her feet as she was ashamed for breaking her promise. "Drew please, I already feel bad enough." She said in a low voice. "Did you even think what that would do to our son?" He asked her and Karen shook her head yes. "So, you just went on ahead and did it anyways?" Drew asked her. "J.Drew is just now getting to know you and Kierra is struggling to come back to you." Drew said, "Some things have happened to Kierra while you were away because of you leaving. But you have to face that. You can't keep running." Drew told her.

"But Drew I-I couldn't help it one minute I was just honestly just thinking about going for a short drive to clear my mind and then the next I'm in a whole different city. It's-it's like my mind just blanked out and I didn't care about anything or anyone until it was too late. And I panicked on the way back after I realized what happened before anyone called. I didn't even think Kierra would even try to call me." Karen said admitting it. "I had talked to her earlier for a little bit but she's still giving me the silent treatment I mean she wasn't as bad as before but it still hurt that she won't even talk too me and I don't know how to break through to her. I never gave my mama the silent treatment she would've beat me into next week if I did regardless of what happened." Karen told him.

"Karen." Drew told her plainly looking at his wife. "What did Dorinda tell you do?" He asked her tilting his head looking directly into her eyes as she tried to look away. "Karen." He called her again. "Um, put the fear of God into her." She mumbled. "I'm sorry, excuse me?" He asked, putting his hand behind his ear and Karen huffed. "Put the fear of God into her." She said a bit louder. "Mmhm. I don't know why y'all are so stubborn." He said, "The bond is still there between y'all but it's a weak bond." He said. "But y'all can fix it. Y'all just gotta stop being stubborn because this is going on for too long and I know the both of y'all don't mean to keep on hurting each other but y'all do and it just gotta stop. Karen you are her mother stop letting her run you. Now, I'm doing my part as a father. But you gotta reprise your role as her mother and not act like your stranger who's afraid of her because that's the only way she's gonna come back to you." Drew said, nodded her head.

"So, here's the deal he said, I'm a intervene one time between the two of y'all. Y'all both are going to sit down and talk this thing out. Now, you don't have to exactly tell her all of what's happened yet until you feel comfortable enough to do so, but you gotta tell her something because she still thinks you left because of her. That letter could only do so much." Drew said, and Karen nodded her head again listening to her husband. "And also, I am taking your car keys and I'm changing the locks on the door because Dorinda was right, I don't trust the you or Kierra with locks on nor you with your keys because I think something else is going on especially since you keep on either blacking out or blanking out and just doing things on a whim that has everyone worried and these arguments that y'all have are insane. I hate to say it but it's terrible." He said, as he took her keys. "Drew how I'm supposed to go too places?"

"Karen you're not going anywhere un-supervised and I'm doing this because the whole family cares about you and your safety." Drew said, "And you are going back to your therapy sessions with Dr.Womack!" Drew said putting his foot down firmly but gently. But Karen still got upset. "I'm not a child!" She told him seeing her take her keys away did something and he looked at her spiraling as he sensed an argument coming on. "Karen, what if something happens to one of the kids and we can't get into contact with you or me because you did something impulsive, huh and I'm working?" He asked her. And she placed both of her hands on her hips. "You had a panic attack while driving and nearly, hyperventilated just now." He said and Karen got even madder. "I DID NOT JUST HYPERVENTILATE." She hollered at him.