I slipped

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

Karen has a minor setback in church after taking her medicine late but Dorinda catches it after they've been watching her more closely since going to one of her therapy sessions.

Karen felt her mind going elsewhere as she watched, Deacon Roy maze through the meeting place in the fellowship hall as she was sitting down. Today was supposed to be a celebration of the start of Easter. But Karen wasn't feeling the Easter spirit. Yes, she prayed. Yes, she talked to God. Yes, she knew the whole story and even helped her husband prepare his sermon. But still her mind couldn't get over the fact that Deacon Roy was still in the dang church and all because the board loved him. The Bishop tried everything in his power to get him out but he was still over ruled. Drew didn't want Karen to feel pressured to tell what happened. But she disliked the board for turning a blind eye to the fact that Deacon Roy was hurting her in the church and even then before she left a few of the board members saw it but did nothing to stop him.

Karen continued to watch Deacon Roy as she waited for them to bring out the cake so, she could cut it. Outside in the church parking lot were the rest of her sisters as they were just chatting together. "Does Karen seem off to y'all a bit?" Dorinda asked worried about her baby sister who seemed to have zoned out a bit upon her arrival back to church. "I mean, I think she might be a little overwhelmed that she's back this is only her 4th Sunday back." Jacky said, shrugging a bit as she thought about it too. "Well, Drew said she was doing well with her therapy sessions after we left. I don't think we have much to worry about hopefully." Twinkie said, knowing that sometimes her sister could have minor set backs. "mmh yeah." Doe said, thinking but then she leaned into her car. "Ohhh, shoot." Dorinda said, "Did Karen take her second dose of medicine today?" Dorinda asked her and none of the sisters knew since they had started to trust, Karen to take her own medicine and she has been doing good for a while now. So, they all looked at each other worriedly as they knew about how Deacon Roy would not leave her alone in church.

"Let me go get her medicine." Dorinda said as she opened up her car door rushing to get it and go back on the inside. When she got Karen's medicine out of her car her sisters were finally walking back inside. When they saw karen walking inside they saw that she had moved and the knife was gone. "Where did she go?" Dorinda asked about to panic and Jacky tapped, Dorinda on her shoulder as Karen was walking closer to someone but she didn't know who. When they spotted their sister, Dorinda speed walked over to Karen missing the butcher knife in her hand since she was hiding it below her back pointing it downwards and a crowd of people started to come up behind her to talk too her unknowingly, thinking nothing of the knife since their was cake to be cut.

But when Dorinda saw that Karen was only a few feet away from watching her slowly take the knife out from behind her nearly, cutting herself as she turned, Karen around.

"Karen!" Dorinda said scaring the daylights out of her baby sister. "Come back around here." Dorinda said taking her back to where she was sitting before. "Why, I was just waiting for the cake?" Karen asked confused once more. "mmhm." Dorinda said knowing she ain't take her medicine. "Come on, did you take your medicine?" Dorinda whispered to her as she showed her the bag and Karen rolled her eyes at her sister. "Have you been forgetting to take them?" Dorinda asked her worried as Twinkie and Jacky came back around them. "No, Doe I just slipped up this once." Karen said telling the truth. "One too many times." Doe mumbled. "Take your medicine now before you forget." Dorinda said watching her as she folded up her arms and Karen went into the kitchen to take it knowing that no one was back there.

"Y'all we gotta go back to making sure she takes her medicine." Dorinda said, "I thought she was about to kill someone." Dorinda said, "Doe that mind of yours." Jacky said not believing her. "No, I watched her walk up y'all didn't see how she was carrying that butcher knife in her hand?" Dorinda asked them and both, Jacky and Twinkie sighed knowing that Dorinda was right. "Fine we'll go back to making sure. I'm sure, Drew watches her. But we'll just let him know to get back on board." Jacky told them and they nodded their heads.