A woman scorned P1.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters...

Notes: Karen prepares herself for the court date that's set against Deacon Roy.

After months of fighting with the board about getting rid of Deacon Roy, Karen finally had enough and made her decision to take it too court. The board shut down her every concern and every complaint about the man. Hell she even got so mad at one point to where she showed them the bruises that he had left on her body in real time and with pictures and they still did no such thing still blaming her husband for such doings which annoyed her to no end. Of course, the second time when, Deacon Roy tried to attack her again inside of the fellowship hall she had latched out at her husband when going home but that's because all of the pressure was starting to get to her again now that she had made her return home and all the rumors were starting back up to how, he wasn't really with her because he loved her.

He was only with her for the money or the fame that the gospel industry provided. She even heard rumors saying that she should've just went ahead and married someone else within that same industry. She also, heard other church members saying that she wasn't much to look at but yet, Faith was beautiful and so her mother must have good looks unlike someone they knew. But little did they know that the First Lady was Faith's mother. The hypocrisy of it all annoyed her to no end but she knew she couldn't let it get to her and it was nothing but jealously.

Hell they even tried to get the security footage from their own church but it was difficult trying to schedule a meeting with the head security officer to get the footage pulled. So, she knew what had to be done when they were denied that service with Drew being the presiding Bishop. So, that was the last straw and that's what finally made her take them and Deacon Roy to church. Of course, the members of the board were Deacon Roy's witnesses which was foolish because the majority of them didn't even pay attention or wasn't there for the actual church service before or after so, it hurt her to the core to have to do this to her own church but they had left her no choice.

But once, Karen had made that decision to file a lawsuit and to press charges against, Deacon Roy she was nervous. She knew that the news would probably be publicize her case because of her stature but she also felt like she had to do this because the harassment had to stop and also, the church needed to be taught a lesson. So, while Karen and Drew was being preparing for court over the next couple of months her sisters were still busy cooking up the plan that was supposed to avenge her but she couldn't wait any longer after, Karen had called them to tell them that the case was going to the courts.

It seemed that the court date had came quicker than the date for the revenge as Karen was now standing in front of her mirror straightening her outfit for today.

Karen sighed to herself thinking of all the hell that her family has been through because of what Deacon Roy did to her that man has ruined damn near a decade of her life. But now at least something...hopefully something was going to be done about it. Karen thought to herself as she straightened up her black blazer and her black skirt to get ready to go. When the news first became known her case was highly publicized as she was afraid of. She wasn't sure if she would be able to pull through today if the cameras were at the court case but she knew she had to do this. "Karen you ready to go?"

Drew asked as he was all dressed up for court, Karen turned around to look at her husband and he could tell that she was nervous. But willing to get through this. "Yeah." Karen said sighing again nervously. Drew came up behind her hugging her from the back. "You're gonna be okay. You're gonna do great." Drew said as he kissed her on the cheek. "Let's go." Karen said taking her husband's hand leading them out of there house and to the court house. Now, even though Kierra and J.Drew had learned of the attacked from their mother which was a very tearful one when she basically had to come clean with the truth to them. She still didn't want them to be in session for the court case even though they were now old enough to do so, she thought it was just going to be too hard for them. So, instead of taking them or having them to stay home so, they could sneak and watch it on tv. Mama Sheard was going to watch them for the day until it was over.