Faith's Mother

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes:

The sisters bring someone along with them to Karen's house as they talk about what's next.

~ We're gonna pretend that this picture of Kierra is Faith but wearing regular kid clothes in this chapter. Work with me use y'alls imagination lol. It's up there y'all just have to click on the next slide if it's not let me know. 😫

~I'm sorry but I had to do it. I had to use this song from the Rugrats (IYKYK ) but I got full song. I'll tell y'all when to play the song for the full effect. 🥲

TW: Idk if this chapter gonna be emotional for y'all or not but if it is...y'all been warned. 🌚

It had been a few of months after the court case was held and Karen decided to split the money between her sisters and Tamela since they were the ones taking care of Faith. She even put some money in for in a trust fund, Faith for when she got older. She had did the same for Kierra and J.Drew when they were younger before she left so, why not do the same for Faith? It was the right thing to do if she couldn't physically be there for her daughter all the time at least she would be set later on in life and know that she did at least care.

A couple of weeks after the verdict, Karen finally decided to take the DNA test for her daughter so, she can finally get nagging doubt out of her mind that her anxiety played on her. Before Karen had even took the DNA test she was nervous to find out if she had the wrong child all along. But she knew that was just her anxiety messing with her as she had always felt that 'weird connection' with Faith every since she first saw her at GEI with Tammy.

It was the next week when the sisters thought it was time that Karen should at least spent some time alone with her child to get to know her. She didn't need to tell her that Faith was her mother right then and there but avoiding Faith at all costs was getting out of hand and they knew, Karen wanted to get to know her too but they weren't being told what the issue was since, Karen only talked about it with her therapist especially after having that panic attack. So, when the sisters finally came over to Karen's house with Faith they came over at a time to where, Karen usually would take a nap but she had been restless just walking around the house when J.Drew were over at his friends house and Kierra was with Walton and Shamika. So, Karen was left alone until she heard her doorbell ring.

Going to answer it she made sure was presentable enough as she had on jeans, a plain t-shirt, and socks on nothing out the ordinary. "What are y'all doing here?" Karen asked after seeing her sisters through her peephole not realizing that they had Faith with them. "Oh, is that how you greet us?" Dorinda said coming into her sister's home anyways as she playfully smiled. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little tired." Karen said still not being able to catch a break. But upon coming in she noticed that Jacky had Faith as she holding her hand. "Heyyy baby sis." Jacky said smiling at her and Faith waved and said, "Hi" to the pretty lady to what she called her.

Walking further inside her sister's home, the sisters just made their way over to the living room sitting on the couch as Karen tried not to eye them for bringing Faith. "So..." Karen said awkwardly not knowing why her sisters came over. "We just wanted to chat." Dorinda said smiling back at her and they knew, Karen definitely was not in the mood to chat after seeing Faith. But Karen couldn't kick them out especially not in front of Faith no matter how bad she wanted too. But sitting down anyways she slowly made her way over there sending daggers to her sisters as Faith just kept her eyes on the tv not interested in what her aunties had to say as she was like any other six year old.

After getting over the hurdle of the awkwardness of having her sisters show up with Faith, Karen started to warm up to them again as she normally would. But she had yet to warm up to Faith as she was kind of uninviting to the child. But that didn't matter at the moment because Faith stayed underneath her auntie Jacky and Dorinda after she got tired of sitting on the floor. During the conversation the sisters made a suggestion to take a walk around, Karen's neighborhood. Now, Karen knew her sisters knew her neighborhood from the back of their hand. So, why would they suggest that she didn't know but she had a good idea of what they were trying to do. "Faith you wanna come with us for a walk?" Twinkie asked her niece and Faith politely, said no. "Well, we're gonna go on a walk okay we'll be back." Twinkie said getting up from the couch as the sisters followed behind.