Get thee behind me Satan

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

It was a Wednesday afternoon when the Bishop and First Lady was setting up to have their bible study. All the Deacons were there earlier today to help put out the tables they would be meeting in the fellowship hall for tonight's Bible Study. It had only been a few days since, Karen and the Bishop talked about Deacon Roy. They haven't said much about him since then since they didn't have to see him that often. But the Bishop kept what they talked about in his office in the back of their mind. While at Bible Study, Karen had placed, Kierra in children's center so the adults could set up without having to worry about her. As they were setting up, the Bishop saw how Deacon Roy kept trying to talk to his First Lady.

He watched how "friendly" Deacon Roy was being with her and how awkwardly his wife would smile and laugh at whatever joke he was trying to tell. But the Bishop knew, Karen was keeping it together with just a "nod and smile." Karen was doing a wonderful job by herself with setting up everything while the rest of the men were helping to set up the other area. Thus this made, Bishop keep an eye Deacon Roy. He watched how he tried to touch her hand and how she pulled it back giving him a slight "mmhm" when he was just making small talk. "I like to see you smile." Deacon Roy said and this made, Karen purse her lips together causing her to stop smiling completely. Drew watched as his wife grew very uncomfortable being in that man's prescene. It wasn't that Karen didn't like smiling. It was just how he said it and the way his body language shifted towards her.

Drew noticed his wife's face slowly start to cringe and so, before Deacon Roy could say anything else to his wife or go closer towards her as she was just about done setting up the table he called him over. "Deacon Roy come and help me set this up." The Bishop said giving him something to do and one of the young men from their church who had just arrived was so eager to help the Bishop as he looked up too him. "I can help you Bishop." The young boy said as he was ready to take whatever it was that he wanted. But the Bishop shooed the young boy away over to where the rest of the Deacons were giving him something else to do. "He's ready to help you." Deacon Roy said as he stiffed putting his hands in his pockets as he was too close to Karen. "Nahh now I want you to come and help me." Drew said nodding his head as he tilted it a bit trying not to bite the inside of his cheek. But it wasn't helping having to keep his mouth so closed because he was so annoyed that the inside of his skin started to peel as if it was cut.

'If this busta don't get away from my wife.' The Bishop thought to himself as he noticed that Karen stopped doing what she was doing. He didn't know what he was gonna do if he had to lay hands on him in this church. Then suddenly, it got quiet every one saw what was going on between the two men as Karen stepped away from the table and away from Deacon Roy who had moved closer to her much to her dismay. They felt the tension in the room raise and Deacon Roy thought to himself that he had to play it off quick with whatever was about to happen because he knew he could get the Bishop outta pocket when it came to his family. And so, Deacon Roy rolled his eyes in a way hoping that the Bishop and Karen didn't see him.

Once that was all said and done everyone got back to work before more people started to come in for bible study. "Why were y'all about to make a scene?" One of the elder church members asked who always helped set up bible study as she talked to the First Lady. "What do you mean?" Karen asked her as if she was confused arching an eyebrow. "You know your husband. The Bishop he looked like he wanted to jump across that table and choke, Deacon Roy." Tammy said. "Nothing that's nothing he just got too close is all." Karen said not wanting to tell big mouth, Tammy everything because she don't know how to hold water. "Well Deacon Roy wasn't doin' nuthin' to you or the Bishop. That man is one of the most friendliest members of this church." She said as she pulled out a church after, Karen sat down next to where her husband usually sits for bible study and Karen clearly, rolled her eyes wanting Tammy to see just how dumb she was being.

"Yeah he's too friendly." Karen quietly retorted back to her and that was the last of their conversation. It was ten minutes later when Bible study finally started and Deacon Roy was sitting right in front of Karen much to her dismay. She wasn't sure why this man wouldn't leave her alone. While she was sitting down when her legs underneath her seat she felt Deacon Roy's legs try to touch her pants suit leg which she had bent backwards and this made her eyes widened. When they were discussing 'forgiveness ' she felt that Deacon Roy was still trying to touch her legs or trying to get her play footsies with her and she gave him a stern look that said, 'stop.'

For a moment he did stop until he started again nearly startling, Karen and when he did that she tapped on the Bishop's thigh while he continued to talk through Bible Study looking between his wife and Deacon Roy. As if it was an immediate reaction, Deacon Roy stopped whatever he was doing that was bothering Karen. The Bishop felt that he was losing his patience with Deacon Roy and decided to ignore him pulling his wife's chair closer to him and away from Deacon Roy's feet. This caused the chair to squeak a little and eyes went up as they took a second to see what was going on between the Bishop and the First Lady. No one said a word as Drew continued on liked nothing happened.

When Bible study was over and everything was set up, the couple got into their car frustrated and annoyed with today as Kierra was knocked out in the back asleep. "What are we gonna do?" Karen asked as she held her husband's hand as they were driving home. "I don't know but if he keeps on I'm a have to lay these holy hands on him." The Bishop said, "I don't like nobody messing with my wife." He said, "he's about to make me lose all my patience." He warned her. "Oh, Drew don't let him get you out of hand as long as you're there everything should be okay." She said shrugging her shoulders. "I mean I think he knows better not to try anything." She said as she kissed him on the cheek. When she did that they were right in front of their drive way walking into their home, Drew put Kierra to bed as they got ready their own selves.

Just before they went to sleep getting comfortable in their bed, Drew pulled, Karen close to him as he placed a protective arm over her. "It'd be over my dead body if I let something happen to my wife." The Deacon mumbled but Karen knew what he said clear as day as they dozed off to sleep. But when they went to sleep, Karen seemed like she couldn't get any sleep. She stayed up for most of the night worrying having a restless night for herself.

To be continued...

Notes:

What y'all think gonna happen next?

Thanks for reading!