Back home

Disclaimer: I do not own the Clark Sisters.

Notes: The vacation is finally over and it's time for them to go back home. But some interesting things happen on the way back to Detroit.

TW: vomiting.

It was 5am in the morning and everyone was still asleep since they didn't have to leave for Detroit until 7am. However that wasn't the case for Karen as she bolted out of the bed feeling nauseated as she snatched the covers off of her rushing to the bathroom shutting the door behind her. Waking up hearing his wife vomit, Drew got out of the bed to go check on his wife. "Honey are you okay?" Drew asked as he knocked on the door once but still came in anyways and right before, Karen could answer she puked again. So, Drew just did what any loving husband would do and hold his wife's hair until she finished. "You okay?" He asked her again concerned. "Do you need me to go get Jacky?" Drew asked her as he was sitting right beside her as Karen went up to go brush her teeth.

"No, God no." Karen said almost as if she was frantic because Jacky would surely think something was seriously wrong. "I'm fine." She mumbled as she went back to finish brushing her teeth. When she was done she went back into the bed as Drew followed right behind her. Once it was time to get up, Karen was still feeling a bit nauseated and she hoped it would go away before they started riding in the van. "Karen you good?" Twinkie asked her baby sister when she seemed winded carrying her own suitcase even though she was just rolling it. "Huh, I'm fine." Karen said until, Drew came and took her suitcase from her and the rest of her sisters looked at her after everything was put in the van.

"Mmhm." Jacky said as she looked from behind the trunk of her and Glynn's van. "Now, riddle me this which one of you heffa's was throwing up your guts early this mornin'?" Jacky asked them coming from behind her van to face her three sisters. "It wasn't me." Dorinda said surrendering. "Heyy, don't look at me I'm not doin' nuthin'." Twinkie said and they all stared at Karen. "What??" Karen tried to ask as if she was innocent knowing goodness well that she wasn't. "I just got a little bug is all." Karen said and Jacky gave a strong, "Mmmhmm." Jacky said looking her baby sister up and down. "You gotta bug alright." Jacky said getting into the passenger's side of the van and the sisters followed along in their normal seats.

After an hour of driving on the road, Karen's stomach felt like it was turning bad. 'I ain't neva been car sick before.' Karen thought to herself as she had a slight headache touching her forehead and Drew looked at his wife to make sure she was alright. It wasn't until five minutes later when the couple was just staring outside their own respective windows when suddenly, Karen felt like she had to vomit and they were out on an open country road in Michigan. "Glynn you gotta pull over." Karen said in an urgent voice. "Huh?" He asked not exactly hearing her and Drew looked at his wife knowing what was about to happen. "Just pull the car over, NEOWW!" Drew lightly hollered and everybody looked in the back as Glynn served the car. As soon as Glynn pulled over on the side of the road next to some grass, Karen popped open the van door got out and vomited.

And Dorinda just looked at Drew before he got out of the van putting a finger up under her nose squinting at him. "Go on and do yo thang." Dorinda said to her brother-in-law as he got some napkins and a bottle of water from the backseat of the car to give too his wife. While the sisters were in the car waiting for Karen and Drew they all looked at each other knowing what it was that they were thinking but saying nothing at all. Minutes after they were done they got back into the van and proceeded to go back home.

It was another 30 minutes when, Glynn made a stop at a gas station to fill up on some gas before making their way back home. Once they stopped at the gas station, Karen got out of the van to use the bathroom and the sisters followed looking for other things as Dorinda found what she was looking for. "Karen here." Dorinda said handing the pregnancy test to Karen. "What I already paid for it." Doe said shrugging her shoulders and Jacky walked up beside her. "Yeah, you need to take one." Jacky said, "because the way you and Drew were on this trip we said you might be pregnant before you even come back home." Jacky told her. "We left with 7 people and we comin' back with 8." Jacky said puttin her hand over her baby sisters stomach. "And I've been dreaming about fish non-stop. It's gettin' annoying." Twinkie said with her hand on her hip and Karen gasped at how ridiculous her sisters were being.