Sara finds out

Brooklyn's Pov

I knew Sara would find out that Neal gave Jessica chocolate cake for breakfast and I knew that once she finds out that she would kill Neal for it. She would never allow her husband to give her daughter junk food instead of normal breakfast foods. It's a new day and all of us are up. Sara wasn't around much yesterday and wanted to know everything that happened, everything that Jessica did or ate or said. So the first thing Sara asked Jess was "What did you eat for breakfast yesterday princess?" "Daddy let me eat cake for breakfast yesterday" Jess replied with a really big smile on her face. Sara's face was bright red like a tomato and I knew she was gonna go yell at Neal. I told him yesterday but he didn't care. 

Sara walked into the kitchen with Jess right behind her and we both watched her silently as she stomped over to stand behind Neal. I saw him stiffen when she stood beside him and put a hand on his arm. "Neal why have you fed our daughter junk food? I don't believe this!!" She screeched. He flinched slightly . This is going to be interesting. Neal cleared his throat, "Well, she wanted to try my cooking so I made her some cake. When she didn't want any else after, I let her finish it off." Jess' face lit up, "Can I do them again daddy! Please!" She pleaded and Sara looked from Neal to Jess. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she was looking between them, waiting for Neal to say yes. 

She's going to be pissed when she finds out how stupid Neal has been. She finally nodded, "Yes, she can have another one. But next time I'm making the breakfast and if I see her eating anything less than the pancakes I'm making you I'll kick your ass." She snapped and I laughed quietly. "Yes ma'am." Neal replied calmly. She nodded and then left the room mumbling something about the mess he made. She must think he's an idiot. She wouldn't have to worry too much about it though because she wouldn't know about Jess' little habit. After Sara stormed out of the room I heard Jess giggle. I looked over at her and grinned. 

"So who wants coffee" I asked. "I do!" Jess said smiling "Your too young to have coffee princess but maybe when your older" I replied "That's not fair" She said with a frown on her face . She huffs and crosses her arms "Not fair" She pouts and I laugh. She glares at me before turning and stomping upstairs and I chuckle. I watch her walk away until I hear her door slam shut Sara comes downstairs and She looks at me and Neal."Go talk to her before she starts yelling at your sister and I have work" Sara told Neal and Neal nods. As soon as Neal walks towards Jess's door Sara walks upstairs. I walk past the kitchen with the coffeemaker in my hand. I hear them open her bedroom door. 

Neal's POV 

see her sitting on her bed facing away from me. I slowly walk towards her, I sit down next to her and wrap my arm around her shoulders and rest my chin on top of her head. "It's not fair!" Jess tells me "What's not fair, that your auntie Brooke didn't let you have any coffee" I tell her "Yes!" She looks at me and pouts "I did hear her say that you can have some when your older and I think she's right" "IT ISN'T FAIR!" Jess shouts 

Brooklyn's POV 

I'm still downstairs since Neal and Sara went to talk to their daughter because she got mad at me because I wouldn't let her have any coffee. All of a sudden I hear Jess shout "IT ISN'T FAIR!" Wow I was so excited to be an aunt but geez Jess is upset because I wouldn't let her have any coffee, she's 2 but can be very grumpy. I never knew how hard being an auntie would be until I became one. I bet Neal has it under control. Oh God I think I should go up there. He could be doing something stupid and telling her stupid things. I should go up there but I won't. Neal's POV "Calm down Sweetie" I tell her "But aunt Brooke is being so unfair!" She says angry tears in her eyes "She's not being unfair" "Yes she is!" "Listen if you drank coffee at this age you would be bouncing off the walls because of all the sugar and me and your mother and your aunt doesn't want to deal with that" I tell her "Ok but it doesn't have to have sugar in it" "No! You still can't have any coffee!" I say trying not to yell "But dad" "No!" She has a temper tantrum and I don't want to deal with it so I walk back downstairs. Brooklyn's Pov I see Neal walking downstairs. "What happened?" I ask him "I told her no and she started having a temper tantrum" Neal answered "Of course she did, isn't it your job to deal with it" "Yeah but I'd rather not" "Ok yeah I think it's best you just leave her be" I tell him He agrees.