I was always here, way before I tried to steal those jewels

Brooklyn's pov

So I had to tell Neal something because there's something he doesn't know about. I lied about one thing for years and I can't lie about another.

So we sat down on the couch and I said "Neal, there is something I need to tell you. I was always here, way before I tried to steal those jewels!"

He took off his fedora and looked at me with a I'm listening look on his face.

I said "So yeah like I said I was here, way before I tried to steal those jewels

I said "So yeah like I said I was here, way before I tried to steal those jewels. You were 18 and it was your first day in New York, I decided to come there but I didn't know you were there. I was 16 and there was this guy who was trying to find where the other guy put the queen card and I was standing in the crowd and then I see this teen who has short dark brown hair. I knew it was you but of course I didn't say anything. Anyway I saw everything you did, I saw you work and yes I even saw you and Kate doing the nasty which I wish I could forget that. I saw you get arrested and now you know the real reason I hate Peter"

Neal said "Yeah I get it." I said to him "And you don't believe me do you? I mean what was I supposed to do Neal?" He said "I don't know but you could have told me the truth" I said "The truth? What exactly are you talking about Neal? The truth is everything I just told you!"
He said "Why did you wait all these years to tell me?"

I said "Because I was scared! Ok I was scared, I thought that you would get mad at me or worse and I don't know what your capable of!"

He yelled "You know exactly what I'm capable of!"

I got really angry and said "No I don't! Ya wanna know why, because my brother is an ex con man and just because I love you and think your a good big brother doesn't mean your not capable of anything! I know you would never hurt me but you could hurt someone else so let's just stop talking about this because I am DONE!"

He yelled back "Fine but when I figure out the reason you waited for so long-" "Stop right there! There isn't any "reason" okay I was young ok, very much so, but I was still an adult. It's done now and we're past it alright? Now let's just drop it alright?" With that I stormed away, up the stairs and into my room slamming the door behind me. The door suddenly burst open and a very pissed Neal walked through. He closed the door behind him and said "I won't be dropping this bullshit, I won't!" 

I said "Look Neal just drop it ok?    This is getting out of hand and I'm tired of fighting!" He said "Not until I get some answers

I said "Look Neal just drop it ok? This is getting out of hand and I'm tired of fighting!" He said "Not until I get some answers." We stared at each other for a long time and eventually I gave up, knowing arguing wasn't going to help matters. So we went over to the couch and sat down again. I sighed and started to tell him. As I told him the whole story I realized how stupid I'd been. All along I'd been worried I might lose him and it turns out I had nothing to worry about, as always. Neal just sat and listened to me talk but when I finished he asked, "What did you expect from me?" 

I said "I didn't expect anything, I just wanted a chance to explain myself and I guess I got it." He said "How does that make me feel? To have you hide stuff from me, when I trusted you so completely. Do I make you feel guilty?" I said "Of course not! Look I' m sorry alright! I' m not proud of what happened and I know I should have told you sooner but I just...I just didn't want anyone else to get hurt by it." He said "It seems like a lot of trust goes with secrets and you don't seem like the type who would keep that kind of thing hidden for long." I said "Well obviously that was my biggest mistake and I am so sorry." He said "So what happens next? Are you gonna give me a full explanation?" I said "Actually yes! I will try to do that as well, but I don't know if that will happen because I'll probably fall apart. 

But I promise to give it my best shot" He said "Great, let's start from the beginning" And that is where the story starts "So I was 16 years old and I came to New York because I needed a new start and I was walking around exploring it and I've been there for months and then one day I was walking and there was this crowd of people, I went to see what they all were looking at and saw some short guy trying to find which card was the queen and it seemed interesting. Then this guy who had dark brown short hair went and played but then tricked the dealer guy and took off with the money, I didn't know it was you at first but then I saw your face a little and it was you, the real Neal Caffrey, my brother. So anyway I watched everything you did, like I saw you get a job with Adler and I saw you got Kate and again Yes I saw you and her doing it and I wish I didn't. Anyway days go by and I knew Peter was up to something and I knew he was after you because I saw you go up to him and give him that sucker. I was just thinking about how dumb you were for going up to an FBI agent, Later I saw him planning something with his people about how he was gonna find Kate to arrest you and yeah I watched you get arrested but it's not like I could have done anything to help you. 2 years later I watched you escape prison but again didn't help you even though I probably could of. I mean you went after something that didn't want you, who never did. I even saw you try to make that deal with Peter even though you could have stayed in prison, you could have done your 4 year sentence but instead you try to get to Kate. You never knew that she didn't want you and you still went after her, I mean I know you were sad about her death and yeah I was there and as her plane blew up, I had a big smile on my face because I knew she was gone for good and that you would finally stop. So now you know everything and you now know the reason why I hate Peter"

He smiled.

It was nice to see my brother happy again! I love him