I learned from the best

Brooklyn's pov

Today I thought I would do some painting because it was the only thing that sounded fun. Also Neal wasn't up yet and if I can't hangout with my brother then I'll paint.

I grabbed paints, paint brushes, etc and set my station up. I wanted to make some money and I know that making a painting look like the real thing would sell for a lot and so that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I decided I'm going to forge the midnight beach painting cause it's really pretty.

I started painting on my canvas and I was having so much fun doing it.

I knew this was gonna take me hours to paint but not like I had anything to do today.

Hours keep passing and I feel like I have to go to the bathroom but I don't want to get up. I then rush to the bathroom and then rush back to the painting.

Another hour passes and I get hungry but don't want to get up but I do it anyway. I rush to the kitchen and I make myself something to eat, then I rush back to the painting.

Neal finally wakes up and walk out of the room. He then sees me painting and sees that it's The Midnight Beach painting and so he says "Brooke, please tell me this isn't a forgery and that your not gonna do something stupid?" 

I said "Um no comment"

I looked right at him and he had a disappointed look on his face.

I said "Look I know this isn't right but you do stuff like this all the time and now I'm getting told that I shouldn't do this, yeah ok I'm not gonna listen to this any longer!"

He said "I did this stuff a long time ago and still this isn't right"

I said "Wow Neal Caffrey is telling me not to do something also you may have done this stuff a long time ago but people know you as the best forger out there so SHUT UP!"

He started giving me some history on the painting because he's him. He said "Brooke, The Midnight Beach Painting is the most famous beach painting out there, it was painted by one of the greatest painter out there Xavier Astor. It's probably worth a million dollars"

I said "Ooo ok so I'll make a lot of money off of it"

He looks at me with a serious face and says "What are you talking about Brooke?! you better not be saying what I think you're saying! it's not a good idea Brooke , if you do this I will be really angry"

I say "I'm so scared!"

He looks at me with a you better not look on his face.

I smiled and said "Ok fine, I won't do it but can we keep it?!" 

I guess he kinda believed me so he walked away. I decided to paint another one just so I could sell this one but also make it look like I never sold it. 

-----------------

It took so many hours but I got it done, I then left it there and then took the first one I painted and took it somewhere to sell it. When I got there, I gave it to the person at the counter and then they checked it to make sure it was real and then after they checked it, they said it was real so they gave me the money and I left.

I then got home and Neal was standing there checking the painting out. He told me how good it looked and I smiled and said "I learned from the best" 

He said "You mean me"

I said "Of course I mean you, who else do I know that forges art"

He says "Also I know that isn't the first one who painted, you sold it, didn't you?" 

I said "What if I did? What are you gonna do about it?" 

He checked my pockets and found the money. He held it in his hands and counted it.

 He held it in his hands and counted it

He said "Yup it's all there"

I said "Neal, please!"

He looked really angry.

He then pointed to our room and I got really upset and walked to our bedroom, I closed the door and he locked it from the outside

Ok so I probably shouldn't have done that but I am old enough to make my own decisions even if it means probably getting arrested for art forgery.

No but seriously, I learned from the best!