The luminary and The mystery [KaiMaki]

"She's an assassin for fuck's sake!"
Yelled an angry strawberry haired girl.
"Well what else are we suppose to do?! She could murder us for all we know!"
Yelled another.
An argument was happening, Ouma had exposed a specific someone's identity and now everyone is arguing on what to do with her. Why might you wonder? Because that identity is being known as the "Ultimate Assassin." It's not any of my business but this place is sure becoming a headache, I might as well try to do something to calm everyone down.
"Hey, hey. Everyone calm down, I'll go talk to her."
I cut Iruma off before she could yell any more.
"If anyone knows her best, it's me."
I continued, everyone just staring at me.
"But what if you get killed?!"
Yelled one of the others from the back, but I couldn't very well see who.
"I'll be fine, you'd know who did it anyway!"
I replied, trying to seem confident enough for them to give in.
"We should just let Momota handle the situation!"
Exclaimed Ouma, giving me a smug look as I returned a glare.
Everyone looked at one another before nodding.
"Alright, but stay safe. We'll be here if you need our assistance."
Chimed in Tojo.
I smiled happily, knowing that they actually trust me enough to handle a situation like this.
"Welp, I'll be heading off then. Goodbye everyone!"
I waved away as I exited the ultimate lab of the assassin. Making my way towards her dorm that she had, if I'm correct, locked herself inside of.
I walked down the long blue hallways, I always wondered why the lights here are so dim. But that wasn't my main worry, I mainly wondered on what I'd say when I see Harumaki.
I turned around the last corner and entered the dorm hall, looking at each door plate until I found one that matched Maki's. Stepping towards the door, I raised my hand and knocked at least three times on the door, hoping for an answer.
I waited for a bit until I heard a soft sniff as the door opened. Maki was now facing towards me, her eyes all red and puffy with a pissed look on her face.
Sighing she asked.
"What do you want Kaito."
Staring up for an answer.
"I just want to talk to you, about the whole.. y'know... situation."
I stammered while trying to form words, rubbing the back of my neck. Maki stared at me for a bit before disappearing into the shadow of her room, leaving the door open as an invitation in.
I slightly pressed my hand against the door, opening it a bit more for me to enter and then closed it behind me. I looked around and it didn't look too different from my room, just instead of purple there were red stripes and colors around. Otherwise it was all a similar color as everyone else's.
I noticed Harumaki sitting on the ground, leaning against the bed as she stared up at me. I swallowed as I walked over and sat down besides her.
"Well, what exactly do you want?"
She questioned with a stern sound in her voice.
"I just want to talk, nothing else."
I replied, trying not to seem like I have any other intentions because I really do not.
She crossed her arms, resting them on the top of her knees. I didn't know what to say anymore, so we just sat in silence. It was pretty relaxing to be away from their arguing.
"It's ironic how you came to talk to me but now you're just sitting in complete silence, you're usually very talkative Momota."
She broke the silence as she turned her head towards me, but I didn't know what to say. It's not often I feel nervous but, it's awkward.
I didn't reply, I just turned my head towards her. She had a confused look on her face. I lifted my arms and wrapped them around her, pulling her closer into a hug.
"M-Momota?!"
She yelled, trying to pry me off but I didn't budge. I felt bad, she didn't deserve the treatment she got now. So what if she's an assassin, she had no intention in killing us and it was obvious.
"I'm sorry for all they're saying about you, you don't deserve any of that."
I calmly said, trying to relax her from nearly breaking my bones.
"I'm u-used to it.. I don't mind Momota."
She said as she finally relaxed in my grip, mainly melting into the physical affection.
"But you still don't deserve it. So what if you're an assassin? If you wanted to, you could've killed us but you never did."
I replied, not giving in.
"M-Momota-"
I covered her mouth, carefully but she easily pried it off.
"Hehe, sorry.."
I chuckled at her adorable pissed face, she just buried it into my shoulder in embarrassment. I smiled softly as I rested my head on her own.
"Thank you.."
She mumbled, but I could understand.
I just smiled.