A visit in the set. [SDr2]

Guilt is a painful feeling.
Actually, it's pure misery. It starts off small as just a:
"I shouldn't have done it, I'm so stupid..."
But then it grows larger.
It's like a parasite. Once it's in the host, it'll feed off of it until it is good as dead. It'll grow into something like:
"I hope I die, I don't deserve to live after what I've done, I'm disgusting and horrible..."
And it's true.
It's so harsh on people but it's a lesson.
A parasite will only continue. It doesn't care if the host is suffering, it doesn't matter if the host has given up, it'll continue until they're dead.
A parasite can only be removed through work and will. It may tear it apart slowly, but if the host continues fighting...
Someday, it'll give up and leave on its own.
But it can cause someone to be self destructing. It can cause someone to start harming themselves in ways they once swore they never would.
It can change a person.
It was a cold night. Wind flew by slowly. The sound of an engine fainting heard from the background as the lights illuminated the road. The car slowly warmed up as she turned on the heat, shivering from the cold, wiping tears off of her face desperately and keeping her eyes on the road. She coughed slowly, nausea slowly starting to kick in harsher, but she ignored it.
She kept driving, keeping her eyes on the hazy road. She didn't know why she was doing this. She could've gotten better, reached out to someone...
But it was too late now. Nobody would know.
She smiled as tears streamed down her cheeks, she could see the lake from the far distance, relatively.
She sighed and relaxed, she knew what she had to do. Just let it happen...
But she was cut off with a loud noise coming from the back of the car, the noise ringing in her ears as he turned her attention from the road and faced her head towards the backseats.
"You shouldn't be here!"
She panicked, staring at the kid giggling and laughing as he stood up from the ground. She heard a loud honk and immediately turned her attention to the road, noticing a truck going her way as lights started to blind her, she panicked and sharply turned the car to the side, driving off the road, causing Hajime to fall down onto the ground.
Along with her nausea and hazy vision and her unfastened seatbelt, she crashed into a tree and immediately flew forward, her head shattering the glass and causing her to slump forward.
Hajime crashed into the back of the passanger seat, his arm getting stuck as he felt tears come to his eyes. He sobbed and tugged at his arm, unable to get it out and feeling the pain worsen, he shut his eyes tightly and pulled sharply, feeling the bone move in his as he let out a loud cry. He sobbed as he shakily stood up, holding onto the seat for support as he glanced over at her.
His eyes widened as he saw the blood pour out from her barely recognizable face, it dripping down onto the floor. He stared, completely paralyzed as tears dropped down from his chin. He let loud a loud yell at the sight, completely forgetting about his pain.
She was dead, it was undoubtedly true.
Even he could know that, yet he shook her, trying to get her to wake up desperately on his shaky legs. He couldn't get proper words out, he sobbed and cried and begged for her to wake up.
But she never did...
"You stupid child! Have we not taught you anything about car safety?! Unbelievable."
Hajime's father pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing irritatingly as the police checked the scene.
"Dear, I'm sure it was an accident. She's a kid, she could've not known."
Hajime's mother tried to sugarcoat it, just like always.
"Don't make her think this is alright! She's dead. Our daughter is dead because of her and her reckless behavior!"
The argument continued. But it quickly turned into muffled static behind Hajime, who was staring emptily at the ruined car, his eyes red and puffy from crying and his arm still limp. Everything else felt like a complete blur.
Pain in his arm, muffled static, bright lights, engine sounds, the shivering cold, a bright room, and a weird feeling on his arm.
But his mind was focused on one thong.
He got her killed.
Even a kid could understand that...
Right?
But even so, he felt the guilt start to eat him from the inside out. Each day he felt that awful feeling, it lnly worsening by every word his father said. He accepted it, he took it in and let it happen.
Now it led to him throwing up in the toilet, his shirt was off and his hair was a complete mess, several bruises and healing cigarette burns covered his back. He knew he shouldn't have drank so much again, he felt like an idiot.
He was always one wasn't he?
"Don't think that way, you're just looking for pity."
Hajime grumbled under his breath, obviously talking to himself as another amount came from his mouth.
Once he was sure that was all, he slumped down against the bathroom, closing his eyes and sighing. He heard the door opening, quiet but heavy footsteps vibrating the floor. He had no clue who it was but he gave it a guess.
"I told you to leave me be Chiaki..."
He spoke up, his eyes still closed.
"She left, it's just me."
The figure spoke up, catching Hajime off guard.
He lowered his head, his eyes going wide before they relaxed into a weak glare.
"You here to get mad at me and scold me too Imposter?"
Hajime grumbled, averting eye contact and not really saying much else as Imposter sat down besides him.
"You take me for the wrong person sometimes Hajime."
Imposter didn't give into his protests, staring at the light coming from the way.
"But you should really be less reckless. The alcohol's obviously starting to cause problems, considering you've been on edge a lot more and you had started yelling at people attempting to help."
As Imposter spoke, it only caused Hajime to groan.
"I know! I've been told this several times, I'm aware that it's hurting me and reckless drinking is stupid but I can't help it!"
"I'm not saying that. I know it's hard, but you're not doing much, rather you've given up."
Hajime paused, his eyes going wide for a moment before he relaxed and shut up, letting them continue.
"You're letting yourself get carried away, distancing yourself from others so they don't have to "deal with you", and not caring about the bigger problems your addiction is causing."
"What can I do? I'm too unmotivated to do anything other than drown in my sorrow and get drunk until I can't feel anything and pass out.."
Hajime spoke up, pulling his knees up close and hugging his legs.
"Actually. You're letting harm get to you too. I mean look at you, covered in bruises, scars and cigarette burns, from obviously the person who's equally self destructive."
Imposter paused, running his hand down Hajime's back, causing him to shiver.
"But it's not that you're weak. I'm overweight visibly, yet I can still run quickly and I can lift people up, I can fight and I can defend. It's because even if I'm unmotivated, I get up and force motivation, I can't expect it to just come to me, just like you can't..."
They paused again before they grabbed and aid kit and a glass, pouring some water into it and handing it to Hajime, letting him drink it as they took care of his bruises and cigarette burns.
"Why don't you start by facing the problem that started it all? Why not visit your parents?"
Hajime perked up at that, shaking his head rapidly.
"Absolutely not. I'd rather die than talk to my father ever again."
He gritted his teeth, clenching his fists before he sighed, grumbling silently.
"You can't run away from them forever. You don't need to go alone, bring someone with you if you want."
"But who? Nagito has therapy and he wanted to be alone for the week, Chiaki's probably upset and I can't talk to her right now, Kazuichi's on vacation, you're busy and Fuyuhiko is with Kazuichi."
He ran a hand through his hair, he didn't trust the others as much as he did those four.
"How about someone who you don't trust completely but would be a great choice?"
He paused. Thinking about it before he realized there's one person that he could ask, but would she even agree?..
"Fine."
It was worth a try.