THE SEVEN DORKS

DOC/ SMARTY (JINYOUNG)

You and Jinyoung were neighbours since forever. And with him just a year older than you made you two almost inseparable. You went to the same school and obviously you had same friends as him. He was okay most of the times. He basically acted like your big brother and you had no problem with it. In fact, it made you feel more secure at times because he would save you when other boys wanted to tease you. However, there's only one thing that you didn't like from him. You knew he was a smart boy, but he didn't need to rub it to your face everytime. Like one time when you asked why the fish sleeps with its eyes open. He rolled his eyes before telling you that's because the fish doesn't have eyelids like you do. You knew he read a lot of books because he could read now that he almost in elementary school, but he didn't to make you feel insecured just because you couldn't read as much as him.

Your teacher told you to round up all the boys, including Jinyoung. You found him at his usual spot, under the big tree with a book on his hand. You told him that he was requested by the teacher and he followed you. Apparently, since graduation was coming, the kids were about to show some play. The teacher picked the Snow White and since there weren't enough boys, all the boys got no choice but to participate in it. There were 8 boys, so 7 of them would be the dwarfs, leaving just one to be the prince. The teacher knew that all the boys would be debating which one of them that should play the prince, so she decided to draw a lot. That's why she rounded all the boys. Jinyoung put his hand into the box and drew his lot. He got Doc. You chuckled at the fate. He got the smartest dwarf as he should, being a smarty pants that he is. He pouted when he found out that he got the oldest dwarf but didn't say a thing before settling down beside you.

The teacher did the same for the princess role since the other girls all wanted to be the princess. You refused to draw a lot since you wanted just to be the animals but the teacher forced you, telling that it would be fair for everyone to participate, so you got no choice but to put your hand inside the box before pulling out the paper and handed it to your teacher since you couldn't read difficult words just yet. She beamed when she unfolded the paper and announced that you got the princess role, making you gasp and Jinyoung laughed at your fate. You crossed your arms, pouting, hoping that anyone would protest at the result, but the teacher had warned everyone not to, so no one protested the result. But you relieved when you found out that the princess just had to walk through the jungle, sitting among the singing animals before eating the poisoned apple and lied down inside the coffin. Since this was a kid play, there was no kissing scene so the prince had to sing at the end and you sat back up to life before the play ended.

GRUMPY (JAYB)

One of Jinyoung's friends that became friend with you was Jaebeom. He's been on the quiet side. In fact, you were a bit scared of him. With his big built, he could cover you with his body and no one would ever find you. In fact, you had asked him several times to hide you from Jinyoung when you accidentally ruined a page of his book and he chased you angrily. But, you saw the other side of him once, over cats. He became soft and it was a funny sight when the cats were all over him. He threatened you not to tell the others about what you had seen and you promised him that you would keep that a secret. One other thing that made you afraid of Jaebeom was his temper. No one dared to tease him as he would be angry within seconds and chased whoever that made him angry. That's why you couldn't help but chuckle when he drew the lot and found 'Grumpy' written on it. You thought that suited him well, considering you almost never saw him smiling. The only time that he let out a big smile was when he was playing with stray cats on his journey back home. However, he let out a small smile when he found out you got the princess role. He even assured you that you'd do just well after Jinyoung teased you and almost made you cry. You smiled back at him for his reassurance, thankful that for once he was kind to you.