FIRST PUBLIC APPEARANCE (JACKSON)

"You decide, do you want me to come as your husband or as Jackson Wang, one of the hospital donors," he rolled the ball back to you. You fiddled with your fingers as you sat down beside him on the couch. The hospital's going to hold a ball next week for fundraising. Obviously they would invite some celebrities and conglomerates. Your husband included. Since they didn't know that you two were husband and wife, you got a separate invitation to bring your plus one, while your husband got one thanks to his status as a world-wide celebrity/idol and the hospital donor. You were torn. If he came as your husband, then obviously the whole hospital would find out that you were married to the Jackson Wang. It's not like he could cover up in an event like this. But if he came as himself, then you had no choice but to be by his side. The difference was if he came as himself, the press would be much larger. His fanbase would know and basically the whole world would know in instant. If he came as your husband, his agency would try their best to cover it up, saying something like this was a personal event and such. You got two days to think about it before coming up with a decision. You knew that whatever choice you picked at the end, Jackson would support you either way. You knew that this day would come someday, but you didn't expect it to be this soon. Well, almost two years to be exact, but still, you're never going to be ready. You wanted to kick Yoojin one way or the other as this was one of her handiwork, or her father to be exact. The fundraising event was a way to introduce her as the hospital owner, replacing her father.

"Are you ready?" Jackson put a hand on your back, glancing at your reflection in the mirror, smiling at you to give you some kind of assurance. You took a deep breath, inspecting yourself for one last time before grabbing your purse and linking your arm with Jackson.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine," he kissed your temple and patted your hand before letting you slide into the car first. You were lost in thought when Jackson tapped your hand, "We're here," he looked at you. "You can bail if you're not sure about this," he gave you one last chance to bail out.

You shook your head, "No, it's time to face this, and you knew it. Let's do this," you accepted his outstretched hand and let him lead the way to the entrance of venue. The moment you stepped out of the car, the press has been going crazy, running all the way from the car until you stopped on the red carpet. You heard them talking between themselves, the humming of the talk getting louder by the second. When you both stopped so they could take picture of you, you felt Jackson squeezed your hand once again as he smiled easily toward the cameras. You felt the knot in your stomach but forced yourself to produce a smile, mirroring his and waved weakly to the cameras. You felt your eyes blinded by the flashes from the cameras. You wondered how come he got used to this stuff. You felt his hand on your back once again as it was time to move, but you heard one of the reporter yelled with all his might, "Jackson! Is she your wife? Does this mean you two decided to go public with her identity?" Soon you heard someone else asking, "Is she working in the hospital?" Jackson stopped and looked at you for a green light and you nodded slightly. You could see him smiling from ear to ear as you gave him the permission to do the thing he wanted to do the most since the wedding.

"Yes, this is my wife but I'm sorry, this is a hospital event, we'll make separate announcement later," he answered before leading you inside the building. You let out a big sigh. You knew that it wasn't the end of the day yet. You have faced the press, but it's now to face your colleagues. You could feel everyone staring at both of you the moment you passed through the door. Well, staring at your husband to be exact. In the sea of people, he still looked dashing. You felt someone walking quickly to your side, linking your arm and snatched you away from Jackson. It was one of your colleague, Min-ah.

"You never told me your husband is Jackson Wang," she whispered to your ear, though her eyes wandered back to Jackson who stood two steps behind you.

"Well, I don't see the need to announce it," you simply said.

The rest of the night mostly spent to explain the same thing all over again. Yes, your husband is Jackson Wang. The one and only Jackson Wang. And yes, it was you in their youtube channel, in his episodes in GOT2Day. You swiped a glass of champagne before sipping it, letting out a big sigh that obviously caught his eyes. You admitted that he had more patience than you, for meeting those people and answering their questions about you politely. Even though it meant saying the same thing over and over again. He kept smiling throughout the night.

"Hey guys," you heard Bambam's voice from behind you. You spun around to see him grinning with Yoojin in tow. You wanted to smack them both suddenly. You didn't hide your annoyance and Yoojin was quick to catch it as you heard her giggle.

"I take it you guys decided to go public after all?" you heard Bam asking and you nodded, downing the rest of the champagne in your glass. "Wait, so is he coming as Jackson Wang and announced that you're his wife and your face won't be blurred again, so is he coming as your husband? The husband of Ellie, the VIP's favorite surgeon?"

"Both," you answered. "He's already admitted that I'm his wife at the red carpet, but told them he would give separate announcement. Inside, he kept telling people that he's my husband, yes.. Yes.. The stubborn surgeon," you continued and Jackson chuckled at your statement.

"Stubborn but still managed to steal the VIP's hearts," he added proudly. "But I think I'll keep your face hidden after this," he sighed and you spun around to see his face, question in your face. "If they knew your face, you will have more patients than you already had and that means you will have to work longer at the hospital, leaving me alone in the house and no prospect of getting the twins anytime soon, so yeah.. No.. Only people inside this fundraising that already knew you that knew your face, but not the rest of the world. And beside, I'll announce you as Ellie Wang and not Ellie Liu. You still used your old name in the hospital, right?"

"Alrighty," you heard Yoojin finally opened her mouth, "I'll make sure it stays within the hospital. I'll order the media team to monitor the news as well and take down any news that contains her unblurred picture and pretend that we didn't have any Ellie Wang in the house," she nodded to Jackson as if they have reached some kind of agreement. Later when you were back in the house, you read Jackson's statement from the news.

Jackson Wang appeared in S Hospital fundraising with his wife, Ellie Wang. He came as the husband of a surgeon in the hospital and as one of the regular donor for the hospital. Finally appeared in public as husband and wife, Wang requested the press to respect her position in the hospital and blurred her picture as it might cause inconvenience to her job.