WE GOT MARRIED (BAMBAM) - PT.3

Homeland

You were told to pack a bag for five days. You were going to Thailand to visit Bambam's family. For the past two days, you barely saw him at the apartment, only the meowing of his cats that gave you a sign that he was there in the apartment. You remembered when they filmed you two moving in. You really only brought one smaller suitcase and a bigger one waited already in the apartment. But Bambam? He did bring a medium size suitcase with him for the shooting purpose, but there were two large suitcases waiting in his room and not to mention his cats' stuff. Well, he was Bambam after all, judging by how many shoes he brought to the apartment even though it was temporary. 

You laughed again at the amount of luggage that he brought to Thailand but he did have an event there, so he probably had to bring more stuff because of the event. There was a tiny problem with the plan. You were afraid of flying. No one knew about it since you haven't required to go overseas yet, but there was no turning back now. You tried to regulate your breathing but when the captain announced that they would take off, your heart started to beat rapidly, you felt sweat dripping from your forehead, your palms were wet and you were sure your face would be pale as the wall. You hoped Bambam didn't notice it as you put up the hoodie to cover your head and pulled it down low so it covered your eyes, but apparently he did. He put his hand over yours and squeezed it lightly, as if to tell you that everything would be okay. When you didn't move at all, his thumb started to caress your fingers repeatedly and somehow the movement worked. You calmed down a bit. But you felt embarrassed when the plane was finally up in the air.

"It's okay, it'll get better," he told you as if he knew that you were embarrassed. "Do you want some drink to calm you down? Tea or maybe some liquor?" It was still broad daylight and you had to meet his family after you landed so you chose tea. When it was time to land, he automatically reached for your hand and repeated the same gesture and you felt better. You didn't feel as anxious as before.

His family was really friendly. Even though you couldn't speak the language, but you could see from their gestures that they welcomed you there. You didn't know how to respond when his mother hugged you and he whined something about this was not real and that his mother shouldn't make you uncomfortable. But you told him that you were okay and his mother scolded him because of that. He was proven to be nice during the trip. Since you couldn't talk the language, he acted as a translator, talking back and forth between you and his family. He tried to include you into the conversation and translated whatever was going on so you didn't feel left behind. 

His family was pretty tight, he could joke freely with his brothers and sister, and your heart warmed up with the sight. You were the only kid in your family, your parents were divorced and you were raised by your grandparents, so his family was kind of the family that you've been dreaming of. The trip felt like holiday rather than work. With Bambam spoiling you, the shopping, the food and not forgetting the trip to the beach. Oh yeah, you went to the beach. Even though on camera he was required to put on a shirt, but off cam, you could see him shirtless just seconds before he dipped in to the sea. You sighed as you remembered that today was the last day here. 

Tomorrow you'd be back to Korea. You wished you could stay here forever. You tried to remind yourself that all these was just a show, but you failed, hard. You found yourself realizing what kind of person Bambam was, a family man. You were still daydreaming when you felt a nudge on your elbow and when you looked at your side, you saw Bambam had already sat down beside you, his hair was still damp and even though he had towel-dried his body, but his shirt stuck to his body so you could see the outline of his muscle clearly and you had to force yourself to maintain your gaze on his face, and not roaming to his body. He chuckled when he noticed the battle in your mind but didn't tease you.

"I forgot to give this to you," he reached to his pocket and produced a simple diamond ring. "The one from the production crew was awful," he reached your hands and lifted it to take out the ring on the wedding day that was provided by the crew before slipping the one that he brought, "This one is better. See.. It looks prettier on you," he lifted your hand so you could see the ring and you could see that he was right. Oh well, who were you kidding? This is Bambam, king of fashion, that you're talking about. Obviously he would pick the best ring.

Bambam's POV

I remembered my mother pull me on the side on the second night she was here in Thailand. We were having dinner together again for the second time in a row. She couldn't speak the language so I've been acting as translator for her so she could understand everything that happened around her. I didn't want her to feel left behind, but there was something in her eyes when she saw my family. I knew that she was the only child but I didn't know that her parents were divorced. Not until I asked her about her family the other night, and I felt awful for making her reliving the bad memories. That was why I arranged a beach trip tomorrow so she could relax a bit before going back to Thailand.

"Are you trying to fool me?" my mother asked me when we were alone, just the two of us.

"What are you talking about, mom?"

"Her," she answered, tilting her head to make it clearer. "I know that this is all a show, but I can see how you look at her. You like her, don't you?" Oh shit, if my mother could see it, would she be able to see it as well? "You'd better treat her right if you still want your chances with her after the show end," my mother added quickly.

"Do you think I have a chance?"

My mom dismissed me, "Oh please, you just need to get your act together. I might be old, but I'm not blind. If I can see how you look at her, I can also see how she looks at you."

"Really?" Okay, I might have a chance after all.