WE GOT MARRIED S2 (YUGYEOM) - pt. 5

Concert

Since you weren't allowed to go on public because of the fake rumour that the company didn't want to straighten up at first, you could only go to the apartment and the company for the whole week. The company did straighten up the rumour at the end after the rotten egg incident but you were already traumatized and it backfired at the company. Some fans pointed out that the company didn't protect its idol and let you being harrassed by the sasaeng that forced them to release a statement. Being holed up in the apartment made you realize that living in a dorm with the rest of your members wasn't that bad either. At least you got company. Yugyeom tried to be a good company, but his schedule didn't allow him. After all, he would be gone at the end of the week for his tour. He had to practice with his member and that made him back at the apartment pretty late. He seemed sorry for not being a good company for your last week together but you hushed him, saying that you understood and he didn't have a choice anyway. He went on his tour on heavy heart, with you had to deal with the aftermath of the rumour without him by your side. You assured him that he should focus on his tour and not worry about you.

He was gone in the morning and just an hour after his departure, the production team picked you up. They gave you a video and you had to practice the dance for an hour before heading to the airport. They prepared a surprise for Yugyeom. You'd be on his concert with him and they would use it for the ending for the show. The production team brought in his choreographer to teach you the dance but your mind was still a bundle of mess that you were barely able to concentrate, let alone copying the dance in an hour. By the time you were supposed to go to the airport, you were still couldn't remember the choreography that the production team decided to go with plan B. No dancing involved.

On the day of the concert, the production team slipped you to backstage with the help of his members and the rest of the staff. Everyone else knew about the plan but Yugyeom. They hid you in another prep room, away from Yugyeom so you didn't accidentally walk passed him. You were finished with makeup and hair and waited for your turn and jumped a little bit when a staff finally came to get you. You peeked from backstage and could see that they were talking to the fans on stage. Yugyeom was looking at the crowd that he didn't realize your presence. Jackson spotted you and quickly gave quick signs to his fellow members, and the rest understood quickly. You heard the countdown on your in ear monitor and the lights were turned off, making everyone gasped before a spotlight appeared again, putting Yugyeom in the spotlight. And another one appeared as you stepped forward on the stage. The fans roared in excitement when they spotted you. Most of them knew that you were his wife from the show and they could guess that you were there related to the show. However, you stayed rooted on your spot. The rotten eggs incident ran through your mind once again. You froze, those flashbacks about being thrown at by the sasaeng, then the chaos that followed after that, came back to your mind. You didn't know how long you've been standing on your spot but the next thing you knew, Yugyeom was standing in front of you. He quickly took off your in ear monitor, your mic, as well as turning off his microphone. You could only stare at him and he cursed a bit when he saw your eyes.

He said something to Jinyoung and the later conveyed it to Jaebeom that nodded. Yugyeom then held your hand and guided you back to backstage. He shielded from the production team that was about to protest since you failed to do the only thing that made you fly all the way there. He deposited you in one of the empty room and closed the door. But from behind the closed door, you could hear him argue, probably with the production team. After several minutes, the noise died down and Yugyeom popped back in the room.

"I'm sorry, but you can settle yourself here. Do you want some hot tea to calm yourself? I can ask one of the staff to bring it here, but don't worry, no one else could enter here," he squatted in front of you and took your hand in his.

"I'm sorry – I messed up," you started but he lifted his hand to stop you.

"No, don't apologize. It's okay. Just stay here, I'll come back later. I have to go back to the stage now," he squeezed your hand and you nodded. You heard him took a long breath before leaving you in the room alone. He held his promise and a staff came to give you a cup of hot tea, but no one else entered the room.

You were exhausted from the trip and from your breakdown that you gave up and laid on the couch. You guessed you were asleep because the next thing you knew was you felt someone caressed your head and when you opened your eyes, Yugyeom was crouching in front of the couch, caressing your hair. You supported your weight on your elbow but Yugyeom pushed you back down.

"Just get some rest," he held both your shoulders and made you lie on the couch again.

"But, the footage...," you remembered about the original plan that you messed up.

He shook his head, "Don't worry about it. They should understand it. You're in no shape to be on the spotlight right now. We'll find another way to get another footage. Even if it is after the filming schedule, I'll still find a way. I've talked to my manager and they understand your situation. The production team is okay with it as well. The worse plan is to get some footage on your fan signing. It's just a week after I finish the tour, so we'll make it work."

You just nodded and didn't realize a tear has escaped until Yugyeom wiped it with his finger. Gently he pulled you into his hug and somehow you broke into sobbing once you were in his hug. He didn't say anything and kept stroking your back up and down until your sob died down. You'll be fine, he kept whispering. We'll be fine. You can get through this. Somehow you knew you would, with him on your side.