A SERIES - YOUNGJAE

You read the text with raised eyebrow. Youngjae asked for a date? You frowned as you knew well he was busy with recording and such. After replying back with "Are you sure?" to make sure that it was okay with Jaebeom and the rest of his members, you waited until he replied with short 'Yes'. You hurriedly refreshing yourself and found something cute to wear. It's been two weeks that you haven't seen him, so you were excited to see him. Though you were worried about his health. He's been super busy with the group comeback and you knew well that preparing for a comeback meant less sleep and messy meals. You just hoped he remembered to take his vitamins. You waited at the cafe and jumped a bit when he surprised you from behind. It was good to see him again.

"Have you eaten yet?" you asked him, worried that he's been skipping his meals often.

"Yeah, I did. Haven't you?"

"No, I already ate," you were relieved that he didn't look sick nor gaunt from the lack of sleep.

"Then, what do you want to eat? Ice cream? Or cake?" he offered.

"Ice cream would be fine," you answered, remembered that he liked ice cream though you weren't fond of ice cream much.

"Okay then, I'll order for us," he stood up and walked to the counter to order for the both of you. Moments later, he walked back to your table with two cups of ice cream in his hand.

"A..this is the one that you like, right?" he slid the matcha ice cream to you while he had the strawberry one for himself. You didn't have the heart to tell him that you didn't quite like ice cream, that's why you picked matcha because usually it was the least sweet option among all the flavours. However, this one was a bit to sweet for your liking, so you only ate a bit, pretended that it was too cold so you stopped eating after awhile.

"What about yours? Is it good?" you asked, diverting his attention from your neglected ice cream.

"Umm.. it's delicious.. Really delicious," he said, scooping a spoonful of his ice cream before putting it into his mouth. He kept digging into his ice cream, as if to prove that his was really delicious.

"Youngjae, are you sure? It's okay if you can't finish it," you reminded him softly when you saw him flinch a bit when he paused eating.

"No, it's okay.. it's really delicious," he continued eating the rest of his ice cream until it was completely finished while yours was pretty much untouched. After spending half an hour talking and eating until your throat hurt, you two finally left the cafe as his phone kept ringing. You kept telling him that it was okay. You understood that he was busy and you were grateful that he tried to use his break time to see you. After promising you that he would take care of his health, he dropped you back to your place before going back to the studio.

Later that night

"What's wrong with your voice?" Jaebeom was half furious when he found his main vocal was probably caught a flu. Youngjae arrived back at the studio and was ordered to record his part immediately, but his voice cracked when he was just warming up his voice. And then he started coughing and sneezing a bit. 

"I don't know, hyung," Youngjae lied. He got a hunch that it was probably because of the ice cream that he ate earlier at the cafe.

"If I knew you'd catch a cold, I won't give you permission to take a break earlier," Jaebeom muttered another curse at the younger boy.

"I'm sorry hyung, I don't think I can continue recording tonight," Youngjae felt sorry for messing up the recording session.

"You bet. Just go back to the dorm and rest for now. Make sure to recover by tomorrow or else no more break for your next time," his leader warned him. Youngjae apologized once again before going back to the dorm. At the dorm, he shivered when he finally could sit down. He sneezed like crazy afterward. He was coming down with a cold for sure. He scrambled to find his cold medicine and vitamins. He remembered his leader's warning and took it seriously. He didn't want to risk not having the break as it was his only time to see you. Ugh, maybe he shouldn't eat all the ice cream earlier. But he didn't want to waste it. And seeing that you didn't eat yours, the only way that he could spend more time with you was keep eating the damn ice cream. And he didn't regret his decision. Not that much anyway. He did regret that he messed up the recording session and felt sorry toward his members, but he didn't regret spending the time with you. Even though he got sick at the end. At least he could be able to go through the rest of the week now. He decided to go to sleep, determined to get better by tomorrow and made sure he nailed all his parts tomorrow.