CUTIE COLD CUPID (MARK)

You read that there was a case like this one before. You searched for the files in the archive. You forgot the name of the agent involved so it took you longer to find it as you had no other clue about the case. You just remembered there was a similar case like this. You leafed through the files, opening them one by one but you found nothing so far. You started to feel desperate as it was near lunchtime already, which meant you had been on this for almost three hours. You straightened your leg and massaged it as you felt them getting numb for sitting for hours. You sighed as you couldn't believe that Mark did this again to you. You were his handler. When he first worked at the Cupid Corporation, he was sent straight to you after a week in the field. The problem was, he was too quiet. He failed several missions because he couldn't gain trust from the targets, thus made them suspecting him instead of trusting him. You had to show him that being too quiet could cause problem as he thought his job didn't require him to be friendly. Luckily, he accepted your suggestion and started to be more friendly. As he started to open up more, he became less cold toward the targets and managed to gain their trust and scored his missions. His trilingual skill helped him a lot in the field as well. The company could sent him on mission on several areas and not just in the US. You didn't mind the travelling as you liked to travel as well.

You thought things were going well, until he was sent again to your office for the second time. This time, it was his temper. Being in the field was unpredictable. The target could look sweet and cute, clever and charming, but when you faced them in the field, the reality might be different. And that was the case for the second time. Mark found some of the targets in his mission were not like they were pictured as in his file. Thus he felt cheated by his target. But, since he was hardworking, he quietly tried to make things work. But sometimes, they were just being jerk beyond repair that it frustrated him. He chose to channel out his emotion rather than keeping it up until he got back to the company. He smashed some stuff and threw some things during his missions. The target became scared of him, thinking he was hostile and obviously it affected the mission. He failed, of course. You managed to get him through anger management, though you understood his reason. Better smashed or threw stuff rather than landed his punch or his kick on the target. You knew that Mark was capable to do it, but he resisted and vented it to objects as not to hurt people. These days, he would get angry, but he kept it inside until he finished the mission then smashed things in the special room back at the company. You created that room to acomodate agents that had the same emotional problem as him and apparently it was quite a popular room between the agents as you've seen several other agents used that room to the max.

However, this time he was sent for another whole reason. The female targets were smitten by him. You weren't surprised at the reason though. Mark was exceptionally good looking. With his angelic face, you wouldn't guess that he had a temper underneath it all. Especially when he smiled, though he rather did in the company. But when he did smile, his eyes would form like crescents and his lips curled up before opening completely to show his teeth. And not to mention his deep voice that could send shiver to your spine. Even though you've been working with him for almost three years now, your heart still jumped a bit when you heard that deep voice of him. You decided to search for another 30 minutes before giving up and went for lunch. Ten minutes to the end of your 30 minutes, you found the file at last. Feeling victorious, you pumped your fist in the air before reading through the case. Oh well, it wasn't the same as Mark's case, you though as you finished reading the whole file. The agent in the file, Jackson, was deemed too charming that he ended up sweep his targets off their feet without realizing it. While Mark.. Mark on the other hand, didn't even have to open up his mouth or did anything to swoon them. He was just being Mark and girls would fell for him. You sighed. It seemed like your only solution was probably to get him through a plastic surgery to remove his pretty face. You cleaned up the mess that you made with the files and stood up, heading toward the cafetaria to fill your grumbling stomach. You were just bit your sandwich when Mark showed up at your side, making you jumped a little before he muttered a soft apologize and sat next to you.