EVERYDATE - YUGYEOM

"What happened to you?" you asked immediately when you saw your boyfriend, who was all teary.

"My allergy flares up," he explained. "It was worse yesterday, but I've taken my medicine, but apparently it's still not getting better," he sniffed and immediately reached for the tissue paper to dab his eyes and cleared his nose.

"Maybe we should cancel today," you said quietly, concerned with your boyfriend's wellbeing.

"Noooo," he immediately whined. "I've been waiting for today, let's not cancel. I can still see. I just will be a bit teary, that's all." And just that you couldn't oppose him anymore. He was busy working for the past two weeks and today was the first time in two weeks that you got to see him. He has arranged today and was excited when he told you about today's date. However, you were not that excited when you heard the agenda. Cooking class. You weren't fond of cooking, and neither did he. So why the hell did he arrange for a cooking class for a date? You said nothing though. You just hoped none of you burnt anything and you two still got to eat decent food, whatever it was that you were going to cook today. You arrived at the place and it was pretty quiet. You realized that he has arranged for a private class. And it was a chocolate making one, not a real cooking class one. You breathed out and felt a wash of relief. It would be okay. You paid attention as the teacher gave instruction about how to melt the chocolate and then told you to pour the melting chocolate onto the mold, then she left you both to work. At first, you worked diligently, putting the chocolate and soaked it in the hot water and waited for it to melt, but then Yugyeom started to poke you. You glared at him but he kept going on. Then you two started to chase each other in circle and stopped when he almost knocked the table over. Then you two got back to business and checked the chocolate.

"Hey noona, the white one has melt already. Has the chocolate one melted as well?" he asked after checking his chocolate.

"I think mine still need a bit more time," you answered. "Why don't you pour yours to the mold first? Then I'll pour mine on top of yours later," you suggested and he agreed. You two started working in a silence, only joking for a bit when he tried to make a mushroom chocolate by putting a wafer stick in the middle of the liquid chocolate. You told him that it wouldn't work, but he persisted and you let him. Though it didn't stop you from rolling your eyes at his silliness.

"Are you guys done?" Suddenly the teacher appeared again and checked the result. "I think it'll turn out nice," she made a comment after checking the result. "I'll put this in the fridge so it will harden. We have some games if you guys wanted to play while waiting," she offered and Yugyeom stood up to check all the games that they were having and found a Jenga.

"Noona, let's play Jenga," he took out the blocks from the box and arranged them all. "Oh," he exclaimed and you could see a light bulb lit on his head. "Maybe we can ask each other in turn after moving a block, just like the one we see on TV," he continued and you weighed the option before finally agreed to it. "Yaayyy!!" he exclaimed and started doing a small dance like a little kid before claming the first turn.

"Left-handed or right-handed?" he asked after moving the first block.

"I'm left handed, but my dad told me to use my right hand when eating or in public, because it might considered impolite in certain community," you answered.

"Ah.. Just like Jaebeom hyung, that's why he became ambidextrous," he said.

"Mountain or beach?" you asked next.

"Is it winter or summer?" he asked.

"Doesn't matter," you shrugged. "Just answer the question."

"If it's summer it will be nice to go to the beach," he gave it a thought, "But I always like the mountain, so I guess mountain."

You were about to move a block when he was sneezing and coughing and you were reminded of his condition earlier. "Are you okay?"

He grabbed a tissue paper and nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a bit teary. Come on, it's my turn now." He moved a block and stacked it neatly on top of the others before shooting a question, "What's your hope for this year?"

"Umm.. Maybe save more money so I can go for a trip?" You worked your ass off for the past three years, so you thought it was time for you to finally enjoy yourself.

"Then you should come with me when I asked you the last time," he whined and you laughed. You remembered he was asking you to come with him on his tour but you refused. Maybe if he asked again this year, you wouldn't oppose the idea, but you wouldn't tell him that.

"What's your favorite day?" you asked after stacking the block neatly.

"Can I pick everyday as long as I'm with you?" he winked and you blinked. Okay, you should tell him to stop hanging around Bambam. He became cheesy. Or maybe it was Jackson that clouded his pure mind?

"Oh no, you're getting cheesier by the day," you smacked his arm and he pretended to be hurt. You moved on and asked him another question, "Modern city or nature with clean air?"

He answered without hesitation, "Nature for me. What about you noona?"

"Of course nature. I'm from a place where everywhere looks like a computer wallpaper. Why would I trade that with skyscrapper?" you quickly answered. He was really quiet after hearing your answer. You were about to ask him why he looked grim suddenly when the teacher barged into the room, holding the mold in her hand.

"I think the chocolate is ready," she announced, completely oblivious to the sudden awkward air in the room. Yugyeom quickly pretended that nothing happened and proceeded to flip the mold and took out the chocolate from the mold. He grinned, showing the perfect chocolate rose that he took out.

"Look noona, it comes out okay," he beamed and you dismissed the uneasiness and helped him with the rest of the chocolate.

"I'll leave you two alone. You can eat the chocolate here. Anyway, you have another fifteen minutes before I have to clean up the room. If you guys are interested in coming back, we have other cooking classes for couple, you can ask the information desk for more information as well as register if you guys interested. Okay, I'll leave you two now. Enjoy the rest of your day," with that she left you two alone and the elephant was back in the room.

"Yugyeom," you called him, trying to get the bottom of it. He was acting weird suddenly after asking the last question and you couldn't think of a reason. "What's wrong?"

He sighed, "Will you go back to New Zealand if I didn't stop you?" he asked quietly. You froze. Yeah, sure, it was a possibility that you've been thinking for awhile, especially after you stopped dancing. After all, dancing was the very first reason that made you moved to South Korea. But, after your father's death, you didn't see the point of going back. After all, you've found a new family here, the one that he helped you to be with.

You smiled as you placed your hands on his shoulder, trying to calm him down, "Why would I?"

He turned his head in lightning speed and looked at you, "Well, you said yourself, you prefer nature since you came from a beautiful country, so I guess you must've missed going back to your home country. It's where your heart belongs."

"Yeah, I do. But we can always go there on vacation," you answered. "And you're wrong. That's not where my heart belongs. I think you should stop worrying. There's nowhere else I want to be aside from your side," you replied with the same cheesiness and he blinked a few times before giving you the biggest grin that he had. "Come on, are we going to have a staring contest or are we going to eat these chocolates?"

"Uh oh, don't think I'll let you eat those chocolates alone," he stole the one you were holding and popped it into his mouth. But then he sneezed again.

"Okay, big baby, I think it's enough fun for the day. We should go back and you should rest. Your allergy is getting worse," you grabbed the chocolate tray from his hands and put the rest into a plastic bag before pushing him to get out of the place despite his whining. "I'm not going anywhere, so we can go as many dates as you want after this," you assured him and he was content, grabbing your hand in his as you two walked back to his car. "And Gyeommie?" you paused to give him time to look at you. You quickly tiptoed and kissed his cheek, "Thank you for the date, I truly enjoy today." Oh, the blush on his face was worth it.