SHOES (JINYOUNG)

It will be similar to Jackson's.

"Wait, what?" you half-shouted when you heard it the first time.

"Geez, I said, the dresscode is formal attire. Which means, you have to wear dress and high heels," Jinyoung repeated as you stared at him dumbfoundedly. Judging by your expression, you had none of the things he mentioned. He sighed, "Please tell me you have at least a dress and a pair of high heels?"

You shook your head slowly and he groaned.

"Then we have to go shopping."

"Or, I could bail," you bargained. "That way, I don't have to buy dress nor high heels." You hoped he'd let you go, but no. He wouldn't let you get away from our own words.

"Nope. You said yourself that you will accompany me, so I'll hang on to your words. Shopping. No more protest," he sternly said. "When will you have your day off?"

"In two days, so.. Friday morning?"

"Okay. I'll clear my schedule then," he said before walking to the shoes cabinet and opened it. He frowned when he saw the inside. "Wait, I thought you've brought all of your stuff here?" he turned to see you. You agreed to move in with him and you've brought all of your stuff earlier that week, but he wasn't at home so he didn't see when you filled the house with your stuff.

"Yeah, I did, why?"

"There's nothing else in this cabinet aside from your sneaker and a pair of sandal. And a pair of boot for winter," he listed all of your stuff in the cabinet with puzzled face.

"Yep. That's all," you said, still not sure why he looked puzzled.

"Are you seriously? I even have more shoes that you!" he exclaimed.

"I have what I need," you shrugged. "It'll be a waste if I bought more shoes but never wore it."

He couldn't say anything and just shook his head.

"What's wrong with shoes? I thought girls love shoes." Later that night he pried about the topic again as you lay in bed, ready to end the day.

"Well, I like shoes, but I also know that I won't have the chance to wear them, so it'll be a waste. That's why I stopped buying them unless I really need them." He turned on his side to face you and stayed silence, as if he was telling you to keep on going.

"Have you seen me at work?" you asked and he nodded, still not sure where the conversation was going.

"Then you'd see that there are all kinds of patient that came into the ER. All shapes and sizes," you kept on going. "So sometimes they would be clean, but sometimes it will be bloody. Sometimes the patient will just bleed a little, but sometimes the blood will be so much that it starts dripping on the floor. Sometimes it will get to my shoes as well," you looked up to see that Jinyoung still had his eyes on you. You continued telling him that it wouldn't just blood that ended up on your shoes. Sometimes it would be puke. Sometimes it would be piss or other form of bodily fluid. Whatever it was, it was hard to keep your shoes clean for the whole shift. That's why you learned from early days that as long as they were comfortable, you had no other requirements for your shoes.

"Is it impossible to wash off? The blood, I mean," you were surprised that he continued asking questions out of curiousity.

"Blood is the hardest one, but puke and piss' scent lasted longer. And it will be worse as I can't wash it off right away. I didn't know how to clean it up the first time, the blood, I mean. But then, when I started to work at the ER, one of the nurse told me how to, and since then, it was easy to clean the blood."

You were surprised when he dragged you to the shopping mall on your free day. You thought he would just buy you something or asked his manager to buy you one.

"Ugh, why do we have to shop ourselves? Are you sure it will be okay? Won't you be spotted by fans this way?" you bombarded him with questions and he threatened to kiss you if you didn't stop talking, so you did. He never threw empty threats, so considering you were in public spaces, you'd better stop talking. You two walked to the first store and you didn't see anything that caught your eyes. That happened again at the second store and the third store.

"Gee, can't you just ask your manager to find one? He'll know what you're going to wear anyway, so he can match it. And you know my size already," you started to whine and he started to glare at you so you shut your mouth again. "Why don't we find a dress first then the shoes? I think it'll be quicker that way." You were lucky he agreed with you. You started to look around for dress. It was easier since Jinyoung would be wearing a dark suit, so you could pick any colors and he could match your dress easily. You decided to go with a maroon long dress. It had a halter neck and empire waist line that made you look taller. Since the dress was dark, you got more options with the shoes. Jinyoung agreed with your dress choice so you only needed to find the shoes. But it took longer than expected. You two decided to eat dinner first before continuing your search. Jinyoung treated you with a good pasta, so you felt a bit happier and focused on finding shoes more. You were going through the fifth store when your eye caught something. It was a simple champagne gold sandal with straps and a few beads as decoration. The heels were probably about 5 centimeters, so you could handle them well. It wasn't that extravagant, but you never liked something fancy anyway. Jinyoung was quick to notice your gaze and immediately asked the shop assistant to find one in your size. You tried it on and looked at your reflection in the mirror and just right then you knew, it was the right one. Jinyoung looked at it as well and he agreed that it suited you. You were relieved that you were able to finish your quest that day.

"I think I won't do any shopping again anytime soon," you massaged your tired legs when you finally got back to the apartment. Jinyoung chuckled at your pout and promised to massage your tired legs after you took a bath. You dashed to the bathroom in lightning speed so he wouldn't have time to change his mind.

"You should get used to it, you know," he started while massaging your calves, looking up to see you raised your eyebrow. "Shopping, I mean."

"Why? Don't you say that you don't like when Bambam shops too long?"

"Well, that's Bambam. You're different. You should get used to shopping. You'd have to accompany me again, and not just this once."

"Ugh, can't I wear it again? Or maybe rent it next time?" he scoffed at your idea.

"Come on, what will people think then? Maybe I can ask for the brand for sending you the dress, but for shoes, you should start to buy some more. We still have enough space for your shoes. You've heard the saying right? Good shoes will bring you to good places."

"I don't need good shoes to bring me to good places. I have you already," you said, ending the discussion for once and all.