HICCUPS IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER (JACKSON)

Jackson has taken every measure possible to lessen your workload ever since he found out about the pregnancy. He couldn't do anything about your workload at the hospital, but he made sure you didn't even need to move a finger in the house. He hired an aunty to clean up the house as well as to do the cooking. Whenever he was home, he'd carry you around even though you've asked him not to. You could still walk just fine, but he turned deaf every time you voiced out your disapproval. He was even hiring your old bodyguard back to watch over you whenever he wasn't here with you.

You were against the idea at first, but when he got no choice but to be back in China for his activities there, so  you agreed to it. Luckily your old bodyguard were looking for a job and she didn't hesitate to take the offer, even it meant she had to travel all the way from China to Korea. You were glad to find an old friend. She might be a bodyguard on his payroll, but you two bonded more like friends back then. Finding out that you were pregnant again, she promised Jackson to keep an eye even closer now.

You were sitting in the dining room to eat your breakfast. Ever since the pregnancy, you started to eat breakfast regularly. Everything felt normal at first, but then you felt a knot in your lower abdomen. But it went away after a while. Today was your appointment day, so you thought you'd ask about it later when you saw your OBGYN. You felt another pang in the same spot later that day, when you were just finished your surgery. This time it felt more painful than the first one. When you went to the restroom, you noticed there were some bloodspots on your underwear.

Blood drained from your face when you saw that. You knew that could be signs of miscarriage. You immediately asked the other doctors to take over your afternoon surgeries, telling them that you felt unwell and cleared your schedule for the rest of the day. You called the OBGYN to ask for earlier appointment if there was any spot and you were lucky. There was one in an hour and you took it. You had no choice but to inform your bodyguard about the situation and asked her to grab a wheelchair when you had to go to the outpatient clinic. You knew well you weren't supposed to walk around in that condition. She called Jackson immediately to inform the situation but she told him not to worry as everything was still under control, you would see the doctor anyway, so there was no point for him to rush to the airport just yet.

You saw the OBGYN nervously. You were worried that you would lose the baby again this time. Your OBGYN knew your history well, and after she heard all your report regarding today's situation and checked the baby condition, she told you to call Jackson so she could explain the situation to both of you.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Wang," your OBGYN started. "I'm here with Ellie as well, so I can explain the situation to both of you. I have good news and not so good news. Which one do you want to hear first?" she paused to let Jackson pick and he picked to her the not so good news first.

"The not so good news is, her uterus is quite weak, so I'll give her medication to help with that problem, but for the next two weeks, I have no choice but to put her under strict bed rest," she paused and you couldn't help but groan. It felt like a punishment for you but you knew well you had to, for the baby. You promised Jackson that you would tell the department about your condition and asked for two weeks off as requested by the OBGYN.

"After two weeks, I'll evaluate the situation again. She'll need full bed rest for the rest of her first trimester if the condition didn't get better," she continued.

"Okay," you heard Jackson saying on the other end. "Is that all?"

"Yes. That's about the not so good news. So now, moving on to the good news," again she paused, making both of you waited nervously. "Congratulations, you're having a twins." You heard nothing from Jackson for a few seconds before you heard his high-pitched laugh.

"Seriously?" you heard him asking in disbelief and the OBGYN assured him that there were two sacs and showed you the sonogram so you could see it yourself.

"We'll have to wait though to find out the gender, but you're definitely having a twins," she assured Jackson and you could hear excitement in his voice.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe it. We're really having a twins!" he started to freak out and you decided to end the call as his voice was getting louder. You thanked the OBGYN before leaving the room and let your bodyguard pushed the wheelchair out of the room. Later she informed you that Jackson would be flying back to Korea that night so he'd be home the next day. He couldn't wait to celebrate the good news as well as made sure that you really stayed in bed as instructed.