A SERIES - MARK

"No way.. I don't think he even knows my name," you said, dismissing the theory that your bestfriend just told you. You secretly hoped that it was true, but you knew, it was a very slim chance that Mark knew you, moreover had feelings for you.

"Seriously! I told you. I think Mark hyung likes you," Jaebeom insisted.

"Come on, oppa.. Stop leading me! You knew that I like Mark oppa, don't make me act like a fool in front of him because of your theory just now," you pouted when Jaebeom kept pestering you about Mark.

"Okay fine, if you don't trust me, then I have the perfect plan to show you everything I've told you just now," Jaebeom persisted. He gestured you to lower your head and he whispered his plan real quick.

Your eyes widened when you heard the whole plan, "Ain't that will backfire at me if he didn't have any feelings for me? Or if he's not sure about his feelings?"

"Trust me, he won't. He'll do something about it. I know Mark hyung," Jaebeom was confident of his plan. You hoped that it would really work just as planned, or it would be a disaster for you.

You and Jaebeom were best friends. Yeah sure, so many people saw that it was impossible. True though, you had feelings for him for a bit back then. But as time went by, you realized you two were better off as best friends rather than lovers. You moved to Korea because of your father's work needed him to move a lot, but he was stationed in Korea quite for some time, so this time you had the time to make friends. Even though you were a year younger, due to administration mishap and the difference in school's starting point, somehow you got into the same class as Jaebeom. At first, you were scared of him, but later, when you found out how he was a crazy cat lady, everything became history. You two became best friends in no time. Though your mother was disappointed when you declared that you two had no future together. 

Then Mark came around high school. He was a transferee and again, due to the same mishap, he got into the same class as you, even though he was older. The teacher appointed you to accompany Mark, especially since he wasn't used to the neighbourhood and stuff. You found Mark was awfully quiet, but you liked the company. It was quite different from the bunch that used to hang out with you and Jaebeom. Even though you couldn't deny how good looking Mark is, it wasn't the only reason you had crush on him. You found out later that Mark was very attentive. He noticed when you were hungry but forgot to bring any money, and without saying anything, he gave you some bread to eat. He even helped you once when you were walking home and some gang from the other school stopped you on your way and ended up teasing you. Only God knows what they were planning to do since they couldn't do it when Mark came to the scene. He didn't even need to say anything and the boys cancelled their plan. You were grateful when he accompanied you back home that day.

Jaebeom asked you to meet him at the basketball court later that day. Up until today, Mark didn't know that you were best friends. Yeah, he knew that you hung out with Jaebeom sometimes, but he didn't know how close you two were. You begged Jaebeom to go away when Mark was around and luckily he complied. Mark wasn't the one to tune in into school gossips either, so the fact that you two knew each other was unknown to him. You raised your eyebrow as you came to the court. Jaebeom was playing basketball on his own, trying to shoot three shooters but failed numerous times. You were about to mock him when you heard something. Skateboard's sound. You turned your head to see Mark was coming on his skateboard. He didn't seem to acknowledge your presence. He just stopped at the other side of the court and sat on his skateboard, whipping out his phone from his pocket and fiddling with it. Maybe he was playing some games like he used to, or texting someone. You were about to walk to him when Jaebeom stopped in front you. You frantically tried to send him telephatic signs for him to back off, but he just grinned, sending you another telephatic message, telling you to trust him.

"Do you want to play basketball with me?" he asked rather loudly. You rolled your eyes at Jaebeom as you knew Mark would certainly heard him. "Come on, I'm bored playing by myself." You said nothing and your eyes kept going back and forth between Jaebeom and Mark. What was Jaebeom trying to do? Was he trying his plan right now?

"Are you shy?" you heard Jaebeom asked again, grinning wickedly and you seriously wanted to kick him on his balls. If Mark didn't have any feelings for you, then everything would be a waste. But if he did, it could be messy if Mark thought you were with Jaebeom. You scolded Jaebeom with your eyes but he kept grinning, as if telling you that everything would go as planned. True enough, you started to see Mark standing up from his spot and walked toward the both of you without hesitation. You looked up at him before he grabbed your hand and dragged you away from Jaebeom without saying anything. You couldn't help but smiling and blushed when he suddenly turned his head around to see your reaction. Jaebeom was right, Mark did have feelings for you.

Mark's POV

What's with Jaebeom now? Why is he asking me to go the court? It's not like I hang out with him that often. Mark was about to decline the request but he changed his mind when Jaebeom mentioned that you might be there as well. He didn't know that you two were close enough. He never saw you hanging out with Jaebeom, but then again, he was a newbie. Maybe you were closer to Jaebeom than himself. He started to curse. If Jaebeom had feelings for you, then he would surely lose. He just knew you for three months. Mark rode his skateboard to the court and saw from his peripheral vision that you sat on the bench near the court while Jaebeom was playing by himself. He decided to plop on his skateboard and waited. He overheard Jaebeom asking you to play. He tried to distract himself by pulling his phone.

Should I ask her out? Or not? He kept writing empty message on his phone and deleted it again.

"Are you shy?" he heard Jaebeom asking you again. He glanced up and decided that he should make a move. It's now or never. He walked toward you and grabbed your hand without saying anything. He just walked away but the curiosity got the best of him. Would you be angry since he messed your conversation with Jaebeom? Or would you be grateful that he saved you from Jaebeom? He turned around just in time to see you blush. He smiled a little. You had the same feelings. He wanted to flip there and then, but he kept it inside. He just kept walking while still holding your hand tight. No way I'm letting this hand go now.