WE GOT MARRIED (BAMBAM) - PT.4

Photoshoot

The crew was satisfied with the footage from Thailand but they wanted the two of you to have more times together, just the two of you. So they asked you to do a photoshoot with him for an advertisement. That was the exact opposite of your intention. After you got back from Thailand, you knew that you had to put some distance so you wouldn't fall for him anymore, but it was impossible to do so. After that trip, suddenly he wasn't that busy anymore. You saw him several times in the apartment already, especially when he was playing with his cats. You remembered the first time he saw you barefaced. You thought he wouldn't be home until late at night since he usually spent his time working at his studio, but no, he had to be home that day. You were stunned when he went out of his room and you wanted to run away to hide your face but he was fast to grab your hand.

"Come on, until when are you planning to hide? We'll live together for a month, so it's bound for me to find your bare face, so just stop hiding. If it's any consolation, I think you're pretty, with or without makeup." Okay, that's not helping at all. Just be quiet, heart. You're not supposed to react like this. He's just being nice. He's nice to everyone and you have to live with him for a month, so of course he's saying nice stuff to you, you kept reminding yourself. 

"Um," you pulled your hand from his grab, "Okay." All the time you kept your gaze on the floor, anywhere, as long as it wasn't on his face.

"Do you want to play with the cats? It will give you the chance to know them better," he continued.

"Um... ," you couldn't finish your sentence because just the other day you were scared of his cats. You were out of your room and the lights in the living room were turned off already so it was dark, and one of his cats slipped out from his room and walked around the living room. It scared you a lot when you saw a pair of eyes lit in the dark. You almost screamed but stopped halfway when you remembered that it was King.

"Come on," he didn't wait for your answer and started pulling your hand. He gave you one of the cat toys and taught you how to play with them. It was easy with Cupcake, but you still had that scared feeling when you played with the rest of them. Soon, you were okay with them and vice versa and he even let the cats roamed around the house now that you were okay with them.

Back to the photoshoot, you could see him being friendly with everyone on set. He bought coffee for everyone and you could see the set was brighter because of him. He joked a lot and he made everyone felt better. He even played a lot with his stylist and makeup artist as they did his hair and makeup. You could hear their laugh from across the room. Not only that, he helped the staff carrying the props for the photoshoot. He told the staff that he could use the exercise since he couldn't go to the gym. You knew it was just an excuse so other people didn't feel bad when he helped them.

"Bammie, it's okay.. I can bring it myself," you heard one of the staff tried to grab the pile of clothes from Bambam's arms but he was taller than her. He lifted the pile of clothes higher than her reach.

"It's okay noona, just hold the door for me. It's just a short distance anyway," he shrugged and the staff had no other option but to oblige. You felt a pang in your heart when you saw him being nice to everyone. Not that you didn't know that before, but still, watching it with your own eyes was different. That was why you shouldn't let yourself falling for him. He was just your pretend husband. He was being nice at you, just like to the other people around him. You dragged your feet toward the set as they were calling for you already and forced a smile throughout the photoshoot. But that didn't stop you from flinching when you felt his hand on your back, or when you felt him standing too close.

Bambam's POV

I didn't know what was going on in her head. She seemed distant today. This photoshoot was supposed to give us more time together, but it didn't seem to work. I didn't know what I did wrong. It was frustrating. I tried to make jokes to lighten up the situation but she just gave me small smile. Not her usual big smile that showed all her teeth, the one that made her eyes turn crescent. I hated this situation. I made everyone else on set laughing, but the one person that I wanted to laugh didn't. Hell, she even flinched when I touched her. Did I read her wrong? Did she hate me that much? Did I make a mistake? There was a battle in my mind that I barely noticed my surrounding. But from the side of my eyes, I saw some shadow covering her and it was getting bigger. When I turned my head to get a better look, the lamp post that was used as props in the shooting was somehow tumbled and judging by the projection, it would hit her and she didn't realize it. I reacted quickly, grabbing her as fast as I could and I heard a loud thud as the lamp post hit the floor, just seconds away after I grabbed her. If I couldn't reach her in time, she'd be crushed under it.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, eyeing her up and down to see if there was any scratch or bruises on her and saw her face turn pale. She just nodded, still shocked from the incident and without thinking twice I hugged her, resting my chin on top of her head. "Oh thank God, you're okay," I rubbed her back up and down to soothe her and felt her tense under my caress. Seconds later I realized what I was doing and released her immediately. Both our faces were red. "I'm sorry," I mumbled, scratching the back of my head, what was I thinking? We're on a photoshoot set, for God's sake. "I'm glad you're okay," I added and turned my heels around and walked away quickly, hoping that she didn't hear my racing heartbeat earlier.