DELIVERY DAY (JACKSON)

You were in your last trimester right now. You have been taking it slow and didn't exert yourself. You managed to go back to your work without anymore glitch. However, as you went into the last trimester, your OBGYN had asked you about your delivery plan. Obviously you had to choose surgery to deliver the twins, but she was asking about where you were going to give birth at. She knew both of you had family in China, so she thought you would want to go back there in your last trimester to be with your family. But you both decided to just stay in Korea. Jackson's mom would fly over to Korea when the surgery's schedule was fixed.

As for you, you would just send pictures to the family's messaging group. Sophie told you she might visit after you gave birth. You knew it was a challenge to keep the twin inside as long as possible as usually twins didn't stay inside as long as a single fetus. But so far, you were doing okay. You just had to keep them inside for another two weeks so their lungs would develop fully. Saying that you were worried was an understatement. You started to have bad thoughts about the twins. Though Jackson assured you numerous times that they would be okay, but you knew that Jackson had his own worries. He just didn't want you to dwell in those bad thoughts as it might affected the twins.

You only had one surgery today. You were lucky your colleagues understood your predicament and were willing to share your workload. You also had Seonyoung that kept an eye on you even though she denied it. You knew that she sometimes talked to your bodyguard to check your condition and vice versa. You were suspicious that Seonyoung asked some nurses in the OR to watch over you but you never figured out which one that helped her. You only suspected because you saw her ate lunch with some nurses in the cafetaria for several times already.

You shifted your weight for a bit as you started to feel your legs getting numb for standing for so long. You couldn't even see your feet anymore since your belly has grown so big. It was understandable though. You were carrying two babies inside, so obviously you would be larger than other pregnant women. You almost finished the surgery when you felt tightness in your stomach. This week was your 35th week. You managed to pass the required time for the babies' lungs to be mature. You felt uneasy immediately. You knew it was natural to get Braxton Hicks around this time of the pregnancy, but something told you that this one was different. Your residence noticed the change in your expression and ordered a nurse to get a chair for you to sit down.

You sat down but the contraction didn't subside. You decided to ask for help. You told the nurse to call for another consultant to supervise the surgery and let your residence to finish up. Then you called your OBGYN, which luckily was in the hospital as well. She immediately rushed to see you in the OR. You called your bodyguard next to inform about the situation and told her to call for Jackson.

Your OBGYN arrived just when you just finished your last phone call. She checked on your condition and asked for an empty bed for you to rest. After observing your condition for half an hour, she decided that you were possibly in labor. She decided to do the surgery then and there. Luckily Jackson had finished his schedule and was on his way to the hospital. He talked to your OBGYN and asked her to wait for him to arrive, but your OBGYN couldn't promise that and told him to hurry. Jackson understood and asked her to just do what was best for the twins.

The nurse changed your clothes and then brought you to the empty OR and everything else went as usual. The usual view that you saw in the OR, with the nurse running around prepping for the equipments and the anesthesiologist checked on you before administering the anesthetic drug. Only this time, you were in the patient bed.

"Ellie, we have to start the surgery now," your OBGYN told you after she checked the twins condition for the last time. "Tell her husband that I'm starting the surgery now," she told the nurse to contact Jackson. She did as requested but then you heard his ringtone and the next thing was Jackson running into the OR, already in scrubs, rushing to your side.

"I'm here.. I'm here," he grabbed your hands, squeezing it lightly and you felt better. He was here, by your side.

"Okay then, I'm starting now," your OBGYN informed. Jackson didn't dare to look at the other side and just whispered soothing words to you, holding your hands tight during the whole procedure. Then you felt something being pulled out from your tummy and you heard your OBGYN shouted, "Congratulations you two, your firstborn is boy," she said, handing the baby to one of the nurse that brought the baby to the incubator as the pediatrician checked his condition. You heard the baby started to cry and you puffed out a big breath that you've been holding on for awhile. Then your OBGYN announced your daughter's birth and soon her cry was heard throughout the OR. You felt a tear escaping your eyes and Jackson kissed it away.

"You're doing great.. Thank you for being strong this time. Our babies are here," he said softly, his own eyes were filled with tears as he smiled back at you.

"Congratulations, these are your babies," one of the nurse interrupted you to show you the babies.

"They are pretty.. Just like you," Jackson whispered and kissed your forehead once more. No words could describe your feelings when you saw them. You finally got something that you never had before. A family.