COMPETITION (GOT7) - pt. 2

a/n: hi everyone, sorry, but i've edited this story as i think it's a bit unfair for some of them. i don't write much about them so i decided to tweak the story a little. but it won't change the main idea of the story. hope you don't mind ..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaebeom started a short explanation and then proceeded to pull you into the frame, "And everyone, this is our lucky fan. We will give her surprises and she will have to pick which one she likes best and go on a date with one of us tomorrow. And now, noona," he pulled your shoulder gently before nudging you to sit around the island and served the kimchi-jjigae that he cooked earlier. "It's your turn to taste the kimchi-jjigae. Your favorite, right?"

You nodded as you didn't think much when he announced that he would cook kimchi-jjigae. You were sure there were a lot of people that picked kimchi-jjigae as their favorite food, so you had no idea that they would pick you. You eyed him once more before tasting the kimchi-jjigae, because you knew what Jaebeom's cooking skill was like. But he keep staring at you, prompting you to put the spoon into your mouth. You sighed a small breath and shoved the spoon inside your mouth, bracing for the worst, but once the food was in your mouth, your face changed. It didn't taste as bad as you thought it would, so you relaxed considerably.

Jaebeom saw the change in your expression, a smile broke on his face and asked, "Is it good? It's good, isn't it?" He started to look proud as he managed to make one edible dish and you rolled your eyes before admitting that his food was 'okay' and 'edible'. Jinyoung scoffed upon hearing your feedback and teased Jaebeom because of it.

"Be prepared to lose hyung.. your food is just mediocre."

Jaebeom shoved Jinyoung's shoulder playfully before giving up his space to Jinyoung and gestured to you to sit tight as they would film right away. The staff gave you a glass of water to drink and the stylist retouched your makeup before the camera started rolling again. When the filming resumed, Jinyoung explained that he knew you were a sweet tooth so he decided to bake a cake, one of your favorites. Again, there were many people that like dessert, especially chocolate so you didn't think that it could be you. Anyway, Jinyoung let out a sigh of relief when you sliced the cake and the inner part melted perfectly. He waited with bated breath when you scooped some of the cake along with some ice cream and tasted it.

You almost moaned when you tested the chocolate and vanilla ice cream. The chocolate flavor was rich and the vanilla ice cream balanced the bitterness from the chocolate with some sweetness. It was like dancing in your mouth and it didn't take long for you to finish the whole plate. "Look, hyung..," he taunted Jaebeom once more. "Noona looks like she's about to lick the plate clean, which means, mine tastes better than yours."

Jaebeom pouted and you blushed while trying hard to keep your face neutral. You didn't realize that you had finished the whole plate before remembering that there were still another five surprises to unfold so you had to remain neutral.

"Alright noona," Youngjae tapped your shoulder gently. "Now it's my turn and we're going to go somewhere else for a little while." You frowned as Youngjae explained his surprise. "Did you remember months ago when you told me about your desire to adopt a puppy?" He paused to give you time to think and you nodded. "Well, I'm taking you to a shelter so you can adopt one."

Your eyes widened in anticipation because you've been wanting to adopt a puppy for months, but you didn't know where to adopt from. You didn't want to get a sick puppy from a shady pet shop so you were asking around to make sure the place you adopted from was legit. Youngjae did promise to get back to you months before, but you thought he was too busy or he might forget it as he never got back to you so you didn't dare to ask him again. But apparently, he remembered and set this up as a surprise. To give Youngjae enough air time, both of you looked around the shelter and played with almost every dog there before deciding on which puppy to adopt. You decided to adopt a shiba inu and Youngjae gifted a dog collar for your new puppy. You thanked him for remembering your wish to adopt a puppy and made it come true.

The bell that was attached on top of the door rang to notify everyone inside that someone just walked past the front door. Everyone was relieved to find out that it was Mark and not some random person. Seeing that Youngjae had finished with his surprise, he whipped you off instantly as he insisted that his surprise was time-bound. Youngjae assured you that he would take care of your newly adopted dog, saying that he would take her play with Coco until you got back. After making sure that Youngjae was okay with taking care of your dog, you turned to face Mark. Again, he took you to somewhere else that he refused to tell you where during the whole trip. But when you finally stopped in the parking lot, you saw a big ferris wheel in the distance and you had a feeling that his surprise was related to the ferris wheel. And you were right. Mark admitted that he overheard you saying to someone that you thought riding the ferris wheel to see the sunset was romantic, so he wanted to give you that.

"Amusement park date is just so overrated," your friend ranted.

"Why?" you frowned as you thought it was cute and could be romantic.

"Every drama couples go to amusement park on their dates. And everyone else just copies it. No originality. Plus, won't it be such a waste for our hair and makeup? If it's a first date, obviously we will try to look our best, so we will put extra care into our hair and makeup," your friend started her explanation. "And our efforts will go in vain if we go to amusement park. Our hair will be messy because of those rides and then we will scream out of our lungs and the camera will capture us at our worst state, so no amount of makeup can save us. We try to look pretty, but at the end, we look horrible."

"But.. if you ride the ferris wheel, it will be romantic, especially during sunset...," you daydreamed.

"Yeah.. ," your friend rolled her eyes. "You watch too many dramas. The main actor paid so it will stop on top? Not gonna happen. Everyone tries that trick that no amusement park officers want to accept the money to comply with the request. It takes a lot of luck to be on top at the right moment," she said, crushing your hope.

You rode on some other rides first because it was still one hour before sunset. Again, luckily it was Mark that accompanied you, so you could ride anything. He was never one to back down, he agreed to ride on the pirate ship, even the rollercoaster, so you ended up having some fun at the amusement park before Mark dragged you to the ferris wheel when it was near sunset. The line to the ferris wheel was quite long so he was worried that you two couldn't make it in time to see the sunset from the top. You saw him slip some money to the operator and overheard him asking the operator to stop your cart when it reached the top so you could enjoy the sunset a bit longer and he did. You were surprised to see that the officer took the money and complied to the request without any protest. Maybe, your friend was wrong after all... Or maybe because it was Mark?

 Along the ride up Mark was nervous that it would get dark before your cart reached the top, but turned out it was perfect. The cloud was a mix of red, orange and yellow when you reached the top. It was like the clouds were painted by hands and it was beautiful. When you finally reached the top, the view caught your breath since it was too beautiful to describe and you were glad that Mark kept silent. As if he was giving you time to soak in that moment, capturing that view and storing it in your memory with no interruption. Again, you were forever grateful that it was Mark that accompanied you and not Jackson or Bambam, for they would surely ruin the moment by talking too much, or taking too many pictures. 

When you finally got back down, Bambam had waited at the bottom and was ready to whip you away again. He claimed that he would be your personal shopper for the day. You frowned as it wasn't the surprise that you were hoping for. It was just him enabling himself to shop and was just using you as an excuse. But he insisted that you needed the clothes for the surprise that Yugyeom and Jackson were planning.