EVERYDATE - JAEBEOM

You whined as your boyfriend dragged you out of bed. Today was Saturday and you wanted nothing more than sleeping all day. Sleep was your first love and Jaebeom often joked that he always lost to your bed even though he was your boyfriend. However, today he got the determination to drag you out of bed.

"Where are we going?" you asked as you finally sat in his car, squinting under the bright sunlight.

"You'll see. Nothing extreme, I promise," he quickly added, which wasn't necessary since you knew Jaebeom and extreme never went into the same sentence. That would be Bambam or Jackson. Since you were still sleepy, Jaebeom was kindly enough to let you continue to sleep in the car.

"We're here," you felt your shoulder shaken and the car has come into a halt. You walked out of the car and followed Jaebeom into some sort of bookstore? You were not sure since there were cushions all over the space while the wall was full with bookshelves just like a bookstore.

"Where are we?" you whispered as you were not sure whether it was a bookstore or a library. It would be too laxed for a library judging by the setting but it was unusual for a bookstore to provide cushions and seats for people to sit down and probably read.

"Book cafe," Jaebeom answered. "Have you never come into one?"

"No. I don't even know such things exist," you answered honestly. It was either library or a bookstore for you. He let you roam around the cafe, looking at the books provided with interest. He knew you were as much as a bookworm as him, that was why he dragged you into one. He tried to give you more options on your free days aside from your bedroom and he would probably success in his mission.

"Whoaa.. There are lots of books here," your eyes raked through the bookshelves, trying to find a book or two to read.

"They also have some manga, comic books," he added, worried that you weren't familiar with the term. "Anyway, you can only read it here. There are some cafes that allow you to borrow the books, but this one don't. You can sit wherever you like and read as long as you want, but you have to order some drinks and food while you were reading," he explained.

"We don't have to whisper here?" you whispered, worried that you would disturb the others though you didn't see anyone else at the moment.

"Um.. Not necessary. But clearly you can't laugh out loud while reading, no matter how funny your book is," he teased you. He knew for sure that sometimes you were too absorbed into reading and sometimes you let out a laugh when the book got funny, forgetting where you were. Though it was an amusing sight, he knew that it would embarrass you in public, so it was a fair warning.

After walking around for five minutes, you got back to Jaebeom, who has already got several books in his hands but still searched for more options. "Any recommendations? I'm lost in this sea of books," you inquired, hoping he could point you to some books to read for starters.

He smiled and grabbed your hands, "This one is good," he pulled out a book from the shelves and put it in your hand, "If you're into poetry, that is. But if you're looking for a novel," he started to walk to another bookshelves, "Then this might be a good option. This one is the first volume. I think there are two more volumes for this series. Let me know if you want to find the other two. Ah," he found another one in the next bookshelves. "This one is quite good as well. This one is also a poetry book," he kept piling the books in your arms. He put another two books into the pile in your arms as you two kept walking and only stopped when he turned his head to see your arms were full of books.

"Where's your favorite author's book? How come you didn't give me some of his books?" you grunted as he didn't let you borrow his books either. Well, it wasn't his fault entirely. Even though you two were bookworms, but you had a different style of reading. He didn't care if he folded the corner of his book to bookmark wherever he last read while you prefer your books in their pristine condition. No fold, no markings. Like brand new books. He liked to mark whatever phrase he liked and probably copied it into his small notebooks, while you flinched when you saw someone highlighted or scribbled on their books, except for textbooks. You were okay with highlighting and scribbling on textbooks, but not on other books. That was why he never lent you his books. You would end up nagging him if you saw his book's condition. It happened once and you two decided that it shouldn't be repeated.

"Oh, what's this?" you asked as you spotted a small corner with some kinds of DIY stuff on the table.

"I think you're welcome to make your own bookmark here," he answered after looking at the stuff carefully in front of him. "Do you want to make one?" he offered but you remembered your horrible DIY/art skill so you passed the chance. You brought all the books to the sofa and started to immerse in reading and so did Jaebeom. You two read in silence and only had a small break when the food and drink arrived.

"So, do you like it here?" he asked while trying to steal your food.

You swatted his hands before answering, "It's nice. But the books of your choice are quite heavy for me. Maybe I should just read the manga."

"I think I spotted some detective books over there," he pointed to another bookshelves as he knew you liked some good criminal stories. "Or if your brain refused to work completely, maybe you can find a few chicklit there, but I don't think they have that many here."

You chuckled as he he mentioned chicklit, as it was something that he would never read. Though you often made comments that he would make a good male lead character in a romance chicklit novel. Who wouldn't want a tall and good looking man, armed with broad shoulder and probably six packs abs, and the twin moles that made him look sexy and cute at the same time? Oh, and let's not forget about his eyesmile. You bet it would swoon all the female readers as they imagined him smiling at them.

You felt a knock on your head and it was Jaebeom, breaking your daydream, "What goes into that brain of yours?" he inquired as you unconsciously smiling at your thoughts about him as a leading character, but you wouldn't tell him that. You might or might not write some stories about him that you kept secret from him.

"Nothing," you quickly answered. It was suffice to say that after this date, he would regret his decision to bring you there as you have decided to make the cafe your second hole aside from your bedroom.