WE GOT MARRIED (BAMBAM) - PT.6

Birthday date

You started to react normally around him again after Jackson spilled his secret and you could see that he was genuinely happy when he found out that you didn't hate him. But you was still wary of your feeling. You knew this was just temporary so you couldn't risk your heart. You were back to your usual routine, training and practicing day after day. You still saw him in the apartment, but merely a goodbye when you left in the morning and a hello when he came back at night. If you had spare time, then you two could have breakfast together, but nothing more. You even helped him couple times to feed his cat and played with them when he got home late. You were practicing when your members were fussing over something. They dragged you to the couch on break time and pestered you, whether you were going to go on a date again with Bambam or not.

You shook your head, "No, the crew didn't say anything. I think we'd have enough footage already. Enough for two weeks, I mean." You just realized that you've spent two weeks with him. Your members seemed disappointed with your answer but said nothing when you inquired them. You were going to ask them again when your phone vibrated.

Be home at 7. We're leaving at 9. We're flying to Jeju tonight. It was Bambam. You frowned, the crew told you nothing about Jeju. But as you were about to reply him, your manager came and fetched you, telling you the same about Jeju.

"Why no one told me about this before?" you asked as he drove you back to your apartment.

"Well, it's a last minute request actually. I just found out about this an hour ago. You'll be away for two days and two nights, so pack up. The team will film you getting ready and take you to the airport, but I'll pick you up in two days," your manager told you when you arrived at the apartment and you nodded. Bambam was all ready when you arrived and was rather excited about the trip. Did he have something to do with the last minute arrangement?

You arrived late so you headed to the villa straight from airport and hit the bed. The next morning, Bambam woke you up and you ate breakfast together. He told you that you two were going to go around the island together, and they would film you two. Later, you would have a dinner date just the two of you. You raised an eyebrow at the plan as you didn't bring any dress with you. You didn't know that you would have a dinner.

"Don't worry about the outfit," he said, as if reading your mind. "It will be delivered here. Your dress and shoes," he added. "I just hope that it will fit."

Then the two of you spent all day venturing around the island. The crew decided to give you the camera so you two could go around yourself. When it was just the two of you, you forgot everything else and just enjoyed your time together with him. You felt relaxed as you forgot the pressure of the show and with his cheerful atittude, it was easy to go with the flow. You couldn't remember the last time you smiled and laughed as frequently as today. Later that night, you found a box sit on your bed in the villa. It was the dress and shoes that Bambam picked up for you. The dress was pretty, the champagne color looked great on you and the flowy material made it look dreamy. You curled and styled your hair and put on a light makeup. The shoes was a strappy gold high heel that made you almost reach his ear. Usually you were just barely past his shoulder. You checked your reflection in the mirror and you were satisfied with the result. Walking out to the living room, you felt nervous about his reaction. But the moment he laid his eyes on you, the nerve was gone.

"Damn.. You look good," he praised you when you appeared and checked you out, asking you to turn around a couple times so he could take a good look at you. He smiled brightly and you mirrored his expression.

"Where are we going?" you asked as he led you to the car, and no, he didn't drive.

"Secret," he added playfully and no matter how you tried to persuade him, he shut his mouth close. For a spoiler king, he surely could zip his mouth now. Apparently he took you to dinner. They set a table for two and decorated the place with fairy lights. You could hear the sound of the waves crashing but it was dark so you couldn't see the sea. The weather was perfect to dine outdoor and you were curious the reason you two had to go to Jeju just for dinner.

"You don't remember what day is today?" he raised his eyebrow when you asked what was the occasion that you had to fly to Jeju for a dinner date. The wheel in your brain started to turn and you gasped when you realized the answer to his question. You looked up and saw him grin at you, clicking his finger and seconds later, a waiter showed up with a cake on her hand. It had one candle and you could see the writing on the cake, Happy birthday! You forgot your own birthday. Bambam was singing happy birthday as best as he could and clapped noisily before forcing you to make a wish and blew the candle. The waiter then put the cake on the table and vanished again, giving you some privacy. He produced a black velvet box from his pocket and he was about to say something when...

Bambam's POV

Damn, she looked gorgeous tonight. The dress fit her just fine and it accentuated her curve. The material gave the dreamy look that I tried to achieve and the shoes complemented the look. She did a good job in styling her hair and the makeup was perfect. I couldn't hold my tongue when I saw her and shamelessly checking her out when she showed up. The dinner went perfectly and I couldn't believe that she forgot her own birthday. I just found out about it yesterday morning and luckily the crew was cooperative enough with my request. 

I told them I wanted to surprise her so we arranged the Jeju trip in a haste. But everything went as planned and I was beyond happy when she liked all the surprise. She closed her eyes when she made her wish and blew the candle. The waiter then left to give us some privacy and I turned off the camera when she wasn't looking. I took out her gift from my pocket and was about to say something when my phone rang. It was my mom. I shot an apologetic look and showed her my phone display, "Sorry, I have to take this. It's my mom."

"Oh, it's okay," she quickly replied.

"What is it mom?" I asked once I accepted the call.

"Put the phone away from your ear, boy! This is a video call," my mom scolded me in Thai and I hurriedly pull the phone away and saw her face on the display. "I heard your wife's birthday is today," she continued. I sighed, she spent too much times on SNS that she managed to find out about it quickly. "Are you with her right now?"

"Yeah, I am," I answered back in Thai. "Why?" She then demanded to see her so I walked over behind her seat and put the phone in front of us so her face was shown and trapped her in my embrace at the same time and my mom smiled brightly when she saw her face before congratulating her in Thai. "Mom.. Mom.. Slow down...," I stopped her as she was talking too fast. "I need to translate you, so slow down." She obeyed so I translated and soon enough I became a translator for my wife and my mom. I started to regret taking her call. Now she invaded my date and I haven't even given her my gift yet. I decided to end the call, "Mom, we'd like to talk some more, but it's late already. We should go back to the villa."

"Oh well, okay then. I hope you enjoy your birthday," my mom said, "And Bambam, what's with the credit card bills? Are you buying another watch?" she pointed to the credit card bills and showed it to the camera and my face turned red. I pulled the phone away from her sight and there was no way I would tell my mom what the bill was about.

"Nooo.. I'm not buying another watch," I quickly answered.

"Then what is it for?" my mom pestered but I quickly ended the call after mumbling that I would explain to her later. I took a deep breath before turning to face her again. "Okay, where were we?" my gaze fell to the black velvet box on the table and I remembered that I was supposed to give her her gift. "Oh yeah, your gift," I gave her the box and she froze.

"For me?" her eyes widened as she accepted the box.

"Yeah, open it," I encouraged her and she opened it slowly. It was agonizingly slow. I tried to read her face, but she just froze. "You don't like it, do you?" my face fell.

"Noooo...," she quickly interrupted my thought and I looked up to see her bright smile. "It's too pretty. Are you sure it's okay?"

"Yeah, of course," I beamed. "Here, let me help you." She turned her back on me and lifted her hair so I could put the necklace on her neck before she turned around again. "It looks pretty on you."

We spent the next few minutes in silence as she admired her new necklace and I enjoyed the view in front of me, until she had to say it.

"The credit card bill, it's for my gift, isn't it?" she asked and I groaned. My mom had to embarrass me and stole my best moments.