WE GOT MARRIED (YUGYEOM) PT.4

Storm

You were beat from today's rehearsal. With the comeback getting near, the practice was harder than ever. You didn't even bother to check whether Yugyeom was home or not. You just went straight to the bathroom to wash up and then sprawled on your bed, landing on the dreamland minutes after. You didn't hear Yugyeom coming back home nor the rain that started pouring outside. Yugyeom called out for you when he was home, but you didn't answer him. He checked your room to see you sleeping soundly, so he retreated and burried himself in the studio as well. You didn't know how many hours have passed when you stirred in your sleep. You saw it was dark outside already and you tried to find your phone or your watch to check the time. It was past 2 AM and the rain was still pouring. It was even pouring harder, with the lightning and the thunder striking in full mode. You were not a fan of the storm, especially the harder one like this. But usually you could still keep on sleeping as long as you didn't stir in your sleep. But that wasn't the case if you were awaken. You wouldn't able to sleep again if you woke up in the middle of the storm.You felt a bit thirsty so you sat on the bed, trying to gather yourself before standing up to go to the kitchen. But when you just managed to stand up, the thunder was even louder than before, even you could swear your window sill vibrated from the thunder. It was extremely loud and deafening that you jumped scared and unconsciously screaming. You squatted, your head ducked in between your knees, hands covering your ears. The thunder was still striking every few seconds with deafening sound that you didn't hear Yugyeom came rushing to the room, opening the door in a haste.

"Noona! Are you okay?" he looked worried when he saw you squatting by the bed with your head in between your knees. He rushed over to your side, hands over your shoulder, making you to look up and realized his presence in your room.

"Gyeommie," you lunged yourself into him, hugging him tight, burying your face in his chest. He was taken aback by the sudden contact, but he hugged you back, rubbing his hand up and down your back, trying to soothe you.

"It's okay.. I'm here.. don't worry," he kept repeating the words into your ears. You pulled back after awhile, feeling embarrassed as you remembered you were the one that initiated the contact. He looked down at your face, "Are you okay?"

You nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. It's the storm. The thunder was so loud that it scared me."

He ruffled your hair, "And I thought you'd be braver than me," he teased you lightly. "Come on, get back to bed." He pulled you up before lifting your blanket so you could slipped under it. But then you remembered that you were going to get a drink.

"Um, actually I was going to drink before the thunder freaked me out," you flinched when the thunder struck again and he immediately covered your ears.

"Okay, let's go, I'll accompany you," he said, taking your hand in his and dragged you to the kitchen and waited patiently until you finished before accompanying you back to your room. You then noticed his hair was still intact, no sign that he was asleep before.

"Gyeommie, were you awake until now? Are you still working?" you were worried that he would overworked himself to the point of exhaustion.

"Ah.. I was in the studio and got lost track of time. But I've finished. I was saving my work when I heard your scream. I thought something bad happened so I came here rushly." He repeated his earlier gesture and you hesitated as the storm was still in full swing.

"Um, Gyeommie..," you hesitated.

"What is it?"

"Can you ..," you closed your eyes as you couldn't see him when you made your request, "Can you please sleep here?" you said it quickly. He blinked before smiling at you.