YOU'VE BEEN MATCHED (JACKSON) - pt. 3

Soulmate AU – last strike

"Everyone, please check your belongings once again. Make sure you don't leave anything behind," our team leader reminded all of us once again. Today was the last day. We finally finished our volunteer work and today we would go back to South Korea. Though you were grateful for the opportunity to go abroad, doing work/travel thing at once, you were excited to go back home. You missed your family but you would jump at another opportunity if it ever arise again. You loaded your luggage to the back of the van when your friend asked you, "Have you narrowed down the people you encountered during the last two chances that you missed?" She remembered that you missed your soulmate, twice. She suggested that you tried to remember the faces that you encountered twice, but you came up empty. But you weren't sure though. The guy that you bumped into the last time, you couldn't catch his face clearly, so there was a possibility that he might be the one. But it would be hard to be sure since you didn't see his face clearly.

You shook your head, "No, though I suspected it might be the guy that I bumped into last time. I didn't catch his face clearly, so it might be him."

"That's a bummer," your friend sympathized with you. "Anyway, you should keep your eyes open. Who knows? Maybe you'll bump into him at the airport today."

You sighed. The airport. The place where there were a lot of people. If your soulmate were there as well, it would be difficult to notice him among the sea of people. It would be easier to miss him rather than to find him. You didn't feel confident at all and rather prepared yourself for losing your soulmate for the next 5-10 years if you missed your last chance today. If he would appear today, that is. You hoped that he wouldn't appear today though, so you would have bigger chance in spotting him.

But, apparently luck wasn't on your side. You were hoping that there wouldn't be many people at the airport, but no, there was a huge crowd around the entrance. You spotted some reporters, so you wondered whether there was a celebrity nearby. During your LA short trip, you didn't encounter any celebrity, so you were excited if you could meet one. Then you spotted some fans, holding up some signs. You tried to read the name written on the sign. It was not easy to read as they used glittery and shiny letters, but you managed to read, Jackson Wang. Wait, Jackson again? What were the odds? You were at the airport when he left South Korea and then you were back at the airport again just in time for him to leave LA? That was a weird coincidence.

You craned your neck trying to see whether he has arrived at the airport yet or not, but you saw nothing but people's head. Your friend called you to go to the check in counter as you were allowed to check in. You were pulling your luggage when suddenly a rush of people coming from your left and they were running past you while you were trying to walk forward. You froze on your spot since the sea of people was difficult to cut through, so you hoped that once they went past you, you'd be able to walk through them. But apparently you were trapped. People kept coming and the crowd was getting bigger. You tried to walk your way through them, asking permission every few steps and earning glares from them as they though you were cutting their way.

You almost reached the end of the crowd when one guy got pushed forward and stumbled over your luggage. You got pulled backward and your feet tripped over other people's feet and you were falling halfway when someone gripped your wrist and yanked you back upright. You turned your head to see your saviour and stared at a guy that had an orange beanie on his head, sunglasses covering his eyes and he wore colorful patterned oversize shirt over an equally colorful printed baggy pants.

"You okay?" his voice was low and raspy and you realized that he was still holding your wrist, sending shiver down your spine. You were about to answer him when both your phone beeped.