EVERYDATE - JINYOUNG

"Oppa, can you bring that box inside?" you used your chin to point toward the box as you struggled with several other boxes in your arm. You were moving to a new apartment in such a bad time, cue the covid, hence you had to do all the moving yourself. You were lucky that your boyfriend didn't have to go to his company so he could help you. You put all the boxes on the floor and started ordering your boyfriend to help you unpack all your stuff. Luckily you didn't have that much so he was willing to help.

"Where do you want me to put these?" he was holding several picture frames, waiting for your instruction but as you looked around your apartment, you saw that you were running out of flat surface for them.

"Let's put them aside for now," you decided and started to unbox other stuff.

"Hey, you get this small table," your boyfriend picked up a box and you could see the picture of the small table at the front of the box and you remembered that you bought maybe two or three of them.

"Yeah, but it's DIY. I don't think I have the right tool to assemble them," you answered.

"Don't worry, let me get my tools real quick," he went out of the door real quick and several minutes later, he came back with some tools in his hand.

"What are those?" you stopped unboxing your stuff and walked to his side and watched him work.

"This," he waved the tool in his hand, "is a portable screwdriver. An electric one. If you haven't got one of this, I'll get you one later. This is time saver and you'll definitely need it. With this, you can screw and unscrew without dropping a sweat. Just watch," he sat down and started to lay all his tools. Then he rolled his sleeve up to his elbow and you gulped. When Jinyoung arrived this morning, you complained about his outfit. You clearly told him that you needed him to do some heavy lifting, so you expected him to come in casual clothes, like T-shirt and jeans. But no, like a primp college student, he came in long sleeve shirt and you could see he wore a tanktop underneath but thankfully, he wore jeans. But now, when he rolled his sleeves, you couldn't help but staring how that action made his biceps more prominent. You could see the outline of his muscle underneath his shirt. Now you knew why those wattpad writers said that girls went crazy when guys showed their forearms, rather than completely shirtless. Though that could be a mouthwatering sight as well, you thought as you remembered how he looked like, shirtless, in one of his drama.

"Hey!" Jinyoung snapped his fingers in front of your face and chuckled when he saw your startled face. "Focus! I'll show you how to do it first so you can try to do it yourself later," he pointed to the other boxes with similar stuff inside. You groaned as you realized he wouldn't help you assemble all the tables himself. Sometimes you wished your boyfriends was all sweet and devoted and not savage on times like these.

"Okay, don't forget to read the instruction first," he started, pulling out of the parts and the instruction out of the box. He pointed which part that you should connect first and started to work. He demonstrated how the portable screwdriver made it easy to screw the screws. In no time, he has connected all the feet to the body and just needed to put it the last screw. When he finished assembling all the parts and the table was built, you clapped your hands, praising his effort.

"Whoaaa... I never know that you're such a handyman, oppa."

"Well, now you know," he said smuggly and handed you the screwdriver. "Now it's your turn," he said as he dragged the other box and unboxing it. You groaned but obliged. After all, you knew that he would help you. You started to copy whatever he was doing before and you got several few steps right.

"Ayyy.. You hold it upside down," he stopped you. "This one goes here and that one goes here," he pointed to make his point clearer and you realized he was closing in behind you, trapping you in front of him with the way he was holding the part in front of you. You clicked your tongue at him as you realized he was clearly teasing you by sitting too close, with your back almost pressed to his chest.

"It's not fastened enough," he said after checking the last screw. "It'll come loose again."

"Ugh, can't you fix it? I'm tired already," you whined and he glared at you but softly pulled your hand in his and guided you to fasten the last screw together. Oh well, he could be quite romantic if he tried. Though it was a rare occasion. A very rare occasion.

"I'm starving. Do you have some food in this place?" he asked after putting the last book in your bookshelves and walked to check the fridge. You have imagined what would come next when he realized your fridge was completely empty since you forgot to do grocery shopping yesterday. And you were right, he glared at you since he knew that meant you didn't eat anything for breakfast.

"I will, I will!" you shouted immediately when you saw his face. "I will buy some groceries tonight, I promise. I was exhausted last night that I forgot about it."

He sighed, "Just sit still. Do whatever you need to do," he waved toward several stuff that was still lying around. "I'll buy some groceries and food. You'd probably passed out again tonight." And just that he left again and when he came back thirty minutes later, he came back with several bags in his hand.

"No no no no," he stopped you when you tried to help him unloading the groceries. "You'd better take a shower and freshen up yourself. I'll put away the groceries as well as prepare the food."

"Are you sure, oppa?" you felt bad when he did most the work.

"Yeah sure. Just go. I'll be fine here," he said, crossing his arms in front of his chest and watching you until you went inside your room. When you emerged fifteen minutes later, looking fresh from the shower and appeared in the kitchen, you saw Jinyoung has put all the food on the dining table but he was still wrestling in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" you peeked from behind him and saw that he has cut all the fruits in front of him and motioned you to move out of his way as he grabbed your blender from the cupboard and put it on the kitchen island.

"Making you some smoothies. I've put the extra cut up fruits in the plastic bag and put it in the freezer so next time you want to fix something quick, you can just dump it in the blender, add some milk or other and voila.. You'll get a glass of smoothies."

"Who are you? Are you possessed by Jackson oppa?" you teased him as the one obssessed with anything healthy was Jackson.

He grunted, his cute pout made an appearance, "No, I'm not. But I only agree to let you live here if you take care of your health. If I ever found you pass out in here because you had no food or you order food delivery all the time, I'll pack your stuff and have you move into my place. Do you hear me?"

You nodded, "Yes, sir. Loud and clear." He asked you to move in with him, but you refused it. Saying that you were capable of taking care of yourself. And it was too soon. Well, practically you two has been living under the same roof after 'that' incident but you were grateful for that experience but you wanted to get back to your own feet for awhile. You wanted to make sure that you're 100% fully functioning on your own.

"Now," he handed your glass, "drink up and let's eat." You two clinked your glass together and he watched you until you drank up all the smoothie. You were thankful since he helped you with moving and assembling the DIY stuff, and he even set up dinner as well. However, when you were about to clean up the aftermath, you saw what he did with the boxes and other garbage. He just put them aside behind your front door.

"Oppaaa!!" you yelled and he ran away, knowing fully why you shouted. "Now I know why your members and your sisters warned me about you being messy." They've told you that Jinyoung was not fond of cleaning up and they were right. Oh well, at least he fed you so you had the energy to do the clean up duty.