CEO/BOSS #3

a/n: I think this one is really easy. too easy. I bet most of you guys can guess this one. 

------------------------------------------------------

"Pssst.. call Henry and tell him to hurry! Boss is already here," Mina, your friend at the office nudged you. You craned your neck over your monitor and your boss had indeed already arrived on set. You quickly grabbed your phone and hurriedly called Henry, informing him that he should rush since the boss didn't like people who came late. You could hear Henry's labored breathing and without saying a word, he already knew why you called him.

"Damn it, the boss has arrived, hasn't he?" He cursed in between his panting. "Tell him I'm five minutes out," he quickly added before ending the call.

Five minutes later, Henry arrived at the set, already dreading to see the boss since this was his first time being late.

"Sorry boss," he quickly apologized when he saw everyone else stopped working when he approached them. The boss quickly dismissed him, but with a fair warning for not being late again in the future. You knew well that Henry was late probably because of the lack of sleep since he got a newborn baby, but you knew, your boss wouldn't tolerate any reasons, not including lack of sleep because of a newborn baby.

Yeah sure, your boss was quite strict. He was always on time. Somehow it was a good thing since everyone else picked up the same working code and it made things work smoothly, but at times, it felt quite restricting. Like one time, one of your coworkers got into an accident and she came late to the office. It was a legit reason, one that she couldn't predict, but your boss didn't say a thing about it when she muttered her reason. He just dismissed her and it almost broke her into tears, thinking that she might get a scolding or even worse, get expelled because of it. Luckily, she accepted none so the boss must've had some understanding despite that cold exterior that he showed her.

You knew well that your boss was not a cruel person. In fact, he was quite the opposite. You knew well because you worked for the HR/PR team. He often reminded you to send gifts whenever someone in the office got married or had a baby. He even tried to come to their wedding party or visited them whenever he got time. And he didn't have lots of spare time. One day he would be here in the office and tomorrow, he might be on the plane to other countries. Few days later, he would probably be somewhere else. If only he lived in Europe, maybe he could have breakfast in Paris, lunch in Amsterdam, and dinner in Vienna. He was also never one to hesitate in helping everyone, even though he was the boss. He wouldn't hesitate to help with the lifting if the girls had to lift boxes or other heavy stuff to the set. He also made sure that everyone felt comfortable and safe at work, especially for the girls.

You looked at your watch. It was way past lunch time already, but somehow, the shooting today wasn't working according to the plan. Everyone on the set was on their toes. They were starving but no one dared to go for lunch when the boss was here and he didn't have his lunch yet as well. You could feel your stomach protesting, but you tried to ignore its protest.

"Excuse me," you felt someone tapped your shoulders and you saw a delivery man, holding two big bags of food and drinks standing behind you. You gave him a questioning look and he lifted his arms, showing the bags in his hands. "I got a delivery?"

Before you could ask anything, someone jogged to your side, "Yes, that'll be mine." You heard your boss answering and you quickly offered a hand to take over the bags from the delivery man. Your boss then turned to face you after he paid the delivery man and told you to distribute the food and the drinks to everyone on set. Soon, there were murmurs of gratitude throughout the set as everyone welcomed their lunch.

"I order the drink with less sugar and ice," he announced, as if everyone hadn't known his obsession toward everything healthy.

You held your own drink and sipped it. It was waayyy less sweet than what you used to have, but beggars couldn't choose. Even though your boss didn't miss that wince on your face when you tried the drink.