AFTERMATH (MARK)

You wanted nothing more than kicking your husband out of bed right now. He's been squatting in his studio for days and didn't come home, and when he finally came home, he was barely out of bed. If he wasn't in bed, then he would play games on his computer. It pushed all the buttons and wore your patience thin. Not that you didn't know his habits before, but you expected him to at least changed a bit, considering that the two of you still lived under his parent's roof. You wanted to move out once you two were married, but he argued since he had to go back and forth between Korea and LA. He didn't like the idea of you living alone in the house, so he thought it would be better that you two lived with his parents. You thought it would be temporary, considering that his brother was also still living there, but no, it's been a year and a half and there were no signs that he would change the housing situation. You sighed as no one seemed to understand your predicament. Everyone thought you were the modern-day Cinderella. From a nobody, then you got married to the one and only, Mark Tuan. Everyone kept telling you that you got the happily ever after that everyone dreamt of, but why you didn't feel like living the fairytale?

You were lucky that you won the argument regarding your career. He lost the argument so he let you continue working despite his protest. You couldn't imagine living in his house with his parents 24/7, without doing anything. You tried to help around, but his mother always woke up much earlier than you and if you asked if you could help with the house chores, she never gave you one. She told you that everything was finished already. You knew you had to wake up earlier, but it was hard to do since you had to work until late at night. Yeah, you forced yourself to work two jobs despite Mark's disagreement. You insisted that you two should make some money on your own, so you two could support both of you financially and not depending on his parents anymore. You knew he didn't make steady income. Yeah, that was the sad truth. Despite what everyone's believed in, you knew the sad truth about his financial condition. He got his income from his modelling more than his music, and the photoshoot job was not as many as before. And he spent the money he got from modelling to fund his music career. Or burning it to be exact. He spent it on his friends who always thought that he had more money to burn. Your teeth gritted when you remembered his so-called friends, lazy-asses friends that worked half-heartedly. You tried to make him hire profesionals but he was against the idea, telling you that he promised his friends to help them. Well yeah, maybe for once or twice would be okay, but to let them leech for the rest of his life? But Mark didn't see it that way and you were tried arguing the same time over and over again.

"Mark, wake up," you shook his shoulder, trying to wake him up. He was supposed to have a meeting with a brand in three hours. Yeah, his so-called friend forgot when they made him drunk last night and luckily remembered to tell you to wake Mark up this morning. You wanted nothing but to kick their asses and sent them to Timbuktu.

"Five more minutes. Why do you always disturb me while I'm sleeping?" he groaned, his voice was still heavy with sleep. Usually, you would find his deep, low morning voice as sexy, but not today.

"You have a meeting in three hours. Wake up and drink the medicine or you'd have a pounding headache at the meeting," you placed the medicine and a glass of water on his nightstand before leaving him again. You had to go to work in an hour yourself, so you tiptoed to the kitchen and was relieved when you found it empty. Lately, you had no mood to meet his family members. Not that they weren't friendly to you, but you felt unwelcomed there. They didn't need to say anything. The tension was palpable everytime they were in the same room as you. And it became clearer recently.

"Ugh, why I didn't know about this meeting?" Mark came to the kitchen, bringing the empty glass in his hand and tried to kiss you but you avoided him.

"Your breath reeked of alcohol," you stated. "And thanks to your friends, they conveniently forgot about your schedule when they took you out for drink," you spat.