TAKING CARE OF YOU (JINYOUNG)

There were two things that Jinyoung kept complaining about you. One, for almost never being jealous at him. And two, for almost never got sick. Well, aside from the incident that got you hospitalized when you just started seeing him, he grunted that he almost never had the chance to take care of you. You would even walk around, did everything on your own, even though you had fever. He even commented once that it'd need a bull to run over you to make you sick and had to lie in bed. Though you knew he was just joking. He complained that he got to be the sweet boyfriend on screen, while he couldn't do that to his real girlfriend. You shrugged and made a point that if you got sick easily, then you'd be in trouble since it is your job to see sick people.

However, today was a different case. You got your COVID booster scheduled today. You remembered the first time you got your first two doses back then. The first dose only gave you a slight fever and a sore arm. The second dose however, completely knocked you down. You got high fever and the soreness on your arm was over the edge. You barely could step down from your bed. You were worried about the after effect from this booster. Though the hospital gave you two days off just to be safe, today and tomorrow. You already bought the medicine needed to be safe as you didn't keep any medicine in the house. There was a bit flaw in your plan. You didn't tell Jinyoung about the jab today. He was busy with shooting and all, so you didn't want to bother him. You were hoping that it wouldn't be as bad as before.

One hour after you got back home after the jab, you started to feel soreness on your arm. Feeling that you might not be able to use your arm soon, you decided to cook yourself lunch and dinner quickly before loading the laundry to the washing machine. It was lunch time when you felt your head getting heavier, your temple started to pound like hell. You took the medicine after lunch and felt defeated. You headed to bed to rest, hoping that it would go away after taking some rest. But that wasn't the result that you got. Your temperature rose up. Even without the thermometer, you could feel yourself burning up. You were shivering though you could feel your body burning up. Even though you have eaten before, you didn't have any energy left to step out of bed and went to the kitchen to grab another medicine. You pushed yourself to sit on the bedside only to be gifted the pounding headache. Everything started to feel spinning around. Being a hard headed that you are, you tried to stand up but your leg gave away. You were bracing yourself to collide with the hard floor, but you were embraced by something hard but soft at the same time. You opened your eyes to find Jinyoung bumpered your fall.

"Oppa," your voice croaked when you tried to speak. Jinyoung cursed high and low when he felt your forehead burning from the fever, your whole body covered in sweats.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're getting a booster today?" he didn't waste any second to scold you, even though he was gently lifting you up and putting you back in bed. "I only knew about it when Jackson asked me about you as Ellie was getting her booster as well. Can you imagine what will happen if I didn't get back home just in time?" You smiled a bit as you saw worry in his eyes even though his words were not getting nicer as he saw how weak you were.

"Sorry," you reached out and he immediately held your hands in his, "I just didn't think it'd be as bad as before, if not worse," you chuckled a bit. "I thought it'd be less than before, but apparently I was wrong."

"What are you doing?" he pushed you back when you tried to sit up.

"I have my medicine on the kitchen island," you explained but he stopped you immediately.

"Just stay here. I'll get it for you. Anything else?" he paused to see you shook your head. "And I mean it when I say just stay still. Don't even dare to move a muscle," he left after shooting glares at you, to make sure you heard his threat loud and clear. He came back seconds later with a glass of water and your medicine in his hand.

"Wait, have you eaten dinner yet?" he put everything on your nightstand.

"Is it dinner time now?" you tried to lift your arm to see the watch on your wrist, and he was right. It was dinner time. You didn't realize how long you have fallen asleep.

He sighed, "Just stay here. I'll bring back some food. Eat first before taking your medicine." With that he left again, a bit longer as you heard him shuffling in the kitchen, probably reheating the food that you cooked earlier. He came back with a food of tray and set it aside before putting it on the bed after helping you to sit against the headboard.

"Lasagna, huh?" he made a comment about the choice of food that you decided to cook. "Oh well, not an ideal patient's food but since you made it yourself, at least you'd eat that," he clearly remembered you didn't like porridge. He chuckled when he found out you were too weak to feed yourself and was more than willing to feed you. He was laughing at your pout since you often complained when he wanted to baby you, saying you could take care of yourself, but now he was feeding you like a baby and you hated the situation much. But you were half-grateful that he didn't tease you much further and chose to concentrate to make sure you ate well before taking the medicine.

"Do you think you can sit long enough to wash up?" he asked and you decided to try. He helped you to walk toward the bathroom before setting you on the edge of the bathtub before running the bath. He helped you out of your clothes and he followed suit. But he was being a dutiful boyfriend this time. Making sure you didn't spend too long in the bath and only focused on washing you up and did nothing else. You found yourself clothed in a fresh clothes and you felt a little better. The warm bath, the fresh clothes and full stomach effectively got rid the pounding heachache. He measured your temperature and satisfied to find that your fever has gone down before tucking you back in bed.

"Oppa," you mumbled with half closed lid.

"Hmm," he brushed aside few strands of hair behind your ear to get a better look at your face.

"Thank you," your words came out as half sigh and he rewarded you with a kiss on the top of your head.

"It's okay. I'm glad I get the chance to take care of you. Just remember, I'm not letting you get away from not telling me earlier. Just wait until you get better," you couldn't help but smile against his chest over his empty threat.

"Oppa..," you paused to make sure you got his attention. "I'm getting the day off tomorrow as well."

"Okay. I'll empty my schedule tomorrow. And no complain about what I'm going to do tomorrow," you couldn't argue and at the same time felt excited for the prospect of spending the whole day with him tomorrow.