02

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing on my phone, 6:15am it read.  I got up and put my robe over me and grabbed my slippers and put them on.  It was mid spring so the sun was always up before me, shining through the windows of the house which I didn't have curtains for.  I made my way downstairs and was met with my babies sleeping in their beds.  They suddenly woke up to the sound of the coffee machine and jumped all over me, scratching my legs with their paws.  "Hello my babies" I talked in a cute dog voice and they gave me a few kisses by licking me.  I grabbed my coffee mug and placed it on the kitchen island, I walked to the pantry where I kept the dog food and placed it equally in both bowls as well as laying down fresh water for my pups.  I sat on the kitchen island and sipped my coffee.  I grabbed my phone to check my emails for work and I had a few so I responded and confirmed what I needed to do.  Even though I knew she wasn't going to be awake I still messaged her.

Good morning Blankett! 
Delivered 6:28am

I know you're sleeping but when you land over here I will have a car waiting for you all just off the runway .  Have a safe flight and message me when you can.
Delivered 6:30am

I hopped off the seat and headed to the shower in my room, my room was the only room which was the masters bedroom.  My bathroom and room was obviously bigger than the rest but not by a huge amount.  I walked into the shower and let the hot water burn my skin until I felt a tingling sensation.  I shampoo'd and conditioned my hair and grabbed my favourite body scrub and body wash and lathered it all over my body.  Once I was done I headed out the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and hair.  I did my skincare and brushed my teeth and got dressed for the day.  I slid on a pair of sweatpants and an oversized hoodie, with Nike socks and a baseball cap.  I put on my black gucci sliders and headed into my office which was in the library behind a secret bookshelf.  This was where I did real business, not work business, if you get what I mean.  I entered the code for the office and the door opened.  I slid in closing the door behind me and walking over to my desktop where my iMac was standing, a long with a stack of files and a mini fridge that I kept bottles of water in.  I logged into my Mac and answered emails on there.  I checked my work phone that was in that office and messaged back colleagues, the people that work for me now.  I was half way writing up a response email when I got a phone call.

"Tyla it's nice to speak to you" an older man spoke down the phone.

"Hey, Quinton what's up?" I asked holding the phone between my arm and face while trying to still type.

"Did you forget Miss Baldwin?  We have brunch today at the Britannia Hotel and restaurant" he reminded me.

"Oh yes, I'm sorry it completely slipped my mind.  Shall I meet you there?" I asked him Quinton. 

"No no, I'll get a car to pick you up outside the gates?  That cool with you Miss Baldwin?" He asked to confirm.

"Of course, I'll see you then.  Thanks Quinton.  Goodbye" I ended the call.  Shit. I totally forgot. 

Quinton worked for my Dad, he was his wingman, always protected him and risked his life for my Father.  Since my Father passed, he left his legacy to me, all of it.  Now Quinton returns the exact same favours for me.  That's all you need to know. 

Once I was finished with catching up with everything it was 9:30am, I needed to start getting ready.  I slid out of my office and entered the code to lock it and made my way to my bedroom.  Since it was the Britannia, I couldn't wear basic day to day clothes so I slipped on a black dress with black heels, to show people who's boss, and because when I wear outfits like this, I feel like I'm invincible.  I checked myself in the mirror and completed a few touch ups before applying my nude coloured lipstick.  I put in my earrings and asked Michael (my driver) if he could drive me down to the gates as Quinton was already there.  "Of course Miss Baldwin, hop in" so I did. 

—————————

We were seated at our tables, sipping on mimosas, I ordered fried shrimp and Quinton ordered the same.  He talked to me about business and what we needed to do to move on as a whole.  This business of mine was like a family.  I owned many business' but not like this one.  This one was different, dark, mysterious, shady and kinda sketchy, but still professional. 

"You know Tyla, we still can't find the man we've been looking for.  It's been years now.  Are you sure you don't want to give up?  What happened happened, and it's disappointing and heartbreaking that I can't just snap his little neck for what he did but we've searched wide and far, even checked every security cameras in airports, tapped into street CCTV cameras, nothing" Quinton explained. 

"We are not giving up.  That man killed my Mother and Father Quinton.  You was like a son to my Father, how can you even think about giving up?  If you can't find him you and the rest work twice as hard.  Then still if there is no use, I'll consider letting it slide for the time being, am I understood?"  I said in a stern tone and Quinton had a scared look on his face.  I was only this 'scary' when it came to this business.  I was actually a big softy. 

"Yes ma'am" Quinton looked down.  He was like a second Father to me of course, but I still held the power over his head.  "I'm glad we have you running things Baldwin, you never give up no matter what and you've done a lot for our family" (the business family).  "Well of course Quin, you've all known me since I was pretty much born.  You've all protected me one way or another, so I'd be rude not to return the favour" I subtly smiled and he returned.

"Come on let's take a photo of you in your amazing dress for your Instagram" he said and I excitedly followed. 

♡1,354,298 likes                12,457 comments

Tybaldwin: giving a fuck doesn't really go with my outfit today. 

User A: holy sh¡t that's hot!

User B: @UserA right!!!!

User C: Can I live with you?

User D: Please tell me you're gay😩

Tybaldwin: @UserD IM GAY😩

*Notification*

Mssarahcatherinepaulson liked your photo.

I smiled to myself.