41

Tyla's POV:

Today was Wednesday, which meant I had to visit the restaurant, I tried to do this once a month to make sure everything was running smoothly.

I didn't have much to do today, and Sarah left an hour ago to go to set and shoot the new movie she was in. She's worked incredibly hard to become the character she was playing. She begs me all the time to run over her lines with her and of course I give in and say yes. She changes into a completely different person, even when she's just practicing. Everything about her changes. From her voice to her posture, her facial expressions and hair. It was remarkable. I love watching her become different people, it's to mesmerising.

Before she left she came back into the room and kissed me on the forehead. "I made pancakes, they're downstairs for when you wake up" she whispered. I heard her but my body couldn't function to fully wake up yet.

I climbed out of bed and glanced at the alarm clock. '7:44am'.

I made my way down the grand stairs, my bare feet slapping on the cold floor. I yawned walking into the kitchen and was greeted by Beau and Bonnie. "Hello my babies" I spoke in a childlike tone. You know, the time you speak in when you speak to your own pets. You get it.

I opened the patio doors and they ran wild. It was early May. Meaning summer was nearly here, but it felt like it already was. The sun beamed down everyday for the past few weeks. This made me feel more alive. Ever since I met Sarah I started to slowly enjoy life again, after being hit with a huge depression episode and anxiety. After my parents got taken I could barely leave my house, my bed even. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that my parents aren't here no more. I know sometimes they're watching over me. It's a weird sensation I get in my body, no matter how much I try to explain it still won't make sense. But I know they're here there and then.

I walked over to the counter where my coffee machine was sat and grabbed the coffee beans and placed them into the machine. I watched as they got crushed up and formed into grains of coffee. I placed my mug under the machine and grabbed what I needed. I stirred my coffee and put the cup towards my lips, taking a sip.

"Aaahhhh" I breathed out. That's exactly what I needed to wake me up. Coffee. I'm starting to think I have an addiction to caffeine. Probably. I used to drink it every night before Sarah came along. The nightmares used to scare me into not sleeping. Now I don't get nightmares, I feel secure in Sarah's presence.

I walked out onto the patio barefoot. Big mistake, the floor was boiling hot and made me run back inside. "Fvck sake!" I whisper-yelled in frustration. I grabbed my sliders and walked back out. The sun hit me right away, even though it was still early morning, the song was so strong. I walked over to the lounge area outside and sat on the woven sofa which contained outdoor pillows. I sat on the side where the parasol was. I placed my coffee on the glass table and threw my head back on the sofa. I was enjoying the moment until my phone rang.

"Oh for fvck sake"

I grabbed the phone and held it up to my ear, also grabbing my mug of coffee.

I looked at the screen, 'Baby<3'.

I smiled.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey baby, I didn't mean to wake you" Sarah spoke on the other end of the phone.

"No you didn't, I was just outdoors in the lounge area. Everything okay my love?" I asked.

"Uh- uhm, i- i don't know" Sarah.

"What's wrong baby? Speak to me?" I stood up now worried.

"You know how I said I didn't know who was going to be the other actors and actresses on this movie?" Sarah's voice shook.