Chapter 44

Duanmu Yi took a deep breath, only to feel that his heart was suffocated. There was a grief in his heart, and he was so depressed that he couldn't breathe. He even felt that if he received some whipping punishment, it would make him feel more comfortable.

Duanmuyi didn't care when he was suspected by everyone and pointed at him by everyone. The only thing he cares about is Yingzhao's trust in him, as long as Yingzhao believes in himself.

But he didn't expect that he would let himself down after all.

Duanmu Yi lowered his eyes, silently and the servant beside him roughly pulled him up and took him to the ancestral hall. With his arms tied like this, he sat there on his knees without saying a word.

Yingzhao watched the gate of the ancestral hall in front of him slowly closing, and the lonely figure kneeling in front of the tablet made Yingzhao's heart aches and pains, and he hated Bai Wenxuan even more in his heart.

But now the result of Mingmian's handling is not bad. Yingzhao on the man's side is naturally reluctant for him to be punished, and he has a way to compensate his lover.

Now Bai Wenxuan feels that Duanmuyi is no longer a threat, but he can relax his vigilance, which is convenient for his actions.

Besides, Bai Wenxuan also knew in his heart that Duanmuyi's identity was special, so he was barely satisfied when he was given such an explanation, and he did not pursue it any further.

He also knew that it was too late. If he kept biting on it, he was afraid it would reduce his impression in Yingzhao's heart.

And Yingzhao naturally praised him a lot, saying that he was considerate and generous, and told him to rest and recuperate before leaving Bai Wenxuan's room.

It was only after the dead of night that Yingzhao quietly sneaked into the ancestral hall. Seeing the man who was still kneeling and sitting motionless, Yingzhao felt distressed.

He quietly approached Duanmuyi, and by the weak candlelight in the ancestral hall, he saw that Duanmuyi's eyes were dead silent, and there was no light.

This made Yingzhao's heart tense in vain. He quickly grabbed Duanmuyi's arm, shook it gently, and called to him, "Duanmuyi, are you alright?"

Duanmuyi heard Yingzhao's voice and passed by. It took a long time to react. When he looked at Yingzhao's face, his eyes gradually gained focus.

Just now, when he was locked in this dim ancestral hall, he unconsciously thought of the time in the harem. I have also been insulted and ominous countless times, and I have been ridiculed for being dumb.

Even a dignified descendant of the royal family was often locked in the firewood room by the palace servants when he was a child, and they listened to his crying for fun.

They all felt that Duanmu could not speak, and the late emperor said that he was an ominous person. So no matter what happens to him, no one will call the shots for him.

Over time, Duanmu Yi became more and more silent. Until he was fourteen years old, the previous emperor died, and the new emperor pardoned the world. In order to show his kindness, he gave him the title of a prince, and his life was a little easier.

However, although he is called a prince, he does not have his own mansion. When I was a child, in the deep palace, I only ate leftovers, and the charcoal fire in winter was often not enough. Until the group of people found him... With his

eyes down, Duanmu Yi couldn't help sneering in his heart. That group of people looking for him is just wishful thinking for his own purposes. No one has really put himself in his heart, so he would rather stay in the palace.