Chapter 4: The Room

Fear was the only emotion there was inside me at this moment. If Junior was like Dark-Soul, I could only hope that he would stop after breaking me physically. Dark-Soul needed me mentally present, but I couldn't say the same for his son. Since they had no use for me anymore, who cared if I was completely broken.
    "Lyra, go to the disappearance room now."
    "There's still a week before the ceremony. Why do I have to go? I won't eat for a complete week."
There I was on the floor again, this time by the hand of Junior. Taking after daddy, I see.
    "It's not like you can die of starvation. Be grateful that we feed you." said Junior.
    "I know."
    "I know, who?"
    "I know, sir."
    "It's Master, for you."
    "This is not happening. A werewolf has no master." I growled.
    "We'll see about that." he said, approaching menacingly.
I won't flinch, not this time. I refuse to have a master.
    "Enough!" Dark-Soul shout. "Lyra, the room. Mikyan, you can punish her after the ceremony."
Great, a week break from seeing the sun, food or, the only positive aspect, Dark-Soul and Junior!
    "Yes, your Majesty."
    I ran to the room, at least there I would be safe. Only Dark-Soul and I knew the combination or where it was. I looked around to be sure no one was there and I moved the painting that was in front of the door. I entered, closed the door, turned on the light. The walls were painted white, but there was some streaks of red, my blood. I had been insolent once in here and had received a beating. There was a sheet in the corner and that was it. No windows, nothing but a sheet. I took off my dress and changed into my wolf form, easier to keep warmth. In this form and room, I felt invisible. Who am I kidding? I was invisible, nobody knew I was here, nobody could feel or smell or find me. This is depressing. I laid on the sheet and fell asleep.
    I dreamt that night. Weird, I don't usually dream, I normally have nightmares. Not this time. This time was different. I was in my wolf form, running in the forest, free. No necklace, no Dark-Soul or Junior after me. I could feel the forest, the wind, other animals and I was, for the first time, happy. My powers were flowing freely and I could feel a presence beside me. I turned my head. There was an other wolf. Pitch black. The complete opposite of mine. I knew at that moment that it was him, my soul-mate. I could feel it in my bones. His wolf smiled at me, recognizing me. I was about to rub my nose inside his fur when I woke up. There I was smiling and crying at the same time. Smiling because I had finally seen him, crying because I knew this would never happen other than in my dreams.
    In changed to my human form to work out. I knew this wasn't a good idea, since I wouldn't be able to eat for a week, but what was I supposed to do? I don't know how long I trained or what time it was now. I could hear the servants running around, so it must still a couple of days before the ceremony. Yes, I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. It was in case Dark-Soul wanted to talk to me without my presence being revealed.
    The Southern wolves had arrived. Their Alpha, Ylna, protector, can control water. She and Dark-Soul clashed a lot, since he controlled fire, but they respected each other. The Eastern wolves were the next ones to arrive. Their Alpha is Zynelle, fierce, she controls air. I heard that the Eastern wolves are very kind, except if someone attacks them. I wish they would have found me instead of Dark-Soul. The last ones to arrive were the Western wolves with their Alpha, Prior, strength, who controls earth. The four kingdom were reunited, which rarely happened other than the yearly reunion in the central territory, the neutral zone.
    After what I assumed was the evening meal, murmurs echoed in the corridor. Weird, since all the excitement should have died down by now. Someone said that Rilos, night, was here. Who is it? Why is everyone excited all of the sudden? Maybe it's someone important. I had never heard of someone who was more important than the four Alphas. At the same time, I had never been out of this prison. Something was moving in the corner of my eye. Nothing should be here. I turned my head. There you go, I've gone crazy. Must be the fear of torture that was acting up. Close your eyes, it will disappear.