Chapter 9: Out of Jail

When I woke up again, everything was dark. I knew it, it was a dream all along. Nobody saved me, I was still stuck in the torture chamber with Junior. I started weeping and sobbing. Getting your hopes up only for them to crash was a worse feeling than any beating there was. I felt around. I wasn't on the floor. I was on something soft, a bed perhaps. I wasn't chained up. I was scared. Was this a new form of torture?
"Are you all right, sweetheart? I heard you cry. Don't move, your bones aren't done healing. I have nothing to do with the low-lives who did this to you. My name is Rilos and I'm your soul-mate. Those who did this to you are in jail and will stay there until I kill them."
The voice from yesterday. Fear gripped my insides. He was there. He knew what they did to me and would do it as well. Will he take my eyes as well?
"He took your eyes?" he asked, anger slowly filling his voice.
I retreated away from him. He was angry and that would mean me getting beat up. Please don't hit me, please don't hurt me.
"It's okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you and I would definitely never hurt you. I'll give you your eyes back. It'll probably tingle a little, so stay calm. I'll heal your voice and bones at the same time."
I felt warm all over. I could feel my bones being put back in place and my vocal cords being healed. I felt my eyes forming back again but I was too scared to open them. What if he was lying? I was already broken but it could send me lower than I was.
"I'm not lying to you, sweetheart, I promise. Open your eyes." he said getting closer to me.
I whimpered and started crying again, trying to get away from him without opening my eyes. Men are dangerous. Men hurt me. Stay away. I'm scared.
"Alright. I'm sorry."
His voice was shaking. I don't get why? Was it because I didn't let him hurt me? Should I let him hurt me?
"No, sweetheart. Nobody will ever hurt you, not even me. I'll go get someone. Okay? Stay here."
The door closed. I stayed there with my eyes closed until the door opened again. A delicious smell filled the room. Chicken soup, maybe?
"It is chicken soup, darling." said a feminine voice.
You hear my thoughts too?
"Yes, that's my power. Rilos lets me hear yours. Nobody else can. He is very protective of you. My name is Satie, by the way."
Comfort?
"Yes." I could hear a smile in her voice. "Open your eyes, so I can see how pretty your eyes are."
Women never hurt me. I could trust her. I opened my eyes.
"Oh my, purple, that's uncommon. They are the most beautiful shade I've ever seen."
Thank you.
I looked at her. She was tall and had pretty grey hair. She seemed ageless, much like any werewolf. She was beautiful. She had put the chicken soup on a small table by the entrance. I looked around to see where I was. There was big windows and the sun was shining inside the room. I never had windows in my room. The walls were painted a deep blue colour, with white mouldings. The bed I was on was huge, bigger than my room in the North castle. There was a wardrobe in the corner, a desk with a mirror on top and pretty tubes filled with colours. There was two doors made of wood with decorations all over them. This was the most beautiful room I had ever seen.
"Thank you for saying I was beautiful, even though I am nearly 150. With food in your system, you will be even more beautiful than me, I can guarantee it. There, eat this soup slowly. I don't know how long you've been without food and I don't want to make you sick. Wait, you said that the bed was bigger than your room? Who treated you like that? A unique coloured wolf, especially one with as much power as you, should have been treated like royalty."
Dark-Soul didn't seem to think that I deserved any better. I ate the food slowly. Last time I had a meal was on my birthday, the 6th of December.
"THE 6 OF DECEMBER? Honey, that was 3 months ago. Is this Dark-Soul the one who did this to you? I will find him and kill his sorry ass."
Him and his son. I think you know them by their name: Cyrian and Mikyan?
"The Alpha of the Northern wolves and his son did this to you? Those bastards. That's why they are in the cells of the castle and Rilos invoked the Dula on them."
I had finished the soup. I didn't think I was that hungry. I guess 3 months without food will do that to you. I tried to get out of the bed, but my legs weren't able to support me and I fell on the floor.
"Are you okay, darling? Here, let me help you. Did you want to take a bath?"
She took me in her arms. Yes, a bath would be nice. She smiled gently.
"Let's take these clothes off and put you in a warm bath."
I hadn't noticed that I was wearing clothes. These were pretty but I had probably dirtied them since I hadn't took a shower in 3 months and Sadist had soiled me, everyday.
"Sadist? What do you mean by soiled?"
Mikyan, he raped me. She gasped and started shaking. Why is she shaking?
"Honey, werewolves don't rape. That's not normal. He must have been one sick and twisted one. Don't worry, I'll castrate him for you."
I chuckled.
"Now that's what I want to hear."
She opened the bathroom door. It was gorgeous. It was in the same tones as the bedroom but the walls were white and the mouldings were dark blue. There was a giant bath tub near the wall and a shower with glass walls in the corner. Satie put me slowly in the tub.
"Do you need help washing?"
If that's okay with you.
"Of course, that's why I'm here."
She washed my body slowly. She started humming. The bath water soon changed colour. She took me out, sitting me on a towel, and emptied the tub. She filled it with clean water and put me back in it. She washed my hair with a shampoo that smelled like heaven.
"Look at that, you are a redhead. Who would have known under all that dirt? They are so long too. I will have so much fun doing your hair everyday and filling your wardrobe with vibrant blue and green as well as white and black. Your wolf must be a beautiful red colour as well."
It's white, actually.
"Really? Well I should have known. Rilos' wolf isn't the same colour as his hair too. You are his soul-mate, so you must be as special."
So he wasn't lying? I am his soul-mate?
"Of course you are. You have the same soul-mate tattoo. Look at your chest."
I frowned. You can see my tattoos? Doesn't the necklace affect you?
"What necklace, honey?"
I touched my neck. There was no necklace, it was gone. I panicked. I couldn't control my powers, I could kill someone.
"Calm down. Rilos is controlling them for now, just so you don't kill anyone. He'll show you how to use them once you are more comfortable around him. Now that I think about it, we never asked you your name. What bad people we are."
My name is Lyra, although everybody calls me Rishka.
"Rishka? What a dreadful name. Lyra suits you better, especially since your skin is so pale and your wolf is white."
My eyes filled with water. Nobody had said that before. She took me out of the tub. I smelled cleaned and was feeling so much better. She dried me with a warm towel and carried me back to the bed. She put a black nightgown over my head and helped my arms go in the sleeves.
"Your parents must think that it suits you since they named you. Where are they? I bet they didn't know you were treated that way."
They're dead. My mother died during childbirth and my father died soon after since they were soul-mate. I killed them because I was abnormal.
"Don't say that, she scolded me gently, you were a baby. You had nothing to do with their death. I will go get you another bowl of soup. I bet you are still hungry and we need to put some weight on your body. You are too skinny and you need energy to change."
She went out of the room and my eyelids couldn't stay up even if I tried, so I fell asleep, hoping that this wasn't a dream. That I really was safe.